Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills Combine News, Notes & Rumours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject: Bills Combine News, Notes & Rumours Reply with quote

I realized we didn't ave a thread for this weekends event and there certainly is enough going on to warrant one IMO.

Some info over the last few days related to the Bills:

Quote:
Rob Rang‏Verified account @RobRang 18h18 hours ago
More
Clemson QB Deshaun Watson has already met with the #Chiefs and and will be meeting with the #Bills & #Browns tonight.

Quote:
Chris Brown‏Verified account @ChrisBrownBills 18h18 hours ago
More
Mike Williams will not run the 40 here at the Combine. Will wait until his pro day. #Bills

Quote:
LeadingNFL ‏ @LeadingNFL 21h21 hours ago
More
The feeling around the combine is that the Bills are leaning towards moving on from Tyrod Taylor.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Draft Wish List:
*Trade Back*
1. Ryan Ramczyk: 2a: Zay Jones 2b: Chidobe Awuzie 3: Bucky Hodges 4: Brad Kaaya 5a: Nate Hairston 5b: Eliah Lee 6: Xavier Woods
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like two years in a row a Bama LB is going to slide,albeit for two very different reasons.

Reuben Foster was sent home from the combine for getting into a heated argument with a hospital staff member.

Quote:
Matt Miller‏Verified account @nfldraftscout 9h9 hours ago
More
Matt Miller Retweeted Matt Miller
Just heard interviews were bad for Foster this week. One scout said it was a bad week for him.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Draft Wish List:
*Trade Back*
1. Ryan Ramczyk: 2a: Zay Jones 2b: Chidobe Awuzie 3: Bucky Hodges 4: Brad Kaaya 5a: Nate Hairston 5b: Eliah Lee 6: Xavier Woods
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder how far Foster could fall? Could be bad or could be comparable to Laremy Tunsil.

If we removed him from consideration it could mean it's even more likely we see Zach Brown resigned.

Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, weak QB class and I have been touting Zach Terrell for over a year now, but I'm coming around to taking a chance on the QB from Pitt, Nathan Peterman. Still don't believe there's a sure thing at QB in this draft and really didn't want to waste a pick on one, but Peterman is changing my mind. I'd burn a mid-late round pick on him.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/02/2017-nfl-draft-player-profiles-pittsburgh-qb-nathan-peterman/

Adopt a Bill:
CB Ronald Darby - 60 Tckl, 9 Ast, 0 Sck, 12 PDef, 0 Int, 0 FF, 0 TD
RB Mike Gillislee - 101 Rsh, 577 Yds, 8 TD, 39 FD, 9 Rec, 50 Yds, 1 TD, 1 FD
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watson looked REALLY good today.

cdavls17

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Players who were around Foster at the area getting the pre exams said it was blown our of proportion and that nothing will or should come of it and is still projected top 5.

Mike williams was said to struggle with his vertical jumps which is where he needs to excell with balls in the air. Corey Davis isnt running cause of his injury

Ross shown his quickness and is being compared to djax however the last two speedsters we drafted have been busts tj graham amd goodwin.

Oj howard seems to jump up my list having great hands and running a 4.5 forty.

Thanks Max
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
Watson looked REALLY good today.

Just finished watching this portion and he realistically was the best performer on the field. His mechanics were fine. Placed the ball well and certainly has the arm strength. I just wish he had proven himself in a different offense in college. The offenses of Clemson, Baylor, etc. just do not give me any confidence when trying to project how a QB will do in the NFL.

My new QB interest value-wise, Peterman, had some pretty inconsistent zip on his throws. Think he put some air under some of them to be a little "safer". That was disappointing. Then again, maybe I'm being too hard on him for that given the unfamiliar receivers in the drills and the fact that I would probably praise any QB who adjusted his touch during actual games. I still like that he uses the whole field, goes through his progressions, looks off DB's and prepares. He's at best a project though, which is why i wouldn't target him during the 1st half of the draft.

(Edit) Oh, another batch of QB's is on now...

Adopt a Bill:
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard Kaya looked good. Would fit the WCO we want to run.

Still love the idea if somehow landing M. Williams and Watson Cool

More realistically, if both the S are gone, which I assume they will be, OJ is who i want.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Draft Wish List:
*Trade Back*
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sal Capaccio 🏈‏Verified account @SalSports 3h3 hours ago
More
Stanford DE Solomon Thomas has a meeting planned with the Bills this weekend.

My favourite defensive player in the draft. Would instantly upgrade our D.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Draft Wish List:
*Trade Back*
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Reuben Foster:

http://deadspin.com/alabamas-reuben-foster-sent-home-from-nfl-combine-after-1792968096

Quote:
Foster grew impatient with long line for exams... pulled the 'do you know who I am?' card.

Laughing

Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Albert Breer‏Verified account @AlbertBreer 5m5 minutes ago
More
Thing that teams liked about Watson in interviews: Asked why teams should draft him, Watson prioritized team accomplishments on his resume.

Quote:
Sal Capaccio 🏈‏Verified account @SalSports 4h4 hours ago
More
Peppers has met with the Bills.

Quote:
Sal Capaccio 🏈‏Verified account @SalSports 4h4 hours ago
More
Michigan State LB Riley Bullough, grandson of former Bills HC Hank Bullough, says he hasn't met with team but may by end of weekend.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Draft Wish List:
*Trade Back*
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
On Reuben Foster:

http://deadspin.com/alabamas-reuben-foster-sent-home-from-nfl-combine-after-1792968096

Quote:
Foster grew impatient with long line for exams... pulled the 'do you know who I am?' card.

Laughing

Has that ever worked? lol

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Draft Wish List:
*Trade Back*
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
On Reuben Foster:

Quote:

Laughing

"Yeah you're the guy about to get sent home from your biggest job interview to date for being an idiot!" Laughing
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
I heard Kaya looked good. Would fit the WCO we want to run.

Still love the idea if somehow landing M. Williams and Watson Cool

More realistically, if both the S are gone, which I assume they will be, OJ is who i want.

Announcers were praising Kaaya, but I saw several times where he double hopped when he threw the ball. Beathard did the same thing, but it affected his accuracy much more than Kaaya's. I felt Josh Dobbs had a good showing. Definitely has some major zip in that arm and displayed good timing as well.

I guess what I thought was the 2nd group of QB's actually went earlier in the day. From that group, I thought Dobbs impressed the most. In the 2nd group, Watson was easily the most impressive to me. The announcers also praised Mahomes in that group, but I thought he had a really wimpy arm and I thought I recalled him double hopping into his throws, as well. I might be wrong about that last part. Anyway, I've brought up that aspect of the footwork because from experience I know it robs you of power, accuracy, and usually timing. I also believe it is a sign of struggles to think on one's feet, something you can't get away with at the NFL level.

Adopt a Bill:
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so torn in Tyrod.

I don't think I've ever been this confused on what to do over a player in any sport. There's legitimate arguments to be made both ways.

Either way I'll always have love for T Mobile. He's an awesome person and actually brought some stability to a position our franchise hasn't been stable at in years.

He has the heart of a lion and leaves it all on the field.

If he does go I'll be really upset over it but I'll understand why we did it. I just have no idea what's going to happen a week from now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: