Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Combine Thread v2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

22 DBs (including Peppers) ran a sub-4.5 40. Insane.

Adopt-a-Buc Mike Evans 96 RECs 1,321 YDs 12 TDs
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4.28 officially for Myrick.

Nice..

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
Techbert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrepNwa23 wrote:
...Him and {Insert random Group 11 DB} will be steals this draft.

FIFY
Techbert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any GM who does not get well in this draft needs to lose their job and never work again.
Marc MacGyver

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
22 DBs (including Peppers) ran a sub-4.5 40. Insane.

2017 DB class was ridiculous... Some of these guys put up great numbers, but were overshadowed by freak numbers. Any other year they'd be top 5 position performers.
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich Eisen... 6.02

-Dan Gable
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
Rich Eisen... 6.02

Need to see Mama/Eisen simulcam

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea...

NFL Research‏Verified account @NFLResearch
Obi Melifonwu at combine:
- Taller than Larry Fitzgerald
- Quicker than Darren Sproles
- Faster than Devin Hester
- Jumps higher than OBJ

gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Lattimores injury was a Hip Flexor.

Still.

More Lowerbody stuff.

-Dan Gable
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
Marcus Williams, so underrated.

Define underrated?

He does have some scheme limitations that he may be able to grow out of, but he also has some trademarks of a WR-to-S convert that the majority of those type have legitimate issues shaking. His ball skills are very good, no doubt, but let's not confuse having great ball skills and quality read-and-react abilities with having great instincts. And if you're going to play a guy as a single-high, while the two aforementioned qualities can certainly make up for average instincts, I'd sooner have the guy with plus-instincts all day at that position.

If we're talking a two-deep or Cover-3 scheme, then sure, he's a stellar fit. Cover-1 shell, particularly if you're going press-and-bail or heavy man-coverage on the boundaries and I want those instincts.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Yea...

- Jumps higher than OBJ

That is nuts. I don't know how that combination of size and athleticism doesn't go first round 1, you can do so much.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Yea...

- Jumps higher than OBJ

That is nuts. I don't know how that combination of size and athleticism doesn't go first round 1, you can do so much.

Slightly lesser size and athleticism got a team to fall in love with Jimmie Ward, so I could definitely see it.

It's going to be interesting to see. Free agent contract values tend to suggest that teams don't value the SS position as highly as FS (there's probably something in there that teams also don't let outstanding SS ever hit the market, too), but there could be an inverse-relationship to that then creating a greater draft demand for SS early because teams would rather just keep cycling these younger guys on much cheaper 4-5 year deals than pay the vets. I don't see a scheme-fluent FS in Obi - and I really like him as prospect, but I'm also being a realist. He's someone you want in the scrum, so if you're going to play him as a FS, it ought to be in Cover-2 where he's going to be given the opportunity to come down into the box based off what the offense shows you pre-snap.

MathMan wrote:
Broncofan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Yea...

- Jumps higher than OBJ

Slightly lesser size and athleticism got a team to fall in love with Jimmie Ward, so I could definitely see it.

It's going to be interesting to see. Free agent contract values tend to suggest that teams don't value the SS position as highly as FS (there's probably something in there that teams also don't let outstanding SS ever hit the market, too), but there could be an inverse-relationship to that then creating a greater draft demand for SS early because teams would rather just keep cycling these younger guys on much cheaper 4-5 year deals than pay the vets. I don't see a scheme-fluent FS in Obi - and I really like him as prospect, but I'm also being a realist. He's someone you want in the scrum, so if you're going to play him as a FS, it ought to be in Cover-2 where he's going to be given the opportunity to come down into the box based off what the offense shows you pre-snap.

I guess the CW was his instincts and footwork were sub-par for coverage - footwork can be taught, but instincts take time. He did flash in the Senior Bowl, so his ability to improve with coaching certainly seems there.

Having said all of the above, that's an elite skill set for sure. If there was a way a guy that talented could fail besides injury risk, bad instincts is up there. Now this is something that can be overcome, but I do wonder if that's what will keep teams from reaching as far as Rd 1, especially when you have 2 sure fire elite S's in Hooker and Adams, and Baker, Williams and Peppers all helped themselves immensely as well (teams see that much depth, and figure they can wait to get Tier 2 of the S class, and so everyone falls).

Last edited by Broncofan on Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
Sounds like Lattimores injury was a Hip Flexor.

Still.

More Lowerbody stuff.

Not surprised, prolly spent a lot of time on his Hanny's that his hip flexor pulled.

I don't think it matters. Wasn't his hammy

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncofan wrote:
The LBC wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Yea...

- Jumps higher than OBJ

I guess the CW was his instincts and footwork were sub-par for coverage - footwork can be taught, but instincts take time. He did flash in the Senior Bowl, so his ability to improve with coaching certainly seems there.

Having said all of the above, that's an elite skill set for sure. If there was a way a guy that talented could fail besides injury risk, bad instincts is up there. Now this is something that can be overcome, but I do wonder if that's what will keep teams from reaching as far as Rd 1, especially when you have 2 sure fire elite S's in Hooker and Adams, and Baker, Williams and Peppers all helped themselves immensely as well (teams see that much depth, and figure they can wait to get Tier 2 of the S class, and so everyone falls).

LIS, really depends on the type of safety you're looking for and what scheme you're planning on running. Certain schemes aren't going to place as high a value on safeties (or the need for an "elite" safety over having elite or great players at other positions) so that can drive a guy's value down, just on sheer demand. Certain guys (there's a lot to love about Hooker but I think this is applicable to him) that project as elite in certain schemes and a shade more limited (still very good, but not to the level that's going to have a team pounding the table to spend use a Top 15 pick on a less-than-premier position) in others.

And then you've got the bottom of the 1st where you tend to see a lot of those guys who team covet based of traits more than tape sneak in there. So LIS anything's possible. I wouldn't rule out him going in the 1st, but it's also just as likely he slides to top of the 2nd similar to guys like Jonathan Cyprien and Jaquiski Tartt.

MathMan wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: