Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chad Greenway Retires
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klomp

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a month ago:

When he does retire, Greenway said at some point he might have interest in another role with the Vikings.

“I would call it a possible avenue that I would seek out eventually, and that’s not necessarily saying that would be on the football side of things either,” Greenway said. “So it could possibly be on the business side or the executive side. But that’s all what-ifs, and that’s just a road that I eventually could go down if A, B and C happen. … I would say that I would definitely consider it and look into it if we get to that point.”

Wilf said he has gotten “no clues” whether Greenway will retire or play another season. He said he would be fine with whatever decision is made.

“He was our first draft pick as ownership,’’ Wilf said. “That was in 2006. If you wanted to say, your first imprint as ownership, what type of player, what type of person you want to have as a Minnesota Viking, Chad Greenway personifies it.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/02/03/vikings-would-consider-chad-greenway-for-job-when-he-retires/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
Good for him. One of the best LBers in Vikings history.

He could definitely have a career in coaching if he wants it.

I was thinking the same thing.

Aren't there coaching internships he could take on in the NFL? I imagine he'd have no problem finding a spot on this team.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A class act if there ever was one!
byuvike88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will always remember the trio of Him, Leber, and Henderson from 07-10.

I remember the 07 season being a season filled with young talent making plays like Greenway, Robison, Peterson, and Rice. They were all essentially rookies then and now half our out of the league. Nice to see that 3 of them made it 10 years.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for him...now he can take the time to sit courtside when his daughters play in the WNBA. Laughing

Thx to Lil Uno!
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His presser should be starting any moment:
http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Chad-Greenway-Retirement-Press-Conference/e732719a-4719-45a1-a522-15768422f834

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Press conference was like everything else in Greenway's career: pure class!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Press conference was like everything else in Greenway's career: pure class!

I agree. I got a little teary eyed watching all the Vikings great talk about him. He hasn't been the same player the last couple years and has been a liability at times, but he will always be one of my favorites.

I also wish they would have had better endings with players like Winfield and Kevin Williams. I don't know if they would've wanted to do it the way Greenway (kinda hard when they finished with other teams) but they were both apart of the Vikings for 10 years.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chad Greenway, who retired Tuesday after an 11-year career with the Vikings, paid tribute to former Vikings linebacker and current scout Scott Studwell. Just as Greenway set the bar for current and future Vikings linebacker, he said Studwell set the bar for him. Studwell is the Vikings all-time leading tackler with 1,928 career defensive tackles, while Greenway is fourth in team history with 1,334. Both players are tied for fifth among Vikings linebackers with 11 career interceptions.

Greenway: “We all know his historic career and all his damn records I couldn’t catch. Those shadows lurked over me, just trying to live up to, not only how Scott was as a player and the way he played the game, the respect people had for him, but also the way he carries himself professionally. I look up to you, Scott, a lot. I appreciate that example every day. I couldn’t catch the records because they were way too far out in front of me, but I appreciate you giving me a standard to reach for. He’s one of our best players of all time. He’s certainly my favorite Viking of all time. Scott started scouting me at Iowa, maybe, in 2003 or 2004. And he would always be around and asking a bunch of questions, and I didn’t really know who he was, and then our strength coach told me who he was. Then I looked him up and I realized exactly who he was.”

Studwell: “This is what makes everything you do worthwhile. I was the Director of College Scouting when we drafted Chad. If we had 52 more Greenways, then we’d have a championship team. He’s a guy that would have played the game for free. He's a great asset to this organization and to the state of Minnesota. There aren’t enough superlatives to go around, Chad is a great player and even better person.”

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Greenway-Studwell-Share-Bond-Between-Linebackers/82b047d5-a662-4783-b60d-4f8961d47ba1?sf60815378=1

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: