Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Combine Thread v2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Counselor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
hows obis film look like my ff scout brehs?

Fast and consistent is the best way to describe his video.

And lacking the physicality to play LB but to be fair if Zach Cunningham can play LBer he should be able to also.

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counselor wrote:
And lacking the physicality to play LB but to be fair if Zach Cunningham can play LBer he should be able to also.

Zach Cunningham sheds blocks and attacks offensive lineman as good as any player in this draft. Big part of playing linebacker in the NFL.
Counselor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not impressed by him at all

48 1/2ers wrote:

Counselor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian Allen is going to be a Seahawk. How can he not? That size formed WR turned into CB with those measurables and that three cone...

48 1/2ers wrote:

daineraider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counselor wrote:
Brian Allen is going to be a Seahawk. How can he not? That size formed WR turned into CB with those measurables and that three cone...

He helped himself a lot today. He wasn't that good this season and got beat regularly, but at his side with those #s he will go earlier than he should.

Joe_is_the_best at making sigs
Counselor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
Counselor wrote:

He helped himself a lot today. He wasn't that good this season and got beat regularly, but at his side with those #s he will go earlier than he should.

I've only seen flashes of him watching Marcus Williams. So no clue about his overall play he just fits the Sherman Profile

48 1/2ers wrote:

VanS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epyon wrote:
Regarding Obi Melifonwu.... I think it would be a mistake to merely cast him as a SS.. It may be his best overall position, however he's got the speed and coverage potential to really be anywhere in the defensive backfield.

That being said, Tyus Bowser is a name I'm trying to dig a little deeper on, looking at some of the combine results.... Specifically, does anyone have a 10 yard split for his 40 time? That's the only number missing from being able to plug in his WALDO numbers.... Considering he was a combine top performer in the 40, Vert, Broad Jump, AND 3 cone, I'd say a case could be made about his potential off the edge at the next level as a pretty highly underrated prospect.

I liked Bowser a lot before the combine based on his tape and his performance at the senior bowl. However, I thought he was more of a second round value as an edge rusher. But after his combine performance I might have to bump him up into the first round value ahead of a guy like Charles Harris who disappointed.

I believe Tyus Bowser will be a steal for whoever drafts him in day 2. He can be a really good edge rusher in a 3-4 scheme.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
Counselor wrote:

Zach Cunningham sheds blocks and attacks offensive lineman as good as any player in this draft. Big part of playing linebacker in the NFL.
yeah but tackling is a big part of being a linebacker too. Laughing
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:

I, personally, value linebackers being able to get there efficiently first. If a guy can't even get in the position to make tackles, he's got a longer way to go than a guy like Cunningham. He's seen guys come in the league from college who weren't exemplar tacklers be able to fix it in the NFL; I trust Cunningham can be one of those guys.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:
Counselor wrote:

Players tend to get better in the NFL...

Some of you guys get caught up on the wrong things. I haven't evaluated Cunningham yet. But the question isn't if he's a good tackler now. The question is if he can be a good tackler in the future.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:
Counselor wrote:

Some of you guys get caught up on the wrong things. I haven't evaluated Cunningham yet. But the question isn't if he's a good tackler now. The question is if he can be a good tackler in the future.
So is he getting drafted by the Seahawks who focus on that sort of thing? Or the Chiefs, who don't?

Id rather not draft a guy and have to coach him in something that should be his bread and butter by draft season.

I just don't see a good LB honestly. Great he takes on blocks, I want a guy who's going to shed or slip that block to make a play. If he's not then RBs are just gonna run right past him.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:
Counselor wrote:

So is he getting drafted by the Seahawks who focus on that sort of thing? Or the Chiefs, who don't?

Id rather not draft a guy and have to coach him in something that should be his bread and butter by draft season.

I just don't see a good LB honestly. Great he takes on blocks, I want a guy who's going to shed or slip that block to make a play. If he's not then RBs are just gonna run right past him.

Okay. But you're going to miss out on a lot of good players with that strategy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:
Counselor wrote:

Okay. But you're going to miss out jon a lot of good players with that strategy.
Youre right, a bit of hyperbole may have been used. I certainly don't apply this line of thinking all the time.

I love his athletic ability, he's got a nonstop motor, and he's used at a few LB positions. He even stacks blocks well.

But all I see is a JAG out there man.
49erurtaza

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:
Counselor wrote:

Okay. But you're going to miss out on a lot of good players with that strategy.

Your not drafting players for what they are right now but what they can become. There not finished products.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: