You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

College Football Prospects and Mock Draft Discussion v.5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mind Character

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some quick(lol) thoughts after today's combine:

1. Don't trade the #12 pick. With Hooker and Corey Davis not running before the draft due to injury, as well as Leonard Fournette maybe disappointing the idiots in some front offices (although it's unlikely FO ppl care nothing surprises me), the likelihood that one of them will fall to 12 may be increasing. Also, Mike Williams might run high 4.5s or low 4.6s pushing him down to 12 b/c FO ppl are idiots as well.

2. It's full blown insanity season...here's a headline: "Alvin Kamara disappoints with 4.56 forty time." Hahaha....like it matters...freaking ridiculous

3. Jamal Adams can run a 4.8...it means nothing. Fournette can jump 28....it means nothing. Mike Williams can run 4.69....it means nothing

4. I think it's time we start feeling good about this draft crop. Seriously. We have smart guys in the FO and coaches that know what traits prospects must possess. I really think these guys will make the right decisions.
In my mind, there are definitively better and more elite prospects, but there is only 3 ways to lose this draft and that is by drafting Trubisky, Mahomes, Deshaun Watson, and Davis Webb in the first 2 rounds....it's really that simple. Reaching on a developmental QB in the first 2 rounds means you don't take one in the first two rounds next year and sets you back 3 to 4 years as you wait to develop them. This was iterated by Ozzie Newsome today in an interesting interview about drafting QBs. Also asked if you look at the crop in the next few years to which he said "Why wouldnt you if you need a QB, but you go with your eyes open knowing the limitations of what looking ahead can and can't tell you--there are no guarantees." Sashi and Paul know this and so does Andrew Berry.

In the first round look at this talent pool and just take 2. a Mike williams and OJ Howard combo would be a trillion times better than Garret and Trubisky/Watson. Don't reach for the QB

1. Myles Garrett
2. Jamal Adams
3. Malik Hooker
4. Deshone Kizer
5. Leonard Fournette
6. Solomon Thomas
7. Jonathan Allen
8. Mike Williams
9. Corey Davis
10. OJ Howard
11. David Njoku
12. Forrest Lamp
13. Takk Mckinley (I know he's a 34 prospect, but he's just so special that I'd be willing to chance it by having him balk up and be a 43 DE)
14. Derek Barnett (know the combine weight says 34OLB but his movement dynamics say 43DE all day)
15. Reuben Foster
16. Cam Robinson
17. Jabrill Peppers

WE'RE GOING TO BE OKAY LADIES AND GENTLEMAN....the margin for error is so large. Just don't take Mahomes, Trub, or Watson or Webb...

4. Davis Webb can whip the ball and look statuesque in gym shorts....it means nothing. He is the most inaccurate passer I've seen in recent years when it comes to drive throws. On the opposite side of the spectrum, he is one of the best deep sideline touch throwers I've ever seen. Does not have good pocket awareness. People see the body, his pocket stature, and the truly special deep touch throws when he drops it in the bucket. For those claiming how good he is, please watch more than 3 games if you can. He sprays the ball all over the place. He's Geno Smith. Geno threw one of the best deep touch and deep sideline balls in the last 15 years and Davis' is even better imo. That all means nothing when it comes to Davis Webb being a viable 2nd rder. In the 4th, fine. But if he goes in the 2nd I'lll be disgusted. Ball placement is terrible.

5. Watched 7 of the Mahomes games i missed. He is too much of a projection to be considered before round 3. Amazing arm talent...really rare...that means nothing when it comes to everything else you need to succeed. Would love him in the 3rd although he'll probably go in the 2nd

6. Get excited. We have ppl that will make the right decisons.
(5/22/17) '18 QB1s: 1. Sam Darnold, 2. Luke Falk, 3. Josh Allen, 4. Josh Rosen, 5. Riley Ferguson, 6. Baker Mayfield / FS1s: 1. Armani Watts, 2. Godwin Igwebuike, 3. Jordan Whitehead / SS1: 1. Derwin James / CB1s: 1.T. McFadden, 2. M. Fitzpatrick
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bosko1616

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I truly hope Tyrod Taylor becomes available to give these young guys Watson,Kizer,Trub atleast a year to digest the NFL. They are awhile away from being legitimate starters and I fear we'll have to use 12 on one of them.
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more time passes, the more I like DeShaun Watson

I think he will be a Dak Prescott + a few more INTs.

This is not based on anything but a feeling. I would be okay to trade up into the bottom of the first for him.

Ideally him at 33 but I wouldnt be upset if we went up to 21-25 range for im.

Peace!!!

If you're referring to fingers on his glove, the answer is yes.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiogenius wrote:

This is not based on anything but a feeling. I would be okay to trade up into the bottom of the first for him.

Ideally him at 33 but I wouldnt be upset if we went up to 21-25 range for im.

You probably just need to fart, then that feeling will go away

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FA
Terrell Pryor WR
Kevin Zeitler G
Logan Ryan CB
Duron Harmon FS
TJ McDonald SS
Kyle Juszczyk FB

Watson falls to the chiefs where they take him. We swoop in and trade a 3rd round pick for him. To be our vet QB release RG3

1. Myles Garrett DE
Trade down with Bucs for 19 and a 2nd
1. Mitch Trubisky QB
2. Alvin Kamara RB
2. Justin Evans SS
2. Ethan Pocic C
3. Traded for Alex Smith QB
4. Duke Riley OLB
4. Gerald Everett TE
4. Noah Brown WR

QB - Smith,Trubisky,Kessler
RB - Kamara,Crow,Duke,Jackson
FB - Juszczyk
WR - Pryor,Coleman,Louis,Brown,Higgins,Payton,Alford
TE - Barnidge, Devalve, Everett
OL - Thomas, Bitonio, Pocic, Zeitler, Coleman

DL - Garrett,Shelton,Dez,Ogbah
OLB - Kirksey, Collins, Riley
CB - Haden, Ryan, Taylor, BBC
S - McDonald, Harmon, Evans.
MarkPrice25

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admit, I'm warming up to the idea of trading for AJ McCarron. Especially if Hue wants him. There won't be any learning curve, he already knows the offense. If Cinci's willing to part with him, I'd give it a very strong consideration.
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
poorbytehshore wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
Shocked McCaffery posted a 6.57 three cone drill Shocked

If his 200 pound frame holds up...he will be a straight stud in the NFL.

edit...probably goes to Patriots at the bottom of the first.... Rolling Eyes

Perfect fit for them. I could imagine them getting McCaffrey and Switzer.

The white offensive skill player to New England is the laziest mock draft meme ever.

Never mind that their skills perfectly translate to their offensive scheme. I'm not advocating Peyton Hillis or Toby Gerhart to them. It's nothing to do with race.
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Ruben Foster got sent home from the combine for getting in an argument with a hospital worker.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/alabama-lb-reuben-foster-top-10-prospect-sent-home-from-nfl-combine-after-incident-042735396.html

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
buno67

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiogenius wrote:

Dak in college didn't throw a lot of INTs, so not really surprised he didn't throw a lot in the NFL.

Watson is going to throw more than Dak. I see Watson being a double digit pick thrower. He was that kind of QB in college and won't be able to use his legs to save him like he was able to in college, so I see him forcing the ball even more in the NFL.
candyman93

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:
Adding some detail to Reuben Foster incident which led to his dismissal from combine, per source...

Quote:
Foster grew impatient with long line for exams... pulled the 'do you know who I am?' card.

Quote:
A male hospital employee, unimpressed, told him he would wait like everyone else.

Quote:
Foster warned the man that he'd put hands on him, and the employee said, simply, Do it.

Quote:
That's when the "face to face, heated exchange" happened, as Schefter reported.

Per Robert Klemko

Working in the medical field, I would've told his [inappropriate/removed] the same thing.

What a moron.
candyman93

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not surprised though. Have you heard Bama players talk? They're entitled and blamed officiating when they lost to Clemson.
candyman93

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik Hooker has gigantic hands. They're the same size as Gronks. Shocked
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkPrice25 wrote:
I admit, I'm warming up to the idea of trading for AJ McCarron. Especially if Hue wants him. There won't be any learning curve, he already knows the offense. If Cinci's willing to part with him, I'd give it a very strong consideration.

Not for a 2 bro, sorry
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:
Adding some detail to Reuben Foster incident which led to his dismissal from combine, per source...

Quote:
Foster grew impatient with long line for exams... pulled the 'do you know who I am?' card.

Quote:
A male hospital employee, unimpressed, told him he would wait like everyone else.

Quote:
Foster warned the man that he'd put hands on him, and the employee said, simply, Do it.

Quote:

Per Robert Klemko

Working in the medical field, I would've told his [inappropriate/removed] the same thing.

What a moron.

Yeah, that type of "vip" crap doesn't work at a hospital. We don't care who you are. Everyone gets sick, celebrities aren't uncommon in bigger city hospitals.

All that said, he may slip a bit on draft day, and it may ccost him some cash, but it'll only help him. I'm sure he'll fall to Pittsburg or some other established team and this will be the last bit of bs we hear from him.
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Per Robert Klemko

What a moron.

I-could-not-care-less

Let this turn into a story then let him drop down, I would be perfectly fine with the company line "We are comfortable with where he is". You will get getting a centerfold of a defense, hell, I hope he uses that line against the Steelers, Ravens and Bengals. We need more honory a-holes on this team IMO.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 3 of 100

Jump to: