Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings Offseason Tracker + Discussion (Roster Info, Pg 1.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeithVikings28 wrote:
What about bringing in Manti Te'o on a cheap deal?

Would they take him on a "catfishing" trip?

Thx to Lil Uno!
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
KeithVikings28 wrote:
What about bringing in Manti Te'o on a cheap deal?

To back up Kendricks?

Everyone is listing players who are inside linebackers, not outside.
They won't be moving Kendricks to outside. We have seen he isn't exactly the best coverage LB's. Just because he has a few picks doesn't mean he is good. We have seen him beat my TE's and other RB's.

I think he could backup Kendricks and play a little outside. He'd e a good depth pick to try to replace Audie Cole.
Purplexing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the sky still falling?

Or did Spielman prop it up with a few I-beams?

Eight draft picks and about 6 significant holes to fill...

OG, LB, DT, TE, WR/KR, CB/KR.

This is before a decision on TE Cook occurs.

OK; raise your hand if you thought this FA period was going to be a disaster.

Wink
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purplexing wrote:

Wink

Oh, is it not now? With how people were acting after 48 hours I thought the team had actually folded

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
If Corey Davis is there, you'd have a hard time talking me out of wanting to draft him... even with the other needs.

If Corey Davis is there you absolutely have to take him and don't even try to think twice about it. I'm not sure he makes it out of the top 20 let alone the 1st round altogether though.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boda wrote:
JDBrocks wrote:
If Corey Davis is there, you'd have a hard time talking me out of wanting to draft him... even with the other needs.

If Corey Davis is there you absolutely have to take him and don't even try to think twice about it. I'm not sure he makes it out of the top 20 let alone the 1st round altogether though.

At that point there is probably a reason why he's falling. Doesn't make sense to use our top pick on a WR given the investment. It especially doesn't make sense on a prospect who falls to mid round two meaning multiple teams have already passed twice.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to get a receiver and LB signed before the draft to fill out some of the depth question marks. That receiver could really be a WR or TE.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
Purplexing wrote:

Wink

Oh, is it not now? With how people were acting after 48 hours I thought the team had actually folded

If by folded, you mean not blindly supporting every move (or non-move FO makes) ... then I agree.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
I'd like to get a receiver and LB signed before the draft to fill out some of the depth question marks. That receiver could really be a WR or TE.

I don't know why MIN didn't reach out of Z. Brown for coverage LB help. He is likely worth more to this team them Murray + Jones, in my opinion.

We're likely drafting a RB of the future this year, and that RB could come in and start since its a low learning curve for RBs compared to other positions.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

I don't know why MIN didn't reach out of Z. Brown for coverage LB help. He is likely worth more to this team them Murray + Jones, in my opinion.

We're likely drafting a RB of the future this year, and that RB could come in and start since its a low learning curve for RBs compared to other positions.

I don't believe he has signed yet.

"My purpose will not be denied."
- Teddy Bridgewater 9/1/16
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeManDan wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

I don't believe he has signed yet.

He has not yet, but there has been no indication that he is coming in for a visit. Last known, is visiting the Raiders.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really think a linebacker who'd see 25% of the defensive snaps is worth more than a starting running back and rotational defensive lineman, where if history tells us anything, will see between 40%-50% of the snaps?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
You really think a linebacker who'd see 25% of the defensive snaps is worth more than a starting running back and rotational defensive lineman, where if history tells us anything, will see between 40%-50% of the snaps?

Just because our previous bad 3rd LB saw a low snap count, doesn't mean an actually good LB that fits our needs would see an equal snap count.

Practically all snaps given to Murray could have been given to a RB rookie (deep RB class). Jones will see some snaps, but the lion's share is going to Griffen/Hunter/Robison.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
SemperFeist wrote:

Just because our previous bad 3rd LB saw a low snap count, doesn't mean an actually good LB that fits our needs would see an equal snap count.

Practically all snaps given to Murray could have been given to a RB rookie (deep RB class). Jones will see some snaps, but the lion's share is going to Griffen/Hunter/Robison.

I'm sure if our defensively minded Head Coach thought that much of him, or thought he'd add that much to the defense he's devised, we would have brought him in for a visit.

“Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.”
solidvikingfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
SemperFeist wrote:

There is more then enough history between the Bengal and Viking years to judge that it is not important to a Zimmer defense to put much investment in that third LB.

You do remember that we had two RBs that became free agents Peterson and Asiata even in a deep class we weren't going use two draft picks on RBs.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 98 of 100

Jump to: