Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Frosti 3rd and Final Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xlfrosti

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Frosti 3rd and Final Mock Reply with quote

CUTS/ NOT RESIGNED

QB - Mike Glennon - Reports came out that he mite get 13-15m a year from a team. I don't care about losing him as a backup. Yes it sucks but we can always sign on or have Griffen be the back up. Another plus when he goes we should get a good comp pick out of it.

WR - Vincent Jackson - We all know that it is time for him to retire and I can see that happening this offseason. He has done good for us since signing his 5 year deal but it is time to let go and have a nice retirement.

OT - Gosder Cherilus - We all saw and the world saw how bad this guy played on Sunday night vs Dallas. He got abused in that game giving up sacks and pressure that secured a win for Dallas.

S - Chris Conte - Again I think we all can see this coming. He played decent the first couple of games but then went down hill got injured and never started from there. Tandy did a good job in replacing him and we can let this guy go.

CB Alterraun Verner - Already released.

Other Cuts
WR Cecil Shorts
C Joe Hawley
TE Brandon Myers
WR - Donteaa Dye
WR Josh Huff

RESIGNED

RB - Doug Martin -I know this wouldn't be a resign but it's more of keeping him. I think in the end we keep him and see how he plays out next year. I know he is suspend for 3 - 4 games at the beginning of the season but Rodgers came in and play well for him.

DE - Will Gholston - The more I look into it the more I see us resigning him. I now think he won't get a huge contract going in to FA and getting him back would be key for us, for the depth at DE. Great run stuffer doesn't offer much in pass rushing.

TE - Cameron Brate
- I think we all saw this season how much Winston loved targeting Brate. We need to get him back on a good contract and not help him go.

WR - Adam Humphries - Yes I think we need some more weapons for Winston and resigning Humphries is one of the things we need to do this offseason. Adding him and a couple more WR have to be done.

RB - Jacquizz Rodgers - Rodgers played well in the games that he did start when Martin was out. I think we, just like WR grab a couple of RB this offseason.

LB Daryl Smith - Comes back on a 1 year deal like he signed last year.

S - Bradley McDougald
CB - Jude Adjei-Barimah
DT - Akeem Spence
LS - Andre DePaola
CB - Josh Robinson
OLB - Adarious Glanton
WR - Donteaa Dye
DE - Ryan Russell
DE Jacquies Smith
WR Russell Shepard

Free Agents

Brandon Marshall, WR, Jets

Quote:
Some people will say yes other won't want him. I'm thinking this could be the signing of the FA that takes us to the playoffs. We need another WR across from Evans and why not have a guy almost the exactly same size as Evans. Now Evans will get paid here soon so Marshall shouldn't be paid more then Evans. Marshall has his concerns whether is was the injury or what some people will say (Cancer in the locker room.) I just think it would be a good idea to add someone like Marshall to this team. He has posted 1,000 yards in 8 of the 10 season he has been in.

Nick Mangold, C, Jets

Quote:
Another Jet? Mangold mite be 33 years old and has some injury concern but that shouldn't take away the fact that this guy is one of the best Center in the NFL. I have been seeing around the forums that signing this guy to a 2 year deal for plug in and drafting someone he can teach is a good idea and I say why not. Are Center play was one of the worst (3rd worst in fact) I think getting Mangold to teach the young guys would be a excellent idea.

Johnathan Hankins, NT, Giants

Quote:
We need to get a running mate with McCoy he can't be doing everything on his own. Hankins has had his injuries with the torn pect but at only 25 I think we can grab him here and place him next to McCoy. He isn't to bad at run defense but he is best at getting pressure on the opposing QBs.

Jelani Jenkins, OLB, Dolphins

Quote:
I think bringing in Jenkins to get taught by Smith would be a good idea and the fact Jenkins will only be 25 next year I like the idea of him coming in. Jenkins didn't have a great year this year but that has to do with the knee injury he subtended the past year. Before that in 2014 he did a pretty good job with 110+ tackles along with 3.5 sacks. I think he needs a new team and environment.

DRAFT

With our 1st Round Pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Select Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford

Quote:
Again some will agree with it others won't. I think this is what we need to improve that lack of explosion on offense. McCaffrey didn't fare well on bench at the combine only getting 10 but running his 40 time in 4.48 and on field skills really shows that this kid has it. Getting Dougie back along with Rodgers and now having McCaffrey is key for this offense. Doug will be out for 3-4 games like I said but McCaffrey and Rodgers can be the duo until he gets back. McCaffrey stats last year were excellent and he was the team. His Junior year stats were 253 carries for 1,603 yards along with 13 Td's to go with that he also had 37 Receptions with 310 yards and 3 Td's. His Sophomore year was even better then his Junior totaling 2,019 rushing yards on 337 carries with 8 Td's also getting 45 receptions for 645 yards and 5 Td's. This kid is the receiving threat we need out of the backfield and also that running threat to go along with Doug and Rodgers.

With our 2nd Round Pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Select Zay Jones, WR, East Carolina

Quote:
Getting weapons for Winston is a MUST!!. After the showing this kid pupt on in the senior bowl I am liking him more and more. I think he will show up at the combine to make his stock even higher then it has gone up. Jones mite haven't played elite competition in his college years but he produced one of the greatest statistics career in college football. In his 4 years of starting for ECU he has 399 receptions, 4,279 receiving yards, 23 Td's. That's pretty amazing. He isn't the tallest out of the bunch but standing 6'2 isn't short. I think his 40 time will be a key for his stock.

With our 3rd Round Pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Select Eddie Jackson, S, Alabama

Quote:
Getting a Safety this offseason is a must. I would have loved to get Berry but he signed his contract to stay with the Chiefs. Getting Jackson in the 3rd would be good for the competition at the safety spot with McDougald there. I think Jackson will pull it out and take over that spot. Jackson was hurt on the year with a broken leg but before that he was dominate at the Safety position. He not only returned a INT for a TD but he also returned 2 punts for TD's. I would welcome him in.

With our 4th Round Pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Select Tarell Basham, DE, Ohio

Quote:
Most people don't know this guy. I did a little research on him and came away from some good stuff. Basham mite not have been vs the best talent when playing for the Bobcats but he produced 40 TFL, 28.5 sacks vs his competition. He size (6'4, 270) isn't the biggest but he isn't the smallest either. Put him behind Ayers and Spence and let him learn. He is that pass rushing DE that we need behind Ayers.

With our 5th Round Pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Select Eric Saubert, TE, Drake

Quote:
We have more glaring needs and this TE class is stacked this year. So we will end up getting someone in the later rounds that can contribute. Not many people know about this kid because he comes from a smaller school in Drake. This kid is tall at 6'5 not so big at his height at 250 but he has the speed and receiving skills that we would like. At the Senior Bowl scouts were raving on his speed skills and he separation. Why not get someone like Brate and have him teach about blocking skills.

With our 6th Round Pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Select Caleb Peterson, G/C, North Carolina

Quote:
These last couple of picks are just depth wise. Getting depth along the O-line is key.

With our 7th Round Pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Select Patrick Towles, QB, Boston College

Quote:

Some mite say why drafted a backup QB well I say why not? Losing Glennon suck for backup QB but we should get a good draft pick out of it. Right now of the roster we have Griffin and that's it. Towles will come in and compete for the backup to Winston. Towles started his career with Kentucky but grad transfer to Boston College. Towles has the size for a QB at 6-5 253. This is just mainly for a QB backup.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glennon won't net us a comp pick if we spend big in FA. DePaola will probably get an injury settlement and walk. Otherwise, it looks good.

Adopt-a-Buc Mike Evans 96 RECs 1,321 YDs 12 TDs
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For starters were much better off trying to resign Vincent Jackson than signing Brandon Marshall. I also read in pewter report fab 5 is don't expect the Bucs to go after Marshall or mangold. Or Adrian Peterson. If they look at a receiver it'll be a guy who can take the top off a defense. So yes think D Jackson, Terrance Williams type. Or look in the draft.

Everyone's new love is McCaffery via combine. I don't think he can handle the punishment at the NFL level. Is a do it all back in college? Yes. But he took a beating last year and isn't the biggest guy and led to injury. To me you only take a running back in round 1 who is a stud and elite prospect. One is coming out next year in Barkley. That is a first round back. Zeke Elliot is a first round back. This class is loaded with good running backs and deep with good backs. Why take one here when you can go best player available?

I'm ok with the Jackson pick. There's better options than zay jones in round 2. I question his speed which is what we're looking for to compliment Jackson.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: