Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2016 News & Info™ IV - Schedule Released
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: 2016 News & Info™ IV - Schedule Released Reply with quote

Quote:
Charles Robinson‏ @CharlesRobinson
Hearing #Titans may now be the front runner to trade for #Saints WR Brandin Cooks.
Jlash

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*shocked face*

The Titans have more ammo.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The titans are also a year further into their rebuild and with the free first round pick might as well use it on cooks.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it interesting that this much information is leaking about this one trade. I feel like the Saints are trying to drive up the price with all of this information coming out. It'll be interesting to see how this all comes to a conclusion.

Also, I didn't realize it was still 2016 Laughing I doubt many of us want to relive that season

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you guys pick him up before the idiots in our FO decide to sign him.

Quote:
ESPN's Tim McManus reports the Eagles are interested in free agent Kenny Britt.

McManus' report is via "league sources." Per McManus, Britt is "tight" with new Eagles WRs coach Mike Groh, who had the same position in Los Angeles last season. The Eagles are absolutely desperate for receiver help, and Britt won't command a top-tier salary. He would be a smart addition.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Quote:

McManus' report is via "league sources." Per McManus, Britt is "tight" with new Eagles WRs coach Mike Groh, who had the same position in Los Angeles last season. The Eagles are absolutely desperate for receiver help, and Britt won't command a top-tier salary. He would be a smart addition.

Can you really sign anyone with your gm missing?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Quote:

Can you really sign anyone with your gm missing?

Our GM has two bosses. The immediate boss (Allen) will be doing the wooing and the signing. The cap guru (Schafer) will be signing the contracts. Snyder will be fueling the jet, getting it ready in case another Josh Norman situation comes up. This is pretty much how it's been for a while now. SM's main focus has been the draft and having input on who we sign in FA.
Nabbs4u

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but listening to you guys talk about Matthews eerily reminds me of how everyone bad mouthed Jeremy Maclin. How he too wasn't special. Couldn't get a 1000 yds. Wasn't fast. Was OK but would never be a #1. Easily replaceable. Now here we are and you guys are repeating the cycle again.

You Can't have five #1 WR on a roster. What you can and should want to have is compliments already in place that have a work ethic and attitude to "get better" "strive to be the best" so that IF/WHEN you actually do luck out and find the next Julio or AB he's not a one man show.

Jordan has had two different offenses and what 3-4 different QB leading the way? One of which was a Rookie last season. So instead of allowing him to Grow with a QB he seems to have chemistry with and see where that goes, let's Dump him too because the rest of the WR "core" is also trash? Give me a break. Your guys obsession with a #1 and the expectations of any and all WR drafted by the Eagles are absurd. Always have been. That's why when players like Maclin finally leave or Desean is cut it's only then you realize Holy Smith, maybe they weren't that bad to begin with. Not true #1 but WR who can move the chains and Win us game. You build around the Trio of Wentz, Ertz and Mathews In hopes you find the next Westbrook/TO!!! So that when you finally make your SB run you're not trotting out trash for Carson Wentz like LJ Smith, Todd Pinkston, Billy McMullin, Greg Lewis and Freddy Mitchell around those TWO and expecting a miracle!

Sorry, Give me another year with Wentz "a True FQB" before I discard Jordan Matthews as a scrub easily replaced. We have 8 other WR on the roster that applies too.

Bird Watch: TE Zach Ertz: 14Gm/ 106Tgt //78 Rec//812 Yds//4 TD//10.5 Y/R
Jlash

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Sorry but listening to you guys talk about Matthews eerily reminds me of how everyone bad mouthed Jeremy Maclin. How he too wasn't special. Couldn't get a 1000 yds. Wasn't fast. Was OK but would never be a #1. Easily replaceable. Now here we are and you guys are repeating the cycle again.

You Can't have five #1 WR on a roster. What you can and should want to have is compliments already in place that have a work ethic and attitude to "get better" "strive to be the best" so that IF/WHEN you actually do luck out and find the next Julio or AB he's not a one man show.

Jordan has had two different offenses and what 3-4 different QB leading the way? One of which was a Rookie last season. So instead of allowing him to Grow with a QB he seems to have chemistry with and see where that goes, let's Dump him too because the rest of the WR "core" is also trash? Give me a break. Your guys obsession with a #1 and the expectations of any and all WR drafted by the Eagles are absurd. Always have been. That's why when players like Maclin finally leave or Desean is cut it's only then you realize Holy Smith, maybe they weren't that bad to begin with. Not true #1 but WR who can move the chains and Win us game. You build around the Trio of Wentz, Ertz and Mathews In hopes you find the next Westbrook/TO!!! So that when you finally make your SB run you're not trotting out trash for Carson Wentz like LJ Smith, Todd Pinkston, Billy McMullin, Greg Lewis and Freddy Mitchell around those TWO and expecting a miracle!

Sorry, Give me another year with Wentz before I discard Jordan Matthews as a scrub easily replaced. We have 8 other WR on the roster that applies too.

You're right, but we don't have a single one.

Until Maclin's last season, the criticism of "he can't break 1000 yards" was pretty legit. He had a bust out year and cashed in during FA.

Also, how many people are calling him a scrub? Most people are saying he's a good complimentary piece, just not a star.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:

Sorry, Give me another year with Wentz before I discard Jordan Matthews as a scrub easily replaced. We have 8 other WR on the roster that applies too.

You're right, but we don't have a single one.

Until Maclin's last season, the criticism of "he can't break 1000 yards" was pretty legit. He had a bust out year and cashed in during FA.

Also, how many people are calling him a scrub? Most people are saying he's a good complimentary piece, just not a star.
This. Nobody wants to get rid of J-Matt.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Quote:

Benjamin Allbright‏Verified account @AllbrightNFL
The #Eagles have been connected with just about every WR out there this offseason. Kenny Britt report is legit, though.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Quote:

Benjamin Allbright‏Verified account @AllbrightNFL
The #Eagles have been connected with just about every WR out there this offseason. Kenny Britt report is legit, though.

yeah we have the receiver coach he just had his best year under. It make sense for both parties to have some level of mutual interest.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Nabbs4u

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:

That's kinda my point though. Who's to say his break out year can't be in year Two with Carson Wentz? People need to realize the Crap we have had trotting out there at QB the past decade almost throwing to these WR. If Wentz truly is Legit a FQB, he makes Jordan Matthews better plain and simple. Now make him into the next Julio, Hell no! However every #1 needs a #2 compliment. If not that how you waste 5 years worth of players like Julio, Green, Dez and Hopkins. Hell last year's Falcons team is a prime example of needing "those surrounding pieces" around Julio to advance.

Those suggesting Matthews is a dime a dozen, easily replaceable, nothing special are basing saying he's a scrub. I don't see Matthews as easily replaceable. Not when he seems to be Carson Wentz favorite target, good friend and for "now" Go to WR. You don't take that away from a young 2nd year QB, You attempt to add to it. That's all I'm getting at.

ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Jlash wrote:

That's kinda my point though. Who's to say his break out year can't be in year Two with Carson Wentz? People need to realize the Crap we have had trotting out there at QB the past decade almost throwing to these WR. If Wentz truly is Legit a FQB, he makes Jordan Matthews better plain and simple. Now make him into the next Julio, Hell no! However every #1 needs a #2 compliment. If not that how you waste 5 years worth of players like Julio, Green, Dez and Hopkins. Hell last year's Falcons team is a prime example of needing "those surrounding pieces" around Julio to advance.

Those suggesting Matthews is a dime a dozen, easily replaceable, nothing special are basing saying he's a scrub. I don't see Matthews as easily replaceable. Not when he seems to be Carson Wentz favorite target, good friend and for "now" Go to WR. You don't take that away from a young 2nd year QB, You attempt to add to it. That's all I'm getting at.

I think part of the reason the eagles would be ok with trading matthews not because they dont think he's a solid player just that he probably isn't in the teams long term plans so getting the pick for him this year is better than letting him walk for nothing next.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Jlash wrote:

I think part of the reason the eagles would be ok with trading matthews not because they dont think he's a solid player just that he probably isn't in the teams long term plans so getting the pick for him this year is better than letting him walk for nothing next.

Why not long term though? Who on this offense besides Wentz and Lane are they building around if not Ertz and Matthews? I'm in no way suggesting you pay Jordan 15+M as a FA unless he goes absolutely ham in 2017 but you have to start somewhere. Anyone really going to suggest JM couldn't be a viable #2 is say we drafted Davis / Williams or signed AS and they miraculously turned into legit #1's? God forbid found our next Westbrook/Shady in the draft? The Eagles have been playing with a 1/2 a deck for years. I'd like to start adding more cards in hopes of finding a full 52, then finding ways of losing yet another. That's all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82  Next
Page 1 of 82

Jump to: