You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who would you prefer to keep?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeT14

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:

Sorry keep him and whoever he thinks should be the QB, I will take Bruce and Cousins.

Apparently that's Kirk and has been Kirk since 2015.

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
MikeT14

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Just kind of wondering who their source is, is it McCloughan? If it is then I have to question the accuracy because that's only one side of the story.

A lot of you are harping on the "sources". Well from what I've seen there's been one (maybe two?) source leaking that it was a drinking problem, everyone else is going to bat for McC. Sure, battle of the sources, but look at the anarchy in Washington since Dan took over the team. Isn't it possible, once again, the ringmaster at the top and his main crony are to blame? Again? Of course.

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who choose Bruce. Where are the players backing these sources saying SM was drinking at work? Where are those backing up reports he was drunk around players? If SM was the problem, why didn't Jackson, or Baker stay? Why won't great to good players come here this off season? They got rid of SM (the drunk GM) so everything should be OK now right?

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he was fired for being drunk on the job, then you don't have the whole "where is Scot"/"oh he's mourning his grandma" saga. You put out a press release that says you are terminating him for cause and that you hope he gets well.

Those backing Bruce, you have noticed that the team has not officially said he was fired for drinking, but those are all via unnamed sources. If he wasn't doing the job to your satisfaction, then publicly say so. The fact they haven't makes me think the drinking thing is just cover. Do I think he was drinking? Probably. Do I think it was impacting his job? Probably not.

One other point for the Bruce backers: when McCloughan was hired, they announced he would have full personnel control. If that is the case, why wasn't he able to hire his own guys for scouts?
lavar703

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
I know its open season on Bruce and hell I can't stand the guy but seriously you guys think its freaking jealousy that got Scottie fired? So what happen in SF? What happened in Seattle? Jealousy also? The dude is a drunk, he is on record saying yea I drink but it doesn't effect my work. Seriously would you hire or keep someone like that in your business?

There have been reports he has showed up drunk plenty of times in the locker room for example, you seriously think its ok for the GM to show up drunk among players? What kind of example does he set? Again if the Redskins were the first team to fire this guy because of an alleged drinking problem I can understand the skepticism, our front office is a mess to begin with. But there is major history here with this guy.

Sorry keep him and whoever he thinks should be the QB, I will take Bruce and Cousins.

Lmao shocker
Sassan11

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand the poll choices. SM wanted Kirk and Bruce Allen didn't. So why are we choosing Kirk and Allen and SM and someone else?

Also another report just came out saying Cousins won't resign with the Redskins as long as Allen is here.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassan11 wrote:
I don't understand the poll choices. SM wanted Kirk and Bruce Allen didn't. So why are we choosing Kirk and Allen and SM and someone else?

Also another report just came out saying Cousins won't resign with the Redskins as long as Allen is here.
I made the poll before all that information was available. We all assumed that Scot didn't want Kirk, it was apparently the opposite.

MODS

Is it possible for you guys to delete the poll in this thread?

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Woz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Sassan11 wrote:

I made the poll before all that information was available. We all assumed that Scot didn't want Kirk, it was apparently the opposite.

MODS

Just tried to remove it and the poll is still there. I think that once the poll has votes applied to it, it cannot be removed. I might be able to lock the poll (but I wouldn't know if it that worked or not because I've already voted)?

Realistically, if you want the poll gone, I would have to delete the entire thread, which I can do if you really want it toasted.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Sassan11 wrote:

MODS

Just tried to remove it and the poll is still there. I think that once the poll has votes applied to it, it cannot be removed. I might be able to lock the poll (but I wouldn't know if it that worked or not because I've already voted)?

Realistically, if you want the poll gone, I would have to delete the entire thread, which I can do if you really want it toasted.
Just lock it or delete it we have like 10 threads going on the same topic.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Sassan11 wrote:

MODS

Just deleted it. I have Super Mod powers

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
Woz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Woz wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Sassan11 wrote:

MODS

Just deleted it. I have Super Mod powers

*mutter* *grumble*

I suspect I missed a meeting or two in Mod training ...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: