You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills Combine News, Notes & Rumours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
I'm so torn in Tyrod.

I don't think I've ever been this confused on what to do over a player in any sport. There's legitimate arguments to be made both ways.

Either way I'll always have love for T Mobile. He's an awesome person and actually brought some stability to a position our franchise hasn't been stable at in years.

He has the heart of a lion and leaves it all on the field.

If he does go I'll be really upset over it but I'll understand why we did it. I just have no idea what's going to happen a week from now.
Im in the same boat. I've become more open to him leaving over the last week than I've ever been. I think the interest in Siemen is what started it. Siemen doesn't really lower our chances of success and he's insanely cheaper. I still am not sold on anyone in this draft class but I'm starting to see why the Bills don't want to pay Tyrod.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OJ Howard would be such a fantastic fit in our WCO and would help levitate he need for a true #2 wideout.

I think he has cemented himself as a top 10 choice.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
I'm so torn in Tyrod.

I don't think I've ever been this confused on what to do over a player in any sport. There's legitimate arguments to be made both ways.

Either way I'll always have love for T Mobile. He's an awesome person and actually brought some stability to a position our franchise hasn't been stable at in years.

If he does go I'll be really upset over it but I'll understand why we did it. I just have no idea what's going to happen a week from now.
Im in the same boat. I've become more open to him leaving over the last week than I've ever been. I think the interest in Siemen is what started it. Siemen doesn't really lower our chances of success and he's insanely cheaper. I still am not sold on anyone in this draft class but I'm starting to see why the Bills don't want to pay Tyrod.

I wholeheartedly agree that Tyrod plays with passion and gives everything he's got. I love that in a player. Still, I can't get around the fact that he is limited as a QB. He's shown an inability to utilize the whole field and IMO will always be, at best, a 15-20th ranked QB in the league. In other words, that's what I see as his peak, some years it would be uglier, which is basically what we had with Fitz. I'd like to find a way to keep TT on the team for 1 maybe 2 more years (only because I hate throwing in the towel), but the whole time I'm looking and expecting to find a legitimate upgrade. I don't believe we can get to the playoffs competing in the same division as a Belichick-coached team relying on someone who is just barely "good enough considering the price" at the most important position on our offense.

If he does leave, I had mentioned Chase Daniels and apparently the Eagles are now shopping him. That's another cheap option besides Simien. I really don't want to roll with Cardale, who couldn't even unseat EJ as the backup last year!

Adopt a Bill:
I'd like to adopt myself as GM!
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
I'm so torn in Tyrod.

I wholeheartedly agree that Tyrod plays with passion and gives everything he's got. I love that in a player. Still, I can't get around the fact that he is limited as a QB. He's shown an inability to utilize the whole field and IMO will always be, at best, a 15-20th ranked QB in the league. In other words, that's what I see as his peak, some years it would be uglier, which is basically what we had with Fitz. I'd like to find a way to keep TT on the team for 1 maybe 2 more years (only because I hate throwing in the towel), but the whole time I'm looking and expecting to find a legitimate upgrade. I don't believe we can get to the playoffs competing in the same division as a Belichick-coached team relying on someone who is just barely "good enough considering the price" at the most important position on our offense.

If he does leave, I had mentioned Chase Daniels and apparently the Eagles are now shopping him. That's another cheap option besides Simien. I really don't want to roll with Cardale, who couldn't even unseat EJ as the backup last year!
I agree that Tyrod isn't really going to progress too much more. I've said it a few times before but I really think he's similar to Alex Smith. I don't know if we want to make a substantial investment in a guy who needs a major supporting cast to win you games consistently. There is also the fact that Tyrod has very rarely been able to come through when games are on the line in obvious passing situations is another worry.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
bigbadbuff23835 wrote:
I'm so torn in Tyrod.

I agree that Tyrod isn't really going to progress too much more. I've said it a few times before but I really think he's similar to Alex Smith. I don't know if we want to make a substantial investment in a guy who needs a major supporting cast to win you games consistently. There is also the fact that Tyrod has very rarely been able to come through when games are on the line in obvious passing situations is another worry.

Actually, Alex Smith does pretty well in a WCO as he sees the whole field and I believe he has better timing than Taylor. I agree that Tyrod rarely has been able to put together a game-winning drive when we've needed it. That's a problem for me, as well. Somewhere, there is probably an offensive system that would totally match what Tyrod does well, but my guess is it's the wildcat and teams have already remembered how to defend that. Year one of the wildcat resurgence would have been perfect for Tyrod, but that time has passed. I think he would have lead us to the playoffs that year, though. In the end, to me Tyrod is probably the 2nd best backup QB in the league (behind Romo) with an ability to allow you to go .500 if he had to start for a short while. Tyrod doesn't see himself as a backup, though, which has me feeling like we'll be wishing him good luck in the near future.

Adopt a Bill:
I'd like to adopt myself as GM!
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/838526986595205120

Quote:
Talking to scouts about Jonathan Allen. Definite concerns about shoulders. Feeling he'll drop to 12-17 range.

Interesting. Would be shocking if it does happen.

cdavls17

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt mind going BPA and taking Jonathan Allan at 10 but the only thing that im worried about is passing on a Wr or Corner which are bigger needs at the moment. Bills drafted Adolphus Washington last year and hopefully he can turn in to a legit 4-3 DT to take kyle williams spot in the future. Bills have so many needs and BPA may align with it too

Thanks Max
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:

Quote:
Talking to scouts about Jonathan Allen. Definite concerns about shoulders. Feeling he'll drop to 12-17 range.

A player with injury concerns? The Bills are certainly licking their chops. Rolling Eyes
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Quote:
Sal Capaccio 🏈‏Verified account @SalSports 3h3 hours ago
More
Stanford DE Solomon Thomas has a meeting planned with the Bills this weekend.

My favourite defensive player in the draft. Would instantly upgrade our D.

I still have Peppers as my favorite defensive player in the draft, but I LOVE Thomas as well. Problem is, he'll be long gone by #10.

bucsfan333 wrote:
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
"Thanks BBF, but I need someone bigger and more scary to be my backup." - Nobody ever
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:

Quote:

A player with injury concerns? The Bills are certainly licking their chops. Rolling Eyes

If last year's draft is any indication, they most certainly are Laughing

bucsfan333 wrote:
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
"Thanks BBF, but I need someone bigger and more scary to be my backup." - Nobody ever
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boy Adoree Jackson isn't making it to the second round Sad

Just ran a 4.3 and offers so much special teams value. Too bad because he would have been a great zone guy to add.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Quote:
Sal Capaccio 🏈‏Verified account @SalSports 3h3 hours ago
More
Stanford DE Solomon Thomas has a meeting planned with the Bills this weekend.

My favourite defensive player in the draft. Would instantly upgrade our D.

I still have Peppers as my favorite defensive player in the draft, but I LOVE Thomas as well. Problem is, he'll be long gone by #10.

As long as our staff knew how to use Peppers correctly, I'd be all for him at 10. Could be moved around from WLB to S in McDermotts D.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are doing their due deligence, but I hope that they dont go Solomon at 10. Nothing against the guy in any way but I prefer someone who can be a starter right away. Having him come in will just make last years pick look even worse. Hughes has alot left in the tank and it was more of a bad situation with rex then his playing time as he was dropping back in coverage then actually rushing the passer. I would much rather fill a hole then add depth at this point. Mike Williams, Corey Davis, Jamal Adams, Hooker, Lattimore, and a few players like peppers, tabor, howard that are top 15-20 picks may be a bit of a reach at 10 but they fill a hole that the bills desperately need. If the first 4 are taken I would like to trade back and try and land the last 3 i mentioned and pick up an extra pick.

Thanks Max
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We interviewed Chris Godwin before he even ran his surprising 4.42. This tells me our scouting team must be doing a good job because they saw something in Godwins speed that no other team saw before the 40.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obi Melifonwu is a stud, I love the idea of taking him in the 2nd if he's there.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: