Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills Free Agency Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billsfaninptown

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wish we would have put a 2nd round tender on him. It would have only cost 700'000 more.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its baffling how the patriots continue to try and take bills players away. This is another move i think that belichec is only focused on short term. No way this is a long term move. Even if bills match they have a couple of picks this year and would rather spend them on veterans then rookies.

Thanks Max
1ForTheThumb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
No way the pats sign gillislee they have minimal draft picks and they already have 4 rbs on the roster with a contract out for blount. This seems like to be full court press on blount and then check in with opponents players. Pats brought in a dolphins rfa rb as well

Yup, no way. Called this in one of the threads here early in the off-season. Replacing Blount with Burkhead and Gillislee is a upgrade for the Patriots.
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Gilislee, I didn't love him. I would let the Pats have him, take the pic, and roll with Tolbert being our short yardage back.

Adopt-a-Bill's
S Corey Graham
LB Preston Brown
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 for whatever your name is your paying 2 rbs almost 8 mil this year and i wouldnt consider burkhead as a upgrade to blount. He was 3rd string on the bengals and Gillislee was back up to Shady. You could have gone with a top talented RB for that 7.6 mil price but its the Patriots so of course media will blow them as a solid move. I hate to lose him and think it is a mistake to let him walk for a 5th rd pick but at 4 million this year it might not be worth it.

Thanks Max
1ForTheThumb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
1 for whatever your name is your paying 2 rbs almost 8 mil this year and i wouldnt consider burkhead as a upgrade to blount. He was 3rd string on the bengals and Gillislee was back up to Shady. You could have gone with a top talented RB for that 7.6 mil price but its the Patriots so of course media will blow them as a solid move. I hate to lose him and think it is a mistake to let him walk for a 5th rd pick but at 4 million this year it might not be worth it.

I think the combination of Burkhead and Gillislee absolutely has the chance to be an upgrade over Blount. While Burkhead and Gillislee have had limited carries, that low of a YPC is not hard to improve on. Not only that, Burkhead offers much more as a receiver than Blount, who offered pretty much nothing as a receiving threat.

Their position on another teams depth chart means nothing. We saw Hogan wasn't a primary option in Buffalo and he succeeded here. Many Bengals fan's said Burkhead was their best back last season. We've seen it time and time again. It doesn't matter what a player does prior to coming to the Patriots, or if he was buried on his previous teams depth chart. The Patriots have a completely different plan for Burkhead and Gillislee than their previous teams did.

The $4M is pricey, but cap isn't an issue for the Patriots right now. They front loaded it, and Amendola just re-structured his contract. They were likely to draft a RB so I don't mind giving up the pick.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hogan succeeded in New England? The bills had Kyle Orton EJ manuel as Qbs and was posting 500 yards and 4 td with Hogan. The patriots have Tom Brady said to be the best ever and only had 600 yards and 4 td with him. Dont see how that is said to be a solid move? Im pretty sure you or I can go on that team and get those stats with him at Qb.

I would hate to lose Gillislee but paying a back up rb 4 mil isnt ideal considering that is top 10 RB money this year and bills can use the money at other positions but I am glad the bills let Hogan go that dude sucks.

Thanks Max
Billsfaninptown

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxmw22 wrote:
I liked Gilislee, I didn't love him. I would let the Pats have him, take the pic, and roll with Tolbert being our short yardage back.

We are a run first team. We need depth at RB. Gillislee gave us a big boost when McCoy need a blow or was hurt. This really hurts our entire flow on offense.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So say we don't match the offer and take the 5th rounder.

Then McCoy gets injured (entirely possible) and is out 8 games next year; who's going to fill that void? Tolbert and Jonathan Williams? IIRC, Williams has had fumble issues in college and even turned one loose last year in one of his minimal snaps.

So now we have to draft another RB, when that pick should be used to fill other glaring needs.

^^Yeah, it's not worth all that. Just match the offer.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't expect us to match it and not giving him a second round tender is just idiotic. I don't know how big of a blow it will be and I could definitely see us drafting another RB in the top five rounds.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice Ö is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
1ForTheThumb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Hogan succeeded in New England? The bills had Kyle Orton EJ manuel as Qbs and was posting 500 yards and 4 td with Hogan. The patriots have Tom Brady said to be the best ever and only had 600 yards and 4 td with him. Dont see how that is said to be a solid move? Im pretty sure you or I can go on that team and get those stats with him at Qb.

I would hate to lose Gillislee but paying a back up rb 4 mil isnt ideal considering that is top 10 RB money this year and bills can use the money at other positions but I am glad the bills let Hogan go that dude sucks.

Yeah, I would consider being one of the best deep threats in football last year and that production with all of the Patriots options, he's been a big success.

Not to mention he performed pretty well in the play offs I'd say.
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well F the Patriots. They offer sheeted Mike Gillislee to a 2 year, $6.4 mil tender. Giving him 4 mil in year one to really stick it to us.

I hate the Patriots more than anything on this planet.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/854387810991837184

Quote:
Here we go: #Patriots extended an RFA offer sheet to #Bills RB Mike Gillislee. Itís for 2 years, $6.4M, source said. $4M in the 1st year.

Hootlander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="leeevans83d"]So say we don't match the offer and take the 5th rounder.

Then McCoy gets injured (entirely possible) and is out 8 games next year; who's going to fill that void? Tolbert and Jonathan Williams? IIRC, Williams has had fumble issues in college and even turned one loose last year in one of his minimal snaps.

So now we have to draft another RB, when that pick should be used to fill other glaring needs.

^^Yeah, it's not worth all that. Just match the offer.[/quote]

Not in R1 or R2. Probably not 3. So that leaves the 5th we get for letting him go. Not worth 4 mill.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hootlander wrote:
leeevans83d wrote:
So say we don't match the offer and take the 5th rounder.

^^Yeah, it's not worth all that. Just match the offer.

Not in R1 or R2. Probably not 3. So that leaves the 5th we get for letting him go. Not worth 4 mill.

Or you sign a guy like Deangelo Williams (played for McDermott in Carolina), James Starks (hometown is Buffalo), or even Blount for a mil or 2.

If shady goes down and out for 8 weeks Mike Gilislee wouldnt come in and get the same results. Shady is on another level at the running game, just look how the bills performed with Gillislee when Shady was out. Its not like Mike came in and ran the ball getting 100 yd games when Shady was injured.

Thanks Max
Billsfaninptown

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bills declined to match the Patriots offer to Gillislee. Another need going into draft day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17

Jump to: