Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sellout for Watson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amazingandre

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
At this point, the way FA has gone, this dream is gone.

The dream is back baby!!!!
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
If we get Watson I will be the happiest man alive.

Verified - Happiest man alive from Thursday until the Rockets lose to the Spurs

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Laughing Crying or Very sad Laughing Smile Very Happy I'M SO HAPPY

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this pick and here's why:

A lot of people have been talking about next year's QB class. A LOT can happen in a year: injuries, poor performances, questionable social behavior, etc. Some QBs that looks so fine this year might not look so good next draft.

I recently saw a list of about 10 (?) ish teams that were looking for a new QB, ranging from teams that were just plain bad, to teams looking to replace vets. Even if the class next year is deep, you can bet your butt that there will be a "top 5" or a "top 3" list, and people will be selling their souls to try and nab 'the guy'. And there's still no guarantee the guy they get will be any good. I don't think we're going to get better than Deshaun Watson next year without selling a [inappropriate/removed] ton more picks, because I don't think we're going to suck bad enough this year to land in a spot where we're guaranteed the guy we want next year. And if next year is really a big QB year, then I'm sure we're going to have a chance to nab some defensive talent that other teams pass on. And I don't mind the missing 2nd round pick because I have a feeling that if there is some talent that we just have to have that isn't a QB, we can find a way to get it. We seem to be pretty good finding undrafted guys/guys in FA.

AND THEN the teams that get a QB next year have to spend another year just trying to get the guy ready.

We're pretty good now, but I don't want to wait 2 years to see our guy play, and I dont want to wait 2 years behind another Brian Hoyer. Deshaun seems like a good fit for us and he has just as much chance of making it (more so, in my opinion, just based on his starts and his record) and doing a great job for us as anybody.

It's so out of character for us to get a QB in the first round that I have to assume that they were being pressured to find a guy RIGHT NOW, but I also dont think they would have sold a first round pick next year if they didn't truly love him. And the fact that Deshaun is such a great guy and a hard worker, I feel like this pick is definitely worth taking that gamble on.
Heinz D.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tab wrote:
I recently saw a list of about 10 (?) ish teams that were looking for a new QB, ranging from teams that were just plain bad, to teams looking to replace vets. Even if the class next year is deep, you can bet your butt that there will be a "top 5" or a "top 3" list, and people will be selling their souls to try and nab 'the guy'. And there's still no guarantee the guy they get will be any good. I don't think we're going to get better than Deshaun Watson next year without selling a [inappropriate/removed] ton more picks, because I don't think we're going to suck bad enough this year to land in a spot where we're guaranteed the guy we want next year.

That's the thing. There's no way the Texans will be bad this coming season. Certainly not bad enough to be in a position to grab one of the best QBs without even more draft pain then they're currently under now. And y'all also need to keep in mind that at least two of the worst-record teams after this next season (one of which will probably be the Jets, who are taking a wrecking ball to their roster) will be determined to stay put and take a QB.

Watson's a good QB, with the potential to be great at the next level. I am surprised so many of you seem fine with the cost to get him...but at least it's not like KC with Mahommes. KC already has a QB that could actually play well enough to take them to the Super Bowl (not sure Savage is that for the Texans), and Mahommes is far out from contributing. Watson could, potentially, see the field this year.
candyman93

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Let's say a QB you guys want at 12 is available. Would you trade 1 + 2 + 3 for him or is that too much?

1. Browns- Myles Garrett
2. 49ers- Solomon Thomas
3. Bears- Jonathan Allen
4. Jaguars- Leonard Fournette
5. Titans- Marshon Lattimore
6. Jets- Jamal Adams
7. Chargers- Malik Hooker
8. Panthers- Derek Barnett
9. Bengals- Corey Davis
10. Bills - Mike Williams
11. Saints - Reuben Foster

Ayyyyyyyyyy Cool
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Let's say a QB you guys want at 12 is available. Would you trade 1 + 2 + 3 for him or is that too much?

1. Browns- Myles Garrett
2. 49ers- Solomon Thomas
3. Bears- Jonathan Allen
4. Jaguars- Leonard Fournette
5. Titans- Marshon Lattimore
6. Jets- Jamal Adams
7. Chargers- Malik Hooker
8. Panthers- Derek Barnett
9. Bengals- Corey Davis
10. Bills - Mike Williams
11. Saints - Reuben Foster

Ayyyyyyyyyy Cool

Kept 2 and 3 as well! We'll be bored for the 2018 draft, but oh well...

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Watson is the starter week 1, i think hes a lock to be Rookie of the Year. I think its hard to not give it to a QB who makes the playoffs, and i think out D and run game will get us in as long as our QB can produce Brock type production. Anything better than that has us competing for a bye week.

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
PAtexansFAN99

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
If Watson is the starter week 1, i think hes a lock to be Rookie of the Year. I think its hard to not give it to a QB who makes the playoffs, and i think out D and run game will get us in as long as our QB can produce Brock type production. Anything better than that has us competing for a bye week.

I think that's got to be the name of the game for us. If we get home field advantage we're gonna be tough for anybody to beat. Had we won 1-2 more games last season, we may have beaten the Titans bc we'd have needed to in order to clinch the bye. We should've won the Raiders game (and we should've probably lost the Bengals game, but still..) and then beat the Titans to finish 11-5. 12 or 13 wins is well within reach in my opinion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: