You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2016 News & Info™ IV - Schedule Released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlyEaglesFly193

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
Jlash wrote:
Roto saying Hankins is still unsigned because he refuses to sign a 1 year deal like Bennie did.

I don't blame him. He's a productive soon to be 25 year old player.

Elite run-stopper indeed but he's not going to get the years/money he wants if he can't rush the passer. It might not sound fair but it is what it is.

Brandon Williams and Snacks Harrison beg to differ.

Far superior run stopping ability considered elite Hankins and Logan are run stoppers but not the same caliber but I would never pay a player 10mil a year for a 2 down player.
Art_Vandalay

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
Jlash wrote:
Roto saying Hankins is still unsigned because he refuses to sign a 1 year deal like Bennie did.

I don't blame him. He's a productive soon to be 25 year old player.

Elite run-stopper indeed but he's not going to get the years/money he wants if he can't rush the passer. It might not sound fair but it is what it is.

Brandon Williams and Snacks Harrison beg to differ.

Touche`

But that's really the only thing I can think of as to why he's not getting paid. Maybe the demand for a 4-3 run stopper isn't there right now and maybe teams have reservations about his effectivness as a 3-4 NT? Maybe they think his success was due in large part to the other linemen surrounding him? Idk.

Bird Watch: DE Vinny Curry - Last seen robbing Philly of $47 mil
nlesthought

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
There's still a few guys I'm surprised are there.

TJ McDonald. He got a DUI in January but he's 26 and a solid safety. Lots of teams have bad safeties in this league.

Gerald Hodges. I followed this kid since he broke my heart de-committing from Rutgers years ago to head to PSU. He proved in SF he's a productive player and he's young too.

DeAndre Levy. He's been beat up the past 2 years but with all these 1 year deals flying around I'm surprised he hasn't gotten one.

I thought Hodges played well in relief in MN a couple seasons ago, however I didn't hear anything about his time in SF. maybe he's not a fit for a 3-4. I could see him as a ST/WLB
Jlash

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="FlyEaglesFly193"Far superior run stopping ability considered elite Hankins and Logan are run stoppers but not the same caliber but I would never pay a player 10mil a year for a 2 down player.[/quote]

He's 3 years younger, the stats have shown the GMen run D was markedly better with him in, and he's not asking for 10 mil/year. He's looking at 8-9 like Bennie, but doesn't want to play on 1 year deals, understandably.

Last edited by Jlash on Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Jlash

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:

I thought Hodges played well in relief in MN a couple seasons ago, however I didn't hear anything about his time in SF. maybe he's not a fit for a 3-4. I could see him as a ST/WLB

The Niners were so bad last year I don't know if anyone heard anything about them last year, but Roto had this to say last week:

Quote:
Profootballtalk.com reports free agent ILB Gerald Hodges is visiting the Chiefs.
The 49ers' best run defender last season, Hodges is a potential value signing and a smart target for the Chiefs, who are dealing with an Achilles' injury to aging ILB Derrick Johnson. Hodges turned 26 two months ago
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleDeegle wrote:
Peters is likely gone next year, which saves 10.25 mil, Kelce saves 6 mil, Celek saves 4, Torrey Smith saves 5, Kendricks saves 4.4, Curry saves 5, Ron Brooks saves 2.15, DGB saves 1.2... That's 35+

If Kelce and/or Kendricks get traded this year that creates even more 2018 savings because their dead money hit would be taken this year, not in 2018.

Also you forgot Nelson Agholor on that list Pray

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
Jlash

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
[quote="FlyEaglesFly193"Far superior run stopping ability considered elite Hankins and Logan are run stoppers but not the same caliber but I would never pay a player 10mil a year for a 2 down player.

He's 3 years younger, the stats have shown the GMen run D was markedly better with him in, and he's not asking for 10 mil/year. He's looking at 8-9 like Bennie, but doesn't want to play on 1 year deals, understandably.[/quote]

And now, despite the earlier report, Roto makes me feel dumb by reporting Hankins is seeking more than 10 million/year.

Makes much more sense why he is still unemployed now.
Fitz2k2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2698444-richard-sherman-trade-rumors-seahawks-reportedly-open-to-dealing-star-cb
Bruh!!!!! What are seahawks doing?
EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitz2k2 wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2698444-richard-sherman-trade-rumors-seahawks-reportedly-open-to-dealing-star-cb

Howie needs to call up now and offer Malcolm Jenkins, a 3rd and a 4th Laughing
FlyEaglesFly193

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleDeegle wrote:
Fitz2k2 wrote:

Howie needs to call up now and offer Malcolm Jenkins, a 3rd and a 4th Laughing

And then pray Hooker or Adams fall to us.. Really big Hooker fan never seen a player with those instincts but that will never happen and I would be surprised if they traded Shurman but would love to have him then King in the 2nd.
EagleBlueDon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot about CB Deshawn Shead being non-tendered by SEA. I'd love to bring him aboard. He's still recovering from an ACL injury, but played well when called upon to start. Should be all over him.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if that was a joke, why would they (SEA) need a safety? Why would we trade for a CB toward the end of his prime?

By the time Wentz and co is ready to make a push he'll be done.
Fitz2k2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
Not sure if that was a joke, why would they (SEA) need a safety? Why would we trade for a CB toward the end of his prime?

Maybe organization is tired of him or they found someone else to replace sherman spot or he fell out with the coach.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitz2k2 wrote:
nlesthought wrote:

Maybe organization is tired of him or they found someone else to replace sherman spot or he fell out with the coach.

I understand why they might trade him, I'm asking why would we offer a safety? They have the best safety tandem in the league.
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
Fitz2k2 wrote:
nlesthought wrote:

I understand why they might trade him, I'm asking why would we offer a safety? They have the best safety tandem in the league.

Think that was a joke in reference to the rumored offer we made for Brandon Cooks.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 49 of 99

Jump to: