Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Update your wish list
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
romo2bryant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan Willis

Evan Engram

Fabian Moreau

Adoree Jackson (don't see the cowboys taking a 5'10 corner though).

Juju Smith.

If cowboys could some how walk away with Willis/Moreau or Willis/Engram I'd be ecstatic.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on how free agency shakes out, a trade down for more picks isn't out of the question. With not a lot of cap space and 18 FA, Dallas may have to just to get bodies

Kiltman on the sig & avy
DaBoys

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

romo2bryant wrote:
Jordan Willis

Evan Engram

Fabian Moreau

Juju Smith.

If cowboys could some how walk away with Willis/Moreau or Willis/Engram I'd be ecstatic.

Really like Willis. I think he is going to be a lot better than the 2nd-3rd round grade everyone is giving him.
romo2bryant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
romo2bryant wrote:
Jordan Willis

Evan Engram

Fabian Moreau

Juju Smith.

Really like Willis. I think he is going to be a lot better than the 2nd-3rd round grade everyone is giving him.

Forgot to add Corey Davis there. Think with lack of combine and his injury, he maybe there at 28. See the boys pulling the trigger on him.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to draft another QB in the mid to late rounds to develop behind Dak and compete for the #2 job.

I like 6'3" 216 lbs. Josh Dobbs from Tennessee .

resilient

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
I would like to draft another QB in the mid to late rounds to develop behind Dak and compete for the #2 job.

With the way we/Dallas hit the homerun on Dak I also would love to draft another QB. Only problem is in a deep draft and so many good players at positions we need, it almost seems like we might lose an immediate contributor for a player that may not see the field much.

*Dang it, we need more draft picks*
Action Jackson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we can afford to draft a QB. We need bodies to fill out the roster. I'm fine with Kellen Moore or someone like Josh McCown possibly. Don't really see the benefit of a rookie backing up a 2nd year guy.

EL ramster on the sig!
Calvert28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
One name I haven't seen mentioned on this board much that I want to throw out there is Montravius Adams, DT Auburn. CalhounLambeau is super high on him, calling him a first round talent for years now; he posted some dope Combine numbers (6' 3" 38" arms and a sub 4.9 40 dear god); anonymous OLs in the SEC have called him the best player they've ever gone up against. I know 3-tech isn't really on people's minds because of Collins and Crawford, but the latter is just dead weight at this point and the former could use a partner on 3rd downs. We could easily lose both McClain and Jack Crawford to UFA. Interior pressure is more threatening, instantaneous and harder to scheme against than exterior these days plus 10-sack DEs don't just grow on trees even in a strong class for them. I know he's being mocked in the late 2nd-early 3rd, but that doesn't make him an inviable option for us at the end of the 1st: see Frederick, Travis. Just some food for thought.

edit: apparently he only has 32.5 inch arms... stupid nfl.com. I still like him though

He's good. His problem is injuries which is where I disagree with CB here. I dont think he is worth a first. Maybe a late 2nd since he tested so well. But these are the trenches of the NFL. He's going to get banged around alot more here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmDTpOCsJ4A

H/e he does look sexy the way he burst out of his stance. Has first round ability.
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.
resilient

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK with T Williams and Butler signings, I am guessing the odds are we won't go WR in RD1, but still would be all over either TE from Alabama or Miami.

DE still has to be Priority number one, a good DB and perhaps a CB depending on what Dallas does with Mo.

RT I supposed is possible as well, but really don't want to see that at pick 28
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would guess WR is out of the picture in rd 1-3. Unless someone falls for whatever reason.

1. DE/CB
2. CB/DE
3. TE/S
4. S/DE/RT/TE
5. WR/CB/DT

Something like that.

Kiltman on the sig & avy
resilient

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
I would guess WR is out of the picture in rd 1-3. Unless someone falls for whatever reason.

1. DE/CB
2. CB/DE
3. TE/S
4. S/DE/RT/TE
5. WR/CB/DT

Something like that.

agree as a rule, but the exception would/should be David Njoku, or Howard. too good to pass up.
resilient

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the NFL network had Dallas getting Evan Ingram at 28, and showed his high lights. Must admit, I am warming to this idea. He is a matchup nightmare on offense. Though I don't know about how well his run blocking will hold up, his ability to make plays in the passing game is something I would really love.

Still having a hell of a time trying to get a top 5 wish list though.
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to hype up a Baylor player, but if KD Cannon is there in the 3rd round (and I can see him going anywhere from the 2nd to the 4th round) I think we should definitely take him there, assuming we've met AT LEAST one of our DL/CB/S needs in the first two rounds.

Williams is fast but we lack a true world class burner and that is exactly what Cannon is, though he has potential to be a star rather than just a fast guy.

Dez
Williams
Beasley
Cannon
Butler

That's a very solid 5 guys - though my dream would be to sign Boldin for a year and draft KD as the #5 with Butler getting moved out, though that won't happen.
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:

1. DE/CB
2. CB/DE
3. TE/S
4. S/DE/RT/TE
5. WR/CB/DT

Something like that.

This, though I would throw S as an option in the first 2 rounds and RB as an option from the 3rd round on.

At this point you almost have to go DE, CB or S with 3 of your first 4 picks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By no means can we rule out a tight end early. This is the best tight end class in years, this is potentially Witten's last season, and this is the Cowboys.

I really want more picks this year. If we let Carr/Claiborne walk and not sign anyone else that'll affect comp picks, then I wouldn't feel bad about trading '18 picks for '17 ones

Adopt-a-Cowboy 2016: Sean Lee- 145 tackles (93 solo, 52 assisted), 1 PD, 1 FR, 13 TFLs, 977/982 defensive snaps played excluding the meaningless Week 17 game against the last place Eagles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: