Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Best case scenario mock for the FUTURE
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Future looks good?
Yes
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
No
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 9

DeSean Jackson

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject: Best case scenario mock for the FUTURE Reply with quote

This is a mock that I think will give us a great future and a great team going forward.

Releases
Ron Brooks 2.5 million
Ryan Matthews 4 mill

Trades

Chase Daniels to the Texans for a 3rd

Connor Barwin and our 6th for Colts 5th

Mychal Kendrics our 2nd and colts 5th for Cooks

Needs Cb,Cb,Dt,DE,Wr(2), OLB

Cap room 35.5million

Aj Bouye CB 6 year 80 million
True lockdown CB and a number 1 CB that the Eagles can count on

Josh Gordon 1 year 9 million zero guarantee
This could be one of the best moves Eagles ever make if it works out right. I've been scouting and checking up on Gordon everyday for a month and see how he's been mentally and he seems like a changed man. He lives with his agent now and he's basically being the father figure in Gordons life and showing him the ways and he grew up alot. Turned to god and tweets about him everday and he will fit in perfectly with our culture and will attend the weekly bible studies they do. We have the right culture for Gordon.

Kayvon Webster CB 3 year 15 million 2 mill this year
He's the guy thats behind two all-pros. This guy in coverage is allowing a 48% completion rate and thats outstanding. Good fit. Our DB coach probably will put in a good word

Paul Worrilow OLB 2 year 5 million
Good special teams depth and will take over Kendrics 5 snaps a game.

Mario Williams 1 year 3 mill
Backup knows scheme

DRAFT

1) Solomon Thomas, Reminds me of Aaron Donald and will be great in this scheme

3) Joe Mixon Oklahoma Eagles take a chance they love his potential

3) Dion Dawkins Temple Guard

4) Eddie Jackson FS Alabama

4) Dave Webb QB Cal

5) Corn Elder Miami
physical slot Cb

7) Freddie Stevenson FB FSU

This draft class has TREMENDOUS potential and hits every need. I think this offseason is the best scenario

53 Man Roster:

QB-Wentz-Webb
RB-Mixon-Sproles-Smallwood
FB: Stevenson
WR-Cooks- Gordon-Matthews-Green Beckham-Agholar
TE-Ertz-Burton-Celck
LT-Peters,Johnson
LG-Dawkins-Barbre-Gordan
C- Seumalo-Kelce
RG-Brooks-Tobin
RT-Johnson-Vaitai-Barbre
(25)

LE-Curry-Williams
RE-Graham-Smith-McAllister
3T-Cox-Vaeao-Shi!tu
1T-Thomas Allen
MIKE-Hicks-Walker
OLBs-Bradham- Warlliow--Gruger Hill
CB-Bouye ,Webster,Mills-Elder-Smith
FS-Jenkins-Jackson
SS-McLeod-Maragos
(25)

LS-Dornbos
P-Jones
K-Sturgis
(3)

Last edited by DeSean Jackson on Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total
DeSean Jackson

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have 9 mill left over to carry to next year. Cap casualties will be
Peters
Kelce
Celek

we should have 40 million with those cuts with the roster I posted above, plus cap will probably go up 10 mill so make that 50 mill

We will be able to sign Jordan Matthews, Gordon to long term deals and extend Cooks if we wanted to.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Dontari Poe deal...

TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2693536-nfl1000-free-agency-rankings-for-the-2017-dt-market

Quote:
NFL1000 Scores

Snap Explosion: 16.8/25
Pass Rush: 15.1/25
Run Defense: 16.9/25
Tackling: 12/15
Positional Value: 7/10
Overall: 67.5/100
2016 NFL1000 Defensive Tackle Rank: 25/99

If there was a player to label as "buyer beware," it's Dontari Poe. Poe has played an absurd amount of snaps over his career. The wear and tear really started to show in his game this past season. He didn't flash the same freakish athleticism that made him a top-11 pick in 2012 and his pass rush got worse as the campaign progressed.

It's fair to wonder if the back issues from the early portion of Poe's career have caught up with him. He's carrying a lot of weight (346 lbs) week in and week out; even though he'll only be 27 at the start of the season, his best football is probably behind him.

He still offers solid two-down ability as a run-stopper. For a team to get the most out of Poe, his snap count will have to be decreased as a part of a rotation. Nailing down a location for Poe is difficult, but Atlanta and Indianapolis having former Kansas City personnel people in their front office could be an advantage for him.

Doug's Quick Take

Last season was the first time since Poe's rookie campaign of 2012 that he wasn't an every-down, every-play factor, and it's indeed possible that he's just gassed after a bunch of high-rep years. However, he still had seven quarterback hits and 23 quarterback hurries in 2016, so there's a chance that, perhaps with a little weight lost and a little more wisdom applied to his snap count, he can be a highly impactful player. There's also a good chance that he won't get the free-agent money he seeks.

For comparisons they have Logan as the 30th best DT last year. Poe at this stage doesn't offer much more than Logan does for us and you would be giving Poe almost 14 million a year, meanwhile Logan will probably only command half of that.

If the Eagles aren't planning to bring Bennie back, then I can guarantee you they aren't going to shell out a huge contract to Poe.

At least I hope they aren't stupid enough to do something like that.

And, if you don't believe the guy who scouted his play for that NFL 1000 project Bleacher Report did, then you can take it from a Chiefs writer.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/2/27/14723156/dontari-poe-film-review-what-does-he-do-and-whats-he-worth
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been pimping Lattimore for a while as the top guy for us, but assuming his combine medical checks out he isn't making it to 14. I think the Titans take him at 5. I forget which reporter said it, but the Titans are apparently looking for defense at 5 and offense at 18. Marshon is commonly mocked to Tennessee as it makes a lot of sense. Assuming they don't go QB the team right behind the Titans in the Jets is a prime candidate to take Lattimore.
DeSean Jackson

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
I have been pimping Lattimore for a while as the top guy for us, but assuming his combine medical checks out he isn't making it to 14. I think the Titans take him at 5. I forget which reporter said it, but the Titans are apparently looking for defense at 5 and offense at 18. Marshon is commonly mocked to Tennessee as it makes a lot of sense. Assuming they don't go QB the team right behind the Titans in the Jets is a prime candidate to take Lattimore.

Thanks for the feedback, fixed it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeSean Jackson wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:

No problem man.

I would love to bring in Bouye. Gilmore would be cool too.

Solomon Thomas is an interesting pick for the Eagles. It isn't one you often see.

I'm guessing you have him playing LDE and then kicking inside to play like as a 3T on passing downs?
DeSean Jackson

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
DeSean Jackson wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:

No problem man.

I would love to bring in Bouye. Gilmore would be cool too.

Solomon Thomas is an interesting pick for the Eagles. It isn't one you often see.

I'm guessing you have him playing LDE and then kicking inside to play like as a 3T on passing downs?

I think he can gain 10 pounds and play dt z Donald plays at 285., Thomas can do all the stunts, and he has a bunch of pass rushing moves. but yeah I see him kicking outside on first down to take currys spot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But all I'm trying to do with the 14th pick is take BPA, I think I did a good job filling the needs in free agency. A player I really want and I know it's not really a need is Oj Howard. I think he's going to be a phenomenal player. I also like cook a lot.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Thomas falls that far, would love it if he did. I also don't think he's a 3 tech in any situation, we have Cox for that.

Not sure how I feel about a rookie backing up our 2nd year QBotF. Definitely not a fan of Webb either.

Elder has been in 80% of mocks around here. I don't think he holds up in the slot for more than a couple seasons.

Love the idea of Gordon but besides waiting on reinstatement we have to wait and see what Cleveland will do. I believe he's still a RFA.
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oh, look a new mock!"
"He thinks we are getting a 3rd for Chase Daniel?"

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
Danger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
"Oh, look a new mock!"

This

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bouye has not proven himself enough for me. One good year, been burned so many times at corner it doesn't feel right to me.

Dawkins and Dixon are excellent picks.

Thomas is good but not really interested in him. If we DE Derek Barnett or Takkarist McKinney's is my opinion
FerrisBueller

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sold me on Cooks and Gordon.
DeJack_10

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danger wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:
"Oh, look a new mock!"

This

x2

Dammit EaglesPeteC, was gonna point out the same lol. Howie has pulled off some crazy stuff, but I don't even see us getting a 5th. I really like the rest, minus the Poe addition.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: