Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Composite Big Board Mock 1.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MDSteeler1971

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject: Composite Big Board Mock 1.0 Reply with quote

RD1 Pk30 - EDGE TAKKARIST MCKINLEY - UCLA: Took him only because the Steelers most likely won't take a CB in the 1st. Left on the board:
TE O.J. HOWARD - ALABAMA; QB DESHONE KIZER - NOTRE DAME; EDGE TACO CHARLTON - MICHIGAN; CB MARLON HUMPHREY - ALABAMA; EDGE CHARLES HARRIS - MISSOURI

RD2 PK30 - S MARCUS WILLIAMS - UTAH: BPA left on the board and a need! Left on the board:
TE BUCKY HODGES - VIRGINIA TECH; C PAT ELFLEIN - OHIO STATE; WR JUJU SMITH-SCHUSTER - USC; WR COOPER KUPP - EASTERN WASHINGTON

RD3 PK30 - CB CAMERON SUTTON - TENNESSEE: He seemd to be falling to us. Left on the board:
EDGE TARELL BASHAM - OHIO; WR AMARA DARBOH - MICHIGAN; CB KEVIN KING - WASHINGTON; RB JOE MIXON - OKLAHOMA

RD3 PK41 - WR AMARA DARBOH - MICHIGAN: In my opinion he is a steal here and I love this kid! Look what he did at the combine! Left on the board:
CB KEVIN KING - WASHINGTON; RB JOE MIXON - OKLAHOMA; TE JAKE BUTT - MICHIGAN; CB FABIAN MOREAU - UCLA; QB DAVIS WEBB - CALIFORNIA; QB NATHAN PETERMAN - PITTSBURGH

RD4 PK28 - LB TYUS BOWSER - HOUSTON: At 6-foot-3, 247-pounder an "explosive, quick-twitch athlete." That showed well enough on Sunday. He should be considered a potential pick early for Day 2, with possible upward mobility toward the first round. Left on the board:
CB CORN ELDER - MIAMI; WR CHRIS GODWIN - PENN STATE; WR CHAD HANSEN - CALIFORNIA; WR JOSH REYNOLDS - TEXAS A&M; G AVERY GENNESY - TEXAS A&M

RD5 PK29 - RB JAMES CONNER - PITTSBURGH: Conner is much more of a battering ram than a dancer. He measured into the Combine at 6-foot-1, 233 pounds and performed 20 reps on the bench press. Left on the board:
EDGE HUNTER DIMICK - UTAH; DL DEANGELO BROWN - LOUISVILLE; EDGE GARRETT SICKELS - PENN STATE; DL DEATRICH WISE JR. - ARKANSAS; EDGE BRYAN COX JR. - FLORIDA

RD6 PK29 - CB JEREMY CUTRER - MIDDLE TENNESSEE: Good size and length but needs some meat on his bones. Left on the board:
LB KEITH KELSEY - LOUISVILLE; EDGE TASHAWN BOWER - LSU; QB CHAD KELLY - MISSISSIPPI; DL JOSH TUPOU - COLORADO

RD7 PK30 - G GREG PYKE - GEORGIA: Just to keep Georgia's streak alive...
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Composite Big Board Mock 1.0 Reply with quote

MDSteeler1971 wrote:
RD1 Pk30 - EDGE TAKKARIST MCKINLEY - UCLA: Took him only because the Steelers most likely won't take a CB in the 1st.

I like this draft for the most part, but I dont know what makes you think that.

If the top player on the draft board is a CB when we pick, I 100% guarantee you that CB will be the pick.

Of course, free agency could change things, but I dont think it will.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takk is falling fast

Dinged on medicals
Rumored to have scored a 3 on the wonderlic
Outside of the 40 tested average to below average.

I think he will be lucky to go before round 3 at this point ( if the wonderlic is true). Anyone watching the drills saw him mess up several times in the drills following directions. These are drills they should have done 100's if not thousands of times.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
MDSteeler1971

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Composite Big Board Mock 1.0 Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
MDSteeler1971 wrote:
RD1 Pk30 - EDGE TAKKARIST MCKINLEY - UCLA: Took him only because the Steelers most likely won't take a CB in the 1st.

I like this draft for the most part, but I dont know what makes you think that.

If the top player on the draft board is a CB when we pick, I 100% guarantee you that CB will be the pick.

Of course, free agency could change things, but I dont think it will.

Just from what we've been doing lately in the drafts
MDSteeler1971

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
Takk is falling fast

Dinged on medicals
Rumored to have scored a 3 on the wonderlic
Outside of the 40 tested average to below average.

I think he will be lucky to go before round 3 at this point ( if the wonderlic is true). Anyone watching the drills saw him mess up several times in the drills following directions. These are drills they should have done 100's if not thousands of times.

SWEET! I hate the pick because I don't trust UCLA LBs...
JLambert58

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: Composite Big Board Mock 1.0 Reply with quote

MDSteeler1971 wrote:

RD4 PK28 - LB TYUS BOWSER - HOUSTON: At 6-foot-3, 247-pounder an "explosive, quick-twitch athlete." That showed well enough on Sunday. He should be considered a potential pick early for Day 2, with possible upward mobility toward the first round. Left on the board:
CB CORN ELDER - MIAMI; WR CHRIS GODWIN - PENN STATE; WR CHAD HANSEN - CALIFORNIA; WR JOSH REYNOLDS - TEXAS A&M; G AVERY GENNESY - TEXAS A&M

I know this is the write-up on Bowser on NFL.com but I don't agree. I watched his tape today and I did not see that. He tested well but he doesn't pass the eye test imo.

However, if we were to get him this late as a double-down on OLB, then I wouldn't complain too much.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: