You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills Free Agency Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
IMO Lawson hasn't shown much of anything in his limited time that excites me too much. Hoping being back in a 4-3 proves me wrong.

Hughes is over paid and really inconsistent as of late.

There's next to no depth there.

IMO DE is one of our bigger needs that gets no attention.

The fact that Hughes and Mario struggled after Rex came in. And Shaq didnt have much of an impact indicates it was Rex's scheme. These guys are much better as 4-3 DE

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
IMO Lawson hasn't shown much of anything in his limited time that excites me too much. Hoping being back in a 4-3 proves me wrong.

The fact that Hughes and Mario struggled after Rex came in. And Shaq didnt have much of an impact indicates it was Rex's scheme. These guys are much better as 4-3 DE

My thoughts as well, though I would add that, in the case of Lawson, coming off of an injury also played a part. Looking forward to seeing what he can do this upcoming season. I never saw him as a beast rushing the passer, more of a all-around reliable DE able to get some pressure while also able to hold the edge and defend the run. This versatility is why I really wanted him, even though I never thought he would fall to us. Belichick has killed us in the past by attacking our lop-sided formations (running when we were in nickel/dime, etc.), so having versatile players on the field is a priority for me.

Adopt a Bill:
I'd like to adopt myself as GM!
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:

Easy to blame Rex but neither was overly effected even when lined up in a 4-3.

Not saying Hughes can't get back to 2014 form, but I personally doubt it.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:

Easy to blame Rex but neither was overly effected even when lined up in a 4-3.

Not saying Hughes can't get back to 2014 form, but I personally doubt it.

Even when we did line up in a 4-3 with Rex it was a hybrid 4-3 which put DEs in a bad situation.its very telling that Hughes and Williams had 23 sacks under Pettine, 24.5 sacks under Schwartz, and as soon as Rex came in they dropped to 10 sacks. That is no coincidence. Rex struggled to get pressure from his pas rushers on the Jets. One of reasoms they drafted Coples and that didnt work out. Rex has always struggled to get pressure from pass rushers... its always the other positions like 3-4 DEs and blitzing linebackers that get the pressure in his defenses. I could understand maybe one regressing but the fact that both Hughes and Williams both regressed at the same time which corresponds with Rex coming in is very telling that it was his scheme and less of the players.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rex setup on defense was a huge blame for the decrease in hughes production. You look at his sack percentage from 2014-2016 and look at the amount of times he was told to pressure the qb and how many times he dropped back in coverage. Schwartz pretty much had the front four rushing the passer every down, Rex had hughes mario and shaq dropping back in coverage alot of the time that is a huge difference. Shaq should have never been drafted for rex scheme he is a pure 4-3 DE and not a stand up 3-4 OLB. I didnt like the move because of it but now that he is in the scheme he should have been in it makes me think he will have a big season for the bills. If he doesnt then you have to start to think of the bust label for him as he has 2 stout DT and a top DE on the opposite side.

Thanks Max
Billsfaninptown

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zach Brown signed with the Redskins.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bills sign China Arena League player Jake Metz DE

Thanks Max
Billsfaninptown

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Gillislee is visiting with the Patriots. If we let him go to the Patriots I will be super pissed. A fifth round pick is not enough compensation for him in my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billsfaninptown wrote:
Mike Gillislee is visiting with the Patriots. If we let him go to the Patriots I will be super pissed. A fifth round pick is not enough compensation for him in my opinion.

I'd flip a table.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
Billsfaninptown wrote:

I'd flip a table.

Bills need to match whatever is needed to keep him. Period. Gillislee could start on any team in the league and McCoy is entering his 10th season. We have too many needs to blow a draft pick on some hit or miss rookie.

And I am getting really sick of the Patriots treating us like we are their minor league team used for nothing more than prepping their future starters. Time to stop playing games with these butt-munchers and serve them some serious notice...on the field and during the off-season!

Adopt a Bill:
I'd like to adopt myself as GM!
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way the pats sign gillislee they have minimal draft picks and they already have 4 rbs on the roster with a contract out for blount. This seems like to be full court press on blount and then check in with opponents players. Pats brought in a dolphins rfa rb as well

Thanks Max
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Hankins was on the market as long as he was and still got 3 yrs, 30 mil from the Colts. Impressive...

Last 'tier 1' guy to sign.

LeeEvans

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
Surprised Hankins was on the market as long as he was and still got 3 yrs, 30 mil from the Colts. Impressive...

Last 'tier 1' guy to sign.
Wow. I completely forgot he was still out there.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
Billsfaninptown

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
No way the pats sign gillislee they have minimal draft picks and they already have 4 rbs on the roster with a contract out for blount. This seems like to be full court press on blount and then check in with opponents players. Pats brought in a dolphins rfa rb as well

Well the Pats have extended an offer sheet to Gillislee. It's for 2 years 6.4 million. 4 million of it is front loaded to the first year. I really hate the Patriots.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billsfaninptown wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:

Well the Pats have extended an offer sheet to Gillislee. It's for 2 years 6.4 million. 4 million of it is front loaded to the first year. I really hate the Patriots.

We better [inappropriate/removed] match.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: