Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2016 News & Info™ IV - Schedule Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 93, 94, 95  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nlesthought

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
nlesthought wrote:
Fitz2k2 wrote:
nlesthought wrote:
Not sure if that was a joke, why would they (SEA) need a safety? Why would we trade for a CB toward the end of his prime?

By the time Wentz and co is ready to make a push he'll be done.

Maybe organization is tired of him or they found someone else to replace sherman spot or he fell out with the coach.

I understand why they might trade him, I'm asking why would we offer a safety? They have the best safety tandem in the league.

Think that was a joke in reference to the rumored offer we made for Brandon Cooks.

Oh.

D-Lo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, mo claiborne signed with the jets for 1 year 5 million. Really wished we would have attempted to sign him instead of Foles and had just kept Daniel. I hope they didnt turn down trade offers for Daniel to appease him and allow him.to choose a team. It just dowant make sense to pay so much at the backup qb in light of our cornerback issues. Barring a trade I dont see how the eagles leave the draft with out at least 2 cbs in the first 4 rounds. I dont think its wise to be in a situation where you are essentially forced to pick a certain position at least twice in the draft.
FlyEaglesFly193

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-Lo wrote:
So, mo claiborne signed with the jets for 1 year 5 million. Really wished we would have attempted to sign him instead of Foles and had just kept Daniel. I hope they didnt turn down trade offers for Daniel to appease him and allow him.to choose a team. It just dowant make sense to pay so much at the backup qb in light of our cornerback issues. Barring a trade I dont see how the eagles leave the draft with out at least 2 cbs in the first 4 rounds. I dont think its wise to be in a situation where you are essentially forced to pick a certain position at least twice in the draft.

I agree it sucks I personally think they are high Mills and don't mind having Jenkins play NB.. I think they add another CB in the first or 2nd.. With the other get another playmaker for Wentz if we get McCaffery, Sproles could be traded. Then with the mid rounds we take LB, DL, OL then take a risk on a player Jones or Lewis if they fall that far or someone to develope.
Nabbs4u

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Claiborne sucks. Last season was the first season IMO he's ever shown any promise. It's more of the exception IMO then the norm to come. The fact a team as desperate as the Cowboys are for secondary help didn't want him back, tells me all I need to know. Waste of money. Thank God he's a Jet.

Bird Watch: TE Zach Ertz: 14Gm/ 106Tgt //78 Rec//812 Yds//4 TD//10.5 Y/R
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Claiborne sucks. Last season was the first season IMO he's ever shown any promise. It's more of the exception IMO then the norm to come. The fact a team as desperate as the Cowboys are for secondary help didn't want him back, tells me all I need to know. Waste of money. Thank God he's a Jet.

This! Claiborne is such a Jets pickup.

Sterling Moore is still available. I'd like to see him.as a low key pickup who can start as young players develop.

Devin Taylor too. He'd be a nice rotational DE. Cut low snap Jason and get those 2 guys in before the draft.

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:

He also missed half the season

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:

I was just kind of using him as an example of a contract we could of afforded. I dont think Claiborne had that bad of a year last year but he was just an example. Moore would be ok with me but the eagles havent made it a priority to sign a vet cb. Regardless, the point i was trying to make was about the alloacation of our cap space. I understand the importance for Wentz to have a good backup familiar with the system to help Wentz progression but i feel we invested to much cap space there.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Claiborne was really good last year when he was healthy, but you can't trust him to be healthy. I wouldn't have minded if we signed him to a cheapish 1 year deal though.
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas didn't want him and he signed a lolzy contract with the Jets, meaning demand was low. Says it all.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A tally of the Eagles' drops in 2016
Quote:
For some reason, as heavily as the NFL is covered from a statistical metric standpoint, there are no reliable sources for drops. If you google "NFL drops" or something similar, chances are you'll find a site called "Sporting Charts." Please note that their drop totals are useless. For example, a season ago, they had Jordan Matthews down for five drops in 2015. This video shows that Matthews had somewhere around double that total. Many wrongfully cite their numbers, although I wouldn't blame them, as you tend to just trust stats when you see them.

While drops are certainly subjective to some degree, the following is a more accurate representation of the number of drops by each Eagles player in 2016. We'll order them by number of drops, but the column to the far right shows the total drop percentage of what we'll refer to as "reasonably catchable passes," or drops / (drops plus catches). To be clear, that's not total targets, which I believe are a bad measure of drop percentage, seeing as the receiver often has no chance of catching some of those targets. Got it? OK good:

Ertz Shocked
BLick12

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
A tally of the Eagles' drops in 2016
Quote:
For some reason, as heavily as the NFL is covered from a statistical metric standpoint, there are no reliable sources for drops. If you google "NFL drops" or something similar, chances are you'll find a site called "Sporting Charts." Please note that their drop totals are useless. For example, a season ago, they had Jordan Matthews down for five drops in 2015. This video shows that Matthews had somewhere around double that total. Many wrongfully cite their numbers, although I wouldn't blame them, as you tend to just trust stats when you see them.

While drops are certainly subjective to some degree, the following is a more accurate representation of the number of drops by each Eagles player in 2016. We'll order them by number of drops, but the column to the far right shows the total drop percentage of what we'll refer to as "reasonably catchable passes," or drops / (drops plus catches). To be clear, that's not total targets, which I believe are a bad measure of drop percentage, seeing as the receiver often has no chance of catching some of those targets. Got it? OK good:

Ertz Shocked

Good god almighty, DGB.

Bird Watch: Nolan Carroll
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DGB Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even know how to interpret that. Outside of the obvious "OMG DGB" and "Wow Ertz" what is an "acceptable drop rate"? Personally I only really care about the sample sizes from Sproles up+Ertz, Where do these players rank in the league?

^^Kilty on the sig

ninja wrote:
This is the eagles we are talking about here. This will all blow up in our faces not work.

Source: experience.
BLick12

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
I don't even know how to interpret that. Outside of the obvious "OMG DGB" and "Wow Ertz" what is an "acceptable drop rate"? Personally I only really care about the sample sizes from Sproles up+Ertz, Where do these players rank in the league?

IIRC average drop rate for the league is like 6-8%.

Bird Watch: Nolan Carroll
Phire

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll tell you there's no way in hell 25% drop rate is anything close to normal or acceptable. No research needed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Page 50 of 95

Jump to: