Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft Thread: ** Draft Day Decorum on p.1 **
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcticNorseman wrote:

6th and 7th Rounds are wildcard picks . . . could be K, P, QB and Safety, maybe more O-line if guys like Aviante Collins are available. I do believe in the UDFA process and am curious how much interest the Vikes have shown in prospects lumped into that group. I few guys I'd like to see get a chance are:

- Gabe Marks, WR, WSU (if he slips this far)
- Zach Johnson, OG, NDSU
- Jimmie Gilbert, OLB, Colorado
- Michael Davis, CB, BYU
- Jordon Simmons, OG, USC (appears to be quite injury prone)

QB | Chad Kelly | Ole Miss
RB | Rushel Shell III | West Virginia
WR | Travin Dural | LSU
WR/TE | Bug Howard | North Carolina
OT | Storm Norton | Toledo
LB | Jalen Reeves-Maybin | Tennessee
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boda wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
Boda wrote:
Julie'n Davenport. I still like him as a prospect but he isn't as close to being ready as I initially thought. I wanted him in the 2nd/3rd but now he's more of a 4th/5th type of prospect..

What honestly makes him any better or different than Clemmings. Clemmings is a better athlete and they both came with the same issues in college except Davenport played at a lower level?

He is my stay away guy from this draft.

That's fine and I respect your opinion, I know you're one of the people around here who does their own scouting but I have to disagree.

I never liked Clemmings as a prospect, I've said this before here and I think we've had this exact conversation before earlier this year but I remember when a lot of people around here were touting Clemmings as a possible 1st round choice and I wasn't happy saying thats way too early for a OG and thats exactly what I viewed Clemmings as coming out and I've seen absolutely nothing from his play to change my opinion. Now for Davenport I see an OT who needs some grooming, maybe thats not something our team can do but that doesn't change the fact that I see a player who can be a good future OT in this league.

There is no doubt I also had Clemmings at a guard, but the biggest reason I pushed many players like him up is the same reason we see these guys getting pushed up this year because of position flexability, but never would have thrown him in as a 1st round pick.

I still do to this day believe Clemmings would of been fine at guard, something he was working on until injuries forced him to move outside and eventually star.

I just don't see it when Davenport, but I don't ever see him have the ability to switch inside. He reaches and extends the arm way to early though the process which tend to get players off balance, something you see with him a lot. Balance is a big trait that is something that is hard to "fix" while entering the NFL. Something that usually doesn't get fixed.

A big way to fix it is moving them inside where they don't get the option to see that "reaching". Clemmings has never had an issue with those power rushers. You never saw guys blow through him in college, Davenport on the other hand was a complete struggle. Bull rushed constantly and that also throws him off balance. Biggest reason why you are not seeing him inside the first 4 rounds. Clemmings there was always the hope if he wouldn't work outside you could move him inside, Davenport you just can't do that with his size.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
disaacs wrote:
Both have been dropping down the boards but Moton has generally dropped further than Feeney. Moton ranked higher several months ago

Huh? Early Feeney was ranked as the #1 overall interior lineman. I've never seen Moton ranked higher.

Feeney a couple months ago was an easy lock for a 1st round pick.. I still see no way he last until #48.

You must be looking elsewhere than I have, because I've never seen, at any point, Feeney ever being considered a 1st round pick. He's always been a 2nd round pick as far as the places I've seen. It was only the question of where Forrest Lamp was going to be selected, as he's always been #1 since I've been looking (which was probably sometime in early February).

Well I mean that was kind of the issue. I meant before that.
I was thinking early as in pre-senior bowl. Closer to the end of the season type early.

Lamp was never really being that heavily looked at by the high scouts as a interior lineman until his senior bowl numbers did actually come in as a little short and short arms. Eventually that did bump Feeney out of the #1 G position.

Feeney still receives a 1st round grade from most of these mock drafters and scouts, it is just a question on where all these freak athletes end up going. I absolutely would not be shocked to see Feeney go day one yet. If Lamp is off the board before the Falcons selection, he is my #1 pick for the Falcons.

-Dan Gable
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purplexing wrote:
Here's a different question than what has been discussed lately...

How have your projections of collegiate players changed over the last few months?
Which players were you thinking Spielman should draft in round 2 or 3, but which are now off 'your board'?

Which position (e.g. UT, RB, WR, S, etc.) has risen on 'your board', and why?

My grades don't change, projections to where players will be drafted to tho according to team needs, fits, and typical drafting style. Some players do move around a little bit depending on guys I never had the shot of watching much of other than when watching other players. My board never has really changed for the Vikings.

As for positions rising a 3-tech has really been the only one that rose because of the little bit of news on Floyd. From my first looks I thought we would have a shot at Floyd for one more year, a shot to see him go back at it at full health. Now we don't even know if he will play. Outside that I still look at G, and RB as our two biggest needs.

-Dan Gable
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
byuvike88 wrote:
Man just reading throught the last few pages you can tell this forum is pretty split on a lot of different things as far as needs/wants in the draft. Should make Friday night and Saturday morning pretty interesting on here

there really isn't a position where a 2nd/3rd round pick would be a terrible pick.

Exactly my thought. I am really fine with just about any position picked as long as we aren't making some wild reach of a pick that doesn't make sense.

Quarterback would be the only spot where I would question the pick unless Mahomes, Kizer, Trubisky, or Watson somehow fall. I think I would understand the selection.

Even a CB wouldn't make me furious depending on who the selection would be. I wouldn't like it, but this class has so much talent in it at CB I can see why they would want one of these top guys if one were to fall. For all we know Rhodes could want out someday, we still haven't seen 100% of Waynes, and really who knows what could happen with Alexander. If they all pan out and we select one at least we could say we have one of the deepest CB groups in the NFL, something every team hopes for.

-Dan Gable
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:
there really isn't a position where a 2nd/3rd round pick would be a terrible pick.

Exactly my thought. I am really fine with just about any position picked as long as we aren't making some wild reach of a pick that doesn't make sense.

Kicker, punter, long snapper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:

Well to be fair, that would be listed as "some wild reach"...

really was leaning toward trying to select some guard way to early in the second because of a "need" or any of the other positions.

-Dan Gable
byuvike88

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcticNorseman wrote:
6th and 7th Rounds are wildcard picks . . . could be K, P, QB and Safety, maybe more O-line if guys like Aviante Collins are available. I do believe in the UDFA process and am curious how much interest the Vikes have shown in prospects lumped into that group. I few guys I'd like to see get a chance are:

- Gabe Marks, WR, WSU (if he slips this far)
- Zach Johnson, OG, NDSU
- Jimmie Gilbert, OLB, Colorado
- Michael Davis, CB, BYU
- Jordon Simmons, OG, USC (appears to be quite injury prone)

Man going into this year i was so excited for Davis. He has great size for a CB at 6'2" and seemed to come into his own in 2015, but this last year he looked lost in the new defense. He would be in the right spot a lot of the time, but then would go alll Christ Cook on the bit. I would like to maybe add him in the 7th or as an UDFA and see what the coaches could do with him, because he has a lot of tools.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:

MN has drafted skill positions heavily with early picks. I'd be dissapointed if a skill position player is taken in round two. We've gone overboard with CBs, and WRs over the years, taken a QB early, I really think it's time to shore up the trenches on each side of the ball.

I think a CB or WR would be bad picks in rounds two or three.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, another draft... no comment on odds of it happening

MINNESOTA VIKINGS
R2P16 - G FORREST LAMP - WESTERN KENTUCKY
R3P15 - G DION DAWKINS - TEMPLE
R3P22 - S MARCUS MAYE - FLORIDA
R4P13 - CB SIDNEY JONES - WASHINGTON
R4P21 - RB D'ONTA FOREMAN - TEXAS
R5P16 - WR JOSH MALONE - TENNESSEE
R6P15 - LB BEN GEDEON - MICHIGAN
R7P14 - EDGE DYLAN DONAHUE - WEST GEORGIA

R2P16 - DL CHRIS WORMLEY - MICHIGAN
R3P22 - WR COOPER KUPP - EASTERN WASHINGTON
R4P13 - C ETHAN POCIC - LSU
R4P21 - S EDDIE JACKSON - ALABAMA
R5P16 - RB BRIAN HILL - WYOMING
R7P14 -EDGE HUNTER DIMICK - UTAH

Last edited by CriminalMind on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
byuvike88

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
Yes, another draft... no comment on odds of it happening

MINNESOTA VIKINGS
R2P16 - G FORREST LAMP - WESTERN KENTUCKY
R3P22 - S MARCUS MAYE - FLORIDA
R4P13 - CB SIDNEY JONES - WASHINGTON
R4P21 - RB D'ONTA FOREMAN - TEXAS
R5P16 - WR JOSH MALONE - TENNESSEE
R7P14 - EDGE DYLAN DONAHUE - WEST GEORGIA

Now way tha... just kidding. That would be awesome

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are your top 5 draft prospects you want to see in purple?

WR Ishmael Zamora Baylor

S Josh Harvey-Clemons Louisville

TE Bucky Hodges Virginia Tech

LB Alex Anzalone Florida

RB Chris Carson Oklahoma State
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G - Forrest Lamp [Western Kentucky]
WR - Chris Godwin [Penn State]
DT - Chris Wormley [Michigan]
OL - Taylor Moton [Western Michigan]
RB - Joe Mixon [Oklahoma - as an on the field player]

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
Boda

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeithVikings28 wrote:

WR Ishmael Zamora Baylor

LB Alex Anzalone Florida

Realistic or unrealistic?

You most likely want some sort of realism so I'll just mention that I would probably shed a tear if Corey Davis ended up a Viking. It's not realistic at all without a trade up and we just won't trade up for a WR. He's just someone I've wanted for over 2 years and to see him continue to develop was nice.

Anyways
- Taylor Moton - OT - Western Michigan

- Malik McDowell - DT - Michigan St

- Kevin King - CB - Washington

- TJ Watt - LB - Wisconsin

- Ethan Pocic - OL - LSU

- Julie'n Davenport - OT - Bucknell

- Tanoh Kpassagnon - DE - Villanova

I listed 7 because King & McDowell we most likely won't come close without a trade up. The other guys I feel are realistic options throughout the draft
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boda wrote:
KeithVikings28 wrote:

WR Ishmael Zamora Baylor

LB Alex Anzalone Florida

Realistic or unrealistic?

You most likely want some sort of realism so I'll just mention that I would probably shed a tear if Corey Davis ended up a Viking. It's not realistic at all without a trade up and we just won't trade up for a WR. He's just someone I've wanted for over 2 years and to see him continue to develop was nice.

Anyways
- Taylor Moton - OT - Western Michigan

- Malik McDowell - DT - Michigan St

- Kevin King - CB - Washington

- TJ Watt - LB - Wisconsin

- Ethan Pocic - OL - LSU

- Julie'n Davenport - OT - Bucknell

- Tanoh Kpassagnon - DE - Villanova

I listed 7 because King & McDowell we most likely won't come close without a trade up. The other guys I feel are realistic options throughout the draft

A blend of both. I like later round guys that have the potential. McDowell would be perfect for the defense.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 48 of 59

Jump to: