Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Keep/Cut/Restructure
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaBoys

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
I wish the team would swallow their pride and cut Crawford. 10.4 cap hit for an average at best DL, who is okay at every position but great at none. 7M if we cut him? I really don't feel like our DL get's that much worse without him. Mayowa led our team in sacks last year with 6 at RDE, Irving flashed potential at LDE and we still have Lawrence and Tapper, Collins has the 3T and Thornton has the 1. Crawford needs to be cut. It's not really his fault. He hasn't been bad, but with that cap number he has to go.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=582463&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Collins went on to have 5 sacks after that thread. I would rather go with him. And like I said in the paragraph you quoted, it's not really Crawford's fault he has a $10+M cap hit. He hasn't been bad. He was 16th in the NFL in hurries. On a team that lacked pressure, he was the only DL to bring some consistently. If he, were a $4M cap hit it we wouldn't have an issue. But even then, I believe Collins is better. Not to mention cheaper. Time to cut him, if he won't take a pay cut.

Adopt a Cowboy: X Dez Bryant X ~ 50 Rec ~ 796 Yds ~ 8 TDs ~ 15.9 YPC ~ 1 Passing TD ~ 4 games missed
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Action Jackson wrote:
Is there no way we re-sign T.McClain? Imo he was a huge part of the teams success last year. I say cut Crawford and use the savings there to keep McClain and one of Mo/Carr

Beware of guys having their best season in a contract year...(i.e. Crawford)
matt79511

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Action Jackson wrote:
Is there no way we re-sign T.McClain? Imo he was a huge part of the teams success last year. I say cut Crawford and use the savings there to keep McClain and one of Mo/Carr

That's not how post-June 1 cuts work. Dallas can't create any immediate cap room by cutting Crawford and there's still a big bill for him in '18. In a vacuum, yeah I'd make that trade, but there's no way to do it without sacrificing depth and/or can-kicking. Better off seeing what Crawford can do as the longest tenured DL in a make-or-break year for him than to cut your losses on a guy who still might have things to offer and double down on your investment in players who's health/performance have let you down before just because they had a nice 2016 year.

Adopt-a-Cowboy 2016: Sean Lee- 145 tackles (93 solo, 52 assisted), 1 PD, 1 FR, 13 TFLs, 977/982 defensive snaps played excluding the meaningless Week 17 game against the last place Eagles
matt79511

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Action Jackson wrote:

Beware of guys having their best season in a contract year...(i.e. Crawford)

Not what happened in this case, since he was re-signed the summer before his contract year. Just an overrating/misevaluation of own talent

Adopt-a-Cowboy 2016: Sean Lee- 145 tackles (93 solo, 52 assisted), 1 PD, 1 FR, 13 TFLs, 977/982 defensive snaps played excluding the meaningless Week 17 game against the last place Eagles
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently we already restructured Lee.

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: