Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills Free Agency Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be extremely disappointed if we don't come away with a true #2 WR in the first two rounds. I love our depth at WR now but none of these signings sniff #2 on a good NFL team. I really hope our staff sees this..

If Sammy gets banged up again and we don't have a Corey Davis/Mike Williams/Zay Jones/etc. is anyone going to feel comfortable with Andre Holmes as our #1 and Philly Brown as #2? Nah Laughing

MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although you may have seen some of us talk less than favorably about Murray when he left, can't say any of the same things for Holmes. Great team player, really good ST guy, and can be a very capable #3 in the right situation.

Good fit for Tyrod because he can stretch the field, especially when you go 4 wide. I think you guys should still take a receiver in the draft, but its a good start for sure at the price.

Yo buddy quit trolling yeah.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
I'll be extremely disappointed if we don't come away with a true #2 WR in the first two rounds. I love our depth at WR now but none of these signings sniff #2 on a good NFL team. I really hope our staff sees this..

If Sammy gets banged up again and we don't have a Corey Davis/Mike Williams/Zay Jones/etc. is anyone going to feel comfortable with Andre Holmes as our #1 and Philly Brown as #2? Nah Laughing

A lot of thid assumes that Kolby Listenbee doesnt break out. Runs a 4.39 with a double hernia and he has size that looks like McDermott likes at 6'1. Can't forget about him. Hope he can have a Stevie Johnson type sophmore year impact. Another reciever would still solidify it but this signing gives us more flexability to maybe draft a OJ Howard im first or a CB

Adopt a Bill: Marcell Dareus and Richie Incognito
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:

A lot of thid assumes that Kolby Listenbee doesnt break out. Runs a 4.39 with a double hernia and he has size that looks like McDermott likes at 6'1. Can't forget about him. Hope he can have a Stevie Johnson type sophmore year impact. Another reciever would still solidify it but this signing gives us more flexability to maybe draft a OJ Howard im first or a CB

You're saying I should assume a 6th round pick in Listenbee can break out and be a #2? Laughing His skillset is to run deep routes like Goodwin. He has a small 6'0" frame too. I'd love for him to be a good player and make an impact but we can't go into the season thinking him or any of the guys currently on the roster will be a #2 WR.

I just think this class is insanely talented in both positions we need most and shouldn't pass up that talent at WR. I actually love the idea of taking OJ Howard at 10 btw. I think he can fill the receiving role of a #2 WR in this offense despite being a "TE". Definitely need to go S/CB in round 2 in that scenario and lucky for us, there should be a handful of good options at that point.

LeeEvans

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:

You're saying I should assume a 6th round pick in Listenbee can break out and be a #2? Laughing His skillset is to run deep routes like Goodwin. He has a small 6'0" frame too. I'd love for him to be a good player and make an impact but we can't go into the season thinking him or any of the guys currently on the roster will be a #2 WR.

I just think this class is insanely talented in both positions we need most and shouldn't pass up that talent at WR. I actually love the idea of taking OJ Howard at 10 btw. I think he can fill the receiving role of a #2 WR in this offense despite being a "TE". Definitely need to go S/CB in round 2 in that scenario and lucky for us, there should be a handful of good options at that point.
I can't imagine anyway that the FO doesn't see the need. Sammy is practically an "if" not someone to count on and I can't see how Whaley and McDermott wouldn't see that. Last season should have been a disaster with the injuries but we got really fortunate. I don't see anyway we don't go WR at 10 unless one of the safeties drop unexpectedly.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:

I can't imagine anyway that the FO doesn't see the need. Sammy is practically an "if" not someone to count on and I can't see how Whaley and McDermott wouldn't see that. Last season should have been a disaster with the injuries but we got really fortunate. I don't see anyway we don't go WR at 10 unless one of the safeties drop unexpectedly.

I hope so! That's all I'm getting at.

Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot about Listenbee...

Maybe in his 3rd year Dez Lewis can do something past OTA's? Think

In my ideal world as of right now we would trade back in the late teens or early twenties to pick up a 2nd, 4th and 7th this year and another 2nd next season.

Then go
1. LB Haasan Reddick
2. FS Budda Baker
2. WR Zones/Godwin
3.QB Nathan Peterman
4. OT Will Holdin
5. CB Nate Hairston
5.WR Chad Hansen
6. CB Brendan Langley
6. SS Xavier Woods
7. TE

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Draft Wish List:
*Trade Back*
1. Ryan Ramczyk: 2a: Zay Jones 2b: Chidobe Awuzie 3: Bucky Hodges 4: Brad Kaaya 5a: Nate Hairston 5b: Eliah Lee 6: Xavier Woods
joutman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Free Agency Reply with quote

I don't think your plan is very realistic. Could get a second by moving back that far. Maybe even a late round pick next yr but not an additional 4th. I really would hate to pass on OJ Howard if he is available.

I am concerned about our linebackers and.Cornerbacks. I was sad to hear that Sean Spence signed with the colts. I thought he would be a nice pick. I hope we make a run to get Zach Brown back.

If so a perfect draft for me would be

1. OJ Howard
2. Zay Jones
3. Desmond King
5. Chad Kelly
5. OT from South Carolina St. Forgot his name Leamon maybe
6. BPA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: FO Reply with quote

Do you think we are done going after any more free agents other than camp bodies? Who else should we target? Hankins, Zach Brown. And maybe Jairus Byrd seem to make sense.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: FO Reply with quote

Do you think we are done going after any more free agents other than camp bodies? Who else should we target? Hankins, Zach Brown. And maybe Jairus Byrd seem to make sense.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bills have 24 more roster spots to fill to reach 90 after the draft so I assume that they are still trying to fill the roster. Im sure they will try to get talent top to bottom whether it is a starter or camp body.

I think Brown and Hankins will be seeking alot of money and not sure if it will be worth it.

Thanks Max
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Free Agency Reply with quote

joutman wrote:
I don't think your plan is very realistic. Could get a second by moving back that far. Maybe even a late round pick next yr but not an additional 4th. I really would hate to pass on OJ Howard if he is available.

If Buffalo traded down to the 17-21 range and gave up their first 5th round choice, the draft value chart says they could get back the 1st that year, a 2nd and a 4th with a conditional pick the following year. If teams are desperate enough, say Tennessee wants Mike Williams to put them over the top they may sacrifice next years 2nd as well which on the trade value chart is a 3rd round pick.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Draft Wish List:
*Trade Back*
1. Ryan Ramczyk: 2a: Zay Jones 2b: Chidobe Awuzie 3: Bucky Hodges 4: Brad Kaaya 5a: Nate Hairston 5b: Eliah Lee 6: Xavier Woods
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We resigned Brandon Tate. Real happy about that. He was a good depth WR when we needed him and an excellent return man. Happy to have him back!
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
We resigned Brandon Tate. Real happy about that. He was a good depth WR when we needed him and an excellent return man. Happy to have him back!

Powell, Tate and Butler/Brown offer a nice 4-6 list of WR. The special teams contribution that these guys add is crucial.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Draft Wish List:
*Trade Back*
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
leeevans83d wrote:

Powell, Tate and Butler/Brown offer a nice 4-6 list of WR. The special teams contribution that these guys add is crucial.
Dont forget Holmes. We actually have solid depth in that WR3 spot and down.

I'm surprised it took so long to get Tate back but I'm glad he's back.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: