Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who would you prefer to keep?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Who would you prefer to keep? Reply with quote

If the power struggle really is over the Kirk Cousins contract (I'm not sure it is), but hypothetically let's say you could either have Bruce Allen and his staff with Cousins on a long term deal, or McCloughan with Cousins gone (assume he's traded for draft picks). Which would you prefer to keep?

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I want us to get Kirk on a LTD, I would choose Scot. A good GM will last a lot longer than a QB and have a much larger effect.

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
As much as I want us to get Kirk on a LTD, I would choose Scot. A good GM will last a lot longer than a QB and have a much larger effect.
Ya I struggled with myself on how I would answer this as I wrote the post. I think I agree with you.

mar29020

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirk and allen. You all act like snyder should babysit MCC for being a drunk be he is a grown [inappropriate/removed] man. its his fault not the redskins
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mar29020 wrote:
kirk and allen. You all act like snyder should babysit MCC for being a drunk be he is a grown [inappropriate/removed] man. its his fault not the redskins
We don't know why McCloughan is being pushed out. Drinking is a possibility but it's all speculation. None of that all of a sudden makes Bruce Allen a good GM either.

SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCloughan for me. That guy just gets it. I'm beyond angry on how badly we botched this.

mike23md on the sig!

Adopt a Redskin:
WR Jamison Crowder
S Duke Ihenacho
DE Ricky Jean-Francois
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mar29020 wrote:

mar - literally the LAST time I'll give you an unofficial.

Same for everyone else.

You guys KNOW what words can be said here. And which ones can't.

Stop it.

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
redskins4life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great poll!
MikeT14

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mar29020 wrote:

And then you can likely watch Bruce run Kirk's career into the ground.

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCloughan and the picks. Meaning I care about the franchise's success 5-10-15 years down the road just as much as I do now. Scot was leading us down the path of sustained success over the long term. Allen will lead us down the path of mediocrity - Kirk or no Kirk.
ripsean21

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is easy for me it's Scot!!!! Yes last year wasn't immediate results but not all draft classes can or will be! But Crowder and Scherff were voted to the pro bowl!!! If Josh and Su'a live up to the players they very easily can be that's 2 more. I'm trust Scot I don't trust the rest that simple.

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
Adopt a Redskin D Jax!!
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the reason Scot has not been involved over the past month is solely a power play by Bruce Allen, then kick Bruce's tail to the curb, get what you can get for Kirk, and give the guy who knows how to evaluate football talent the job without limitations.

However, I worry that it isn't just a power play. A guy of his caliber would not have been available to us if things were hunky-dory. Heck, he'd likely still be employed by Seattle or a GM of better organized franchise than us.

In the end, I'd go with McCloughan plus another QB because we have more things to fix on this team than just one position. I don't trust Bruce to know how to find players to fit the defense. Or offense. Or special teams.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
If the reason Scot has not been involved over the past month is solely a power play by Bruce Allen, then kick Bruce's tail to the curb, get what you can get for Kirk, and give the guy who knows how to evaluate football talent the job without limitations.

However, I worry that it isn't just a power play. A guy of his caliber would not have been available to us if things were hunky-dory. Heck, he'd likely still be employed by Seattle or a GM of better organized franchise than us.

In the end, I'd go with McCloughan plus another QB because we have more things to fix on this team than just one position. I don't trust Bruce to know how to find players to fit the defense. Or offense. Or special teams.

His past could be used against him in a power move by Bruce Allen right now. We don't know why SM isn't here with the team. Until it's a actual fact his drinking is the reason he's not with us any longer, I'm calling this a power move by his boss Bruce Allen. Now its up to Danny to pick what's best for the franchise not just people who are his friends.

Even if SM is drinking, haven't these two season with him here been better than what we've seen over the last 10 years? We weren't looked at as a laughing stock or a joke team. A team was actually being built the right way and each year has been improving.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Woz wrote:

His past could be used against him in a power move by Bruce Allen right now. We don't know why SM isn't here with the team. Until it's a actual fact his drinking is the reason he's not with us any longer, I'm calling this a power move by his boss Bruce Allen. Now its up to Danny to pick what's best for the franchise not just people who are his friends.

Even if SM is drinking, haven't these two season with him here been better than what we've seen over the last 10 years? We weren't looked at as a laughing stock or a joke team. A team was actually being built the right way and each year has been improving.
Ya this worries me too. I don't think Snyder is thinking about this anymore, pretty clear McCloughan is out and Allen is in.

Look at the results of this poll. That is how popular McCloughan is with our fanbase, because he represents hope, and a change from the nonsense this organization has done in the past. The best way to remove McCloughan if its a power play is to drag his reputation through the mud in the press.

21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Woz wrote:

Ya this worries me too. I don't think Snyder is thinking about this anymore, pretty clear McCloughan is out and Allen is in.

Look at the results of this poll. That is how popular McCloughan is with our fanbase, because he represents hope, and a change from the nonsense this organization has done in the past. The best way to remove McCloughan if its a power play is to drag his reputation through the mud in the press.

Than that would just show the stupidity of the owner. Sydner has to know the truth do though. To just have these questions unanswered at this time is just ridiculous. He as the owner needs to step up and say something.

Look at how much Jerry has talked about Romo this offseason. Synder may be taking a step back when he really needs to step in. This isn't just a football decision, business as far as losing fans is at stack. You cant lose both Cousins and SM in the same offseasion and not have a good reason.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: