Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft Thread: ** Draft Day Decorum on p.1 **
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:38 am    Post subject: 2017 Draft Thread: ** Draft Day Decorum on p.1 ** Reply with quote

Well we've reached the home stretch for the draft. On Thursday when the Draft begins, rpmwr19 will be acting as master of ceremonies again, and that will entail:

Arrow He will create a thread for each round and will be ensuring that discussion in the thread is kept to that round. In these threads he will also keep track of the selections of each round.

Arrow When the Vikings make a selection, he will create a thread for the new Viking. A skeleton format will be posted as the OP and that will be edited to include pertinent information about that player. If you have something you want included, feel free to post it in the thread or PM it to me.

Arrow Should the Vikings make a trade, he will maintain a trade thread with up to date information. All trades will be posted in that thread. Others are welcome to link information to the trades and I will continuously update the OP.

Since the draft brings the highest site volume of the year it's important that no one else create these threads, so people coming to the site can get the information as quickly as possible.

On that note, I would suggest that members switch over to the subsilver format option for the site as it loads quicker than the standard version. I know some that have kept the subsilver version beyond that as they prefer it. To do this:

Quote:
Arrow Go to your profile
Arrow Scroll down to the board style drop down menu (it's near the bottom and set between the language and time zone menus)
Arrow Select subsilver

The index page will also be different during the draft, so I suggest bookmarking the Vikings page specifically, and coming straight to the source!

Does anyone have any questions, or things that I missed?

oh yeah... No Twitter Spoilers, Please!!

Thanks and happy drafting!

Last edited by Heimdallr on Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthCountryEvo wrote:
The more I look at Garett Bolles, the more I like him. Two biggest knocks on him I tend to see are his age, and only having one year in the FBS, but it seems like both problems can be answered away. While being old, he has considerably less wear and tear on his body since he went on a mission and was not conducting football activities. Also, he played very well against some top competition last year. Personally, I think he could come out of this class as the best tackle. His age also doesn't scare me, because despite being 25, good offensive lineman can play well into their 30's, and there is no reason why we couldn't get 8-10 great years out of him.

Question is what do you guys think of him, and do you think we will have the opportunity to take him with our pick in the 2nd round? I personally have seen him mocked in the middle of the first all the way to the bottom of the 2nd. To me, if he makes it to our pick, I'd almost call him a no-brainer.

I really like Bolles. I think he is one of the best OTs in this class. Not sure if he will be there in the mid-2nd though.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
NorthCountryEvo wrote:
The more I look at Garett Bolles, the more I like him. Two biggest knocks on him I tend to see are his age, and only having one year in the FBS, but it seems like both problems can be answered away. While being old, he has considerably less wear and tear on his body since he went on a mission and was not conducting football activities. Also, he played very well against some top competition last year. Personally, I think he could come out of this class as the best tackle. His age also doesn't scare me, because despite being 25, good offensive lineman can play well into their 30's, and there is no reason why we couldn't get 8-10 great years out of him.

Question is what do you guys think of him, and do you think we will have the opportunity to take him with our pick in the 2nd round? I personally have seen him mocked in the middle of the first all the way to the bottom of the 2nd. To me, if he makes it to our pick, I'd almost call him a no-brainer.

I really like Bolles. I think he is one of the best OTs in this class. Not sure if he will be there in the mid-2nd though.

Really, it would be a matter of if teams are turned off by his age (non-factor in my book due to lineman lasting well into their 30's) or his rocky youth (also I think this is a non-factor since he has become fairly religious, had a surrogate family structure which led him on the right path, he is seeing rewards for staying on the straight path, and he now is married and has a child). I do think that he already could be a first round pick, but his combine performance, and from what I've seen, great interviews, should solidify him in the top 3 tackles of this weak class. If there are two guys that I would be willing to move up into the first for via a trade, it would be Ramczyk or Bolles.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, and I looked and behold, a Pale Horse...

And his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

NSDQ
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zimmer has to be drooling over Malik Hooker's measurements. Wish we still had a 1st...

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: 2017 Draft Thread - Combine Time! Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Just thinking about this as I look at today's combine results. Ran a 4.54 today, while some of the guys you're always raving about ran slower.

This was commenting about Brian Hill at the combine.

To admit, I was pleasantly surprised of what we got out of him. One issue where I said he isn't going to run buy anybody is the fact in games he didn't seem to do so. He actually didn't much. But with all his athletic drills and a little training he may come out to be a good back.

I just don't want the guy on the Packers. He basically fits the mold of all the Packers RB's taken in the draft.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Budda Baker measuring in at 5095... still a baller, but given what Zimmer seems to like out of his safeties it's hard to see him ending up here if he ends up a 2nd round pick.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who missed it, these players have came out and said they have met with us.

QB Brad Kaaya
QB Jerod Evans
OG Forrest Lamp
OG Damien Mama
OG Dan Feeney
RB Alvin Kamara
RB Samaje Perine
OT Taylor Moton
OT Dion Dawkins

-Dan Gable
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Godwin is having a very good combine.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure glad we don't need a QB this year. They almost all look bad.
Maybe the second group will prove me wrong.

Bradford looking like a steal at this moment.

-Dan Gable
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S Josh Harvey-Clemons LOU

Ht. 6'4"
Wt. 217lbs
Hand. 10 3/8"
Arm. 35 3/8"

I fully expect him to be on Zimmer's radar.

Last edited by KeithVikings28 on Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB Cordrea Tankersley CLEM

Ht. 6'1"
Wt. 199lbs.
Hand. 9 1/8
Arm. 32 1/4

Last edited by KeithVikings28 on Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeithVikings28 wrote:
Josh Harvey-Clemons LOU

Ht. 6'4"
Wt. 217lbs
Hand. 10 3/8"
Arm. 35 3/8"

I fully expect him to be on Zimmer's radar.

To bad he won't do any of the drills. I would of liked to see some of him.

-Dan Gable
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeithVikings28 wrote:
Josh Harvey-Clemons LOU

Ht. 6'4"
Wt. 217lbs
Hand. 10 3/8"
Arm. 35 3/8"

what positions do these guys play?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
KeithVikings28 wrote:
Josh Harvey-Clemons LOU

Ht. 6'4"
Wt. 217lbs
Hand. 10 3/8"
Arm. 35 3/8"

He could probably fit in at safety here. He really isn't far off of a Jayron Kearse. A little more athletic, better knowledge of the field.

-Dan Gable
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:
KeithVikings28 wrote:
Josh Harvey-Clemons LOU

Ht. 6'4"
Wt. 217lbs
Hand. 10 3/8"
Arm. 35 3/8"

He could probably fit in at safety here. He really isn't far off of a Jayron Kearse. A little more athletic, better knowledge of the field.

A lot more physical than Kearse though.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 1 of 59

Jump to: