Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft Prospect Thread II #Weapons4Wentz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jlash

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
Jlash wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
Interviewing Cook and Fournette if you absolutely aren't going RB in the 1st makes no sense

Well, Mel Kiper was on local radio Friday and was asked if the Eagles have a shot at taking Cook at 14, and he said there's a real shot Cook doesn't even get taken in the first round and that people will be surprised by his slide.

Hahah TODD! TODD! TODD! TODD! TODD!

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
Interviewing Cook and Fournette if you absolutely aren't going RB in the 1st makes no sense

Sure it does. This time of year is all about Smoke Screens. If you interview all prospects it makes it harder for other teams to assume who you are targeting and trading up in front of your spot. Right now I doubt anyone outside of the Organization knows what players they are targeting. Is it a WR? CB? RB? DL? OL? All of them could legitimately be on the board as their true targets. Especially if a top prospect drops.

Bird Watch: TE Zach Ertz: 14Gm/ 106Tgt //78 Rec//812 Yds//4 TD//10.5 Y/R
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't look at things in black and white. The Birds are just doing their due diligence. Even if they didn't want to take RB in the first, there's a chance they end up being forced to if the BPA by a mile is a RB and nobody wants to trade to 14. Plus it's not like we don't need one. 14 isn't ideal for this class but it is what it is. We don't control who the BPA is at 14 and can't dictate trade partners.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeSean Jackson wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
We're hosting/hosted Corey Davis, Dalvin Cook, Fournette, and Mike Williams. We've basically hosted all the top offensive skill position prospects besides the TE's (and obviously QB's). Classic smoke screen. We're taking OJ Howard or Caff.

We're taking a corner. Maybe a DE.

In rounds 2 and 3, yes I agree.

Our draft will look like this:

1 Christian McCaffrey RB
2 Kevin King CB
3 Ahkello Witherspoon CB
4 Tanoh Kpassagnon DE/DT
4 Chad Hansen WR
5 George Kittle TE
6 Blair Brown LB
7 Sefo Liufau QB

nah bro andy reid rules only 4 positions matter: QB, OL, CB and DL

Which means we are probably going to take Mahomes. He might be the best value of all those positions at 14.

Andy also wanted Knowshon Moreno in the 1st.

And we will never know if that was really true or not.

Joe Douglas our new draft czar also comes from a background of not taking running backs early. Guy was part of drafting multiple late round rb pro bowlers. Why the hell would he waste a first round pick on a running back? That doesnt even make sense.

not true at all, they drafted Lewis in first round, and Ravens were also looking to trade up for Elliot last season. It's all about the player and how much they love him as a prospect. Also, Lewis 2000-2006 was the starter first round . Rice 2008-2013 2nd round picks, and just last year they wanted to take Elliot. So I get that they value rbs and they will take rbs really high.

Douglas worked for the bears last year they took this kid named Howard in the 5th round he made the pro bowl.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
highboy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
We're hosting/hosted Corey Davis, Dalvin Cook, Fournette, and Mike Williams. We've basically hosted all the top offensive skill position prospects besides the TE's (and obviously QB's). Classic smoke screen. We're taking OJ Howard or Caff.

1 Christian McCaffrey RB
2 Kevin King CB
3 Ahkello Witherspoon CB
4 Tanoh Kpassagnon DE/DT
4 Chad Hansen WR
5 George Kittle TE
6 Blair Brown LB
7 Sefo Liufau QB

Which means we are probably going to take Mahomes. He might be the best value of all those positions at 14.

Joe Douglas our new draft czar also comes from a background of not taking running backs early. Guy was part of drafting multiple late round rb pro bowlers. Why the hell would he waste a first round pick on a running back? That doesnt even make sense.

They have also interviewed Mike Williams, Corey Davis, and John Ross. So if we are going with the thinking that they are legitimately interested and everyone they bring in then it is accurate to assume they are looking hard at wide receiver in the first round as well. And considering that despite our free-agent moves that there is really no one at wide receiver signed beyond this coming season, the Eagles might very well be wise to take one of those three. A strong argument can be made that any of those three could qualify as best player available at 14. But I also go back to what I said previously in this thread that it is dangerous just to assume that good starting caliber corners are going to still be available beyond the first round. It is only going to take one good run at the position before you are left with relatively mediocre talent to pick from later. Fans poo pooing taking a Marlon Humphrey, Conley, or Tabor without trading down first are just being very shortsighted. Most of those corners are graded with a first round grade and shafting yourself out of finally getting starting corners in the draft because you want to haggle over a couple of spots in the first round will kill your franchise.
DeSean Jackson

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
DeSean Jackson wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:

1 Christian McCaffrey RB
2 Kevin King CB
3 Ahkello Witherspoon CB
4 Tanoh Kpassagnon DE/DT
4 Chad Hansen WR
5 George Kittle TE
6 Blair Brown LB
7 Sefo Liufau QB

not true at all, they drafted Lewis in first round, and Ravens were also looking to trade up for Elliot last season. It's all about the player and how much they love him as a prospect.

Joe Douglas was the Director of College Scouting for the Bears last off-season, so he had no influence on anything that Baltimore might have attempted to do in regards to Zeke.

He also likely had absolutely zero influence on the Ravens selection of Jamal Lewis in 2000 as that was the year that Douglas just started working for Baltimore and was in a low ranking position as a Player Personnel Assistant.

Here is a quote about his job duties for that position:
Quote:
Douglas was first hired by Baltimore in 2000, where he worked as a player personnel assis-tant for three years. He was responsible for fall and spring scout-ing assignments, college workouts and draft visit coordination, managing the teamís college video library and assisting the pro personnel department with special teams evaluations of club op-ponents and unrestricted free agents.

The internet is a great tool, my friend, use it.

He says he comes from a background that doesn't draft rbs high, when they did.
Second grade is a good thing to do, maybe you can go back and learn how to read

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

highboy wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:

1 Christian McCaffrey RB
2 Kevin King CB
3 Ahkello Witherspoon CB
4 Tanoh Kpassagnon DE/DT
4 Chad Hansen WR
5 George Kittle TE
6 Blair Brown LB
7 Sefo Liufau QB

They have also interviewed Mike Williams, Corey Davis, and John Ross. So if we are going with the thinking that they are legitimately interested and everyone they bring in then it is accurate to assume they are looking hard at wide receiver in the first round as well. And considering that despite our free-agent moves that there is really no one at wide receiver signed beyond this coming season, the Eagles might very well be wise to take one of those three. A strong argument can be made that any of those three could qualify as best player available at 14. But I also go back to what I said previously in this thread that it is dangerous just to assume that good starting caliber corners are going to still be available beyond the first round. It is only going to take one good run at the position before you are left with relatively mediocre talent to pick from later. Fans poo pooing taking a Marlon Humphrey, Conley, or Tabor without trading down first are just being very shortsighted. Most of those corners are graded with a first round grade and shafting yourself out of finally getting starting corners in the draft because you want to haggle over a couple of spots in the first round will kill your franchise.

Lattimore, Conley, King, White, Awuzie, Witherspoon, Wilson, Tabor, Humphrey, Wilson, Jones, Jackson, Lewis, King, Tankersly, Moreau, Sutton and your telling me at least half won't be there at 43??? Unless a corner is going once in every 2 picks after pick 10 they will there I think your being short sighted on how deep this class is..

Last edited by FlyEaglesFly193 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
DeSean Jackson

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
DeSean Jackson wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:

1 Christian McCaffrey RB
2 Kevin King CB
3 Ahkello Witherspoon CB
4 Tanoh Kpassagnon DE/DT
4 Chad Hansen WR
5 George Kittle TE
6 Blair Brown LB
7 Sefo Liufau QB

not true at all, they drafted Lewis in first round, and Ravens were also looking to trade up for Elliot last season. It's all about the player and how much they love him as a prospect. Also, Lewis 2000-2006 was the starter first round . Rice 2008-2013 2nd round picks, and just last year they wanted to take Elliot. So I get that they value rbs and they will take rbs really high.

Douglas worked for the bears last year they took this kid named Howard in the 5th round he made the pro bowl.

I know he did, but you said he came from a place that didn't value rbs high and didn't draft them in the first. It all matters about the player, because where he came from, values the position highly enough to draft in the first round.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:
highboy wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:

1 Christian McCaffrey RB
2 Kevin King CB
3 Ahkello Witherspoon CB
4 Tanoh Kpassagnon DE/DT
4 Chad Hansen WR
5 George Kittle TE
6 Blair Brown LB
7 Sefo Liufau QB

Lattimore, Conley, King, White, Awuzie, Witherspoon, Wilson, Tabor, Humphrey, Wilson, Jones, Jackson, Lewis, King, Tankersly, Moreau, Sutton and your telling me at least half won't be there at 43??? Unless a corner is going once in every 2 picks after pick 10 they will there I think your being short sighted on how deep this class is..

The gap between a Cameron Sutton and a Conley is pretty wide. If your goal at corner is simply to plug a hole with a guy, sure, it's a deep class. If your goal is to find quality talent that help you win football games....and you're also basing the "depth" off of draft pundits who say there's depth. More then half the players at that position and in fact the whole draft will be busts. Sure we run that risk regardless of what position we draft but its folly arguing for passing on the higher rated corner just because I assume that the corners that will be available later might play just as well.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

highboy wrote:
Fans poo pooing taking a Marlon Humphrey, Conley, or Tabor without trading down first are just being very shortsighted. Most of those corners are graded with a first round grade and shafting yourself out of finally getting starting corners in the draft because you want to haggle over a couple of spots in the first round will kill your franchise.

That is true if you have a firm round 1 grade on a player.

If you don't see them as a first round prospect and you take them anyway at 14, then that is pretty stupid.

The only guy out of those three corners you listed that I would feel comfortable taking at 14 is Conley.

I'd like to take a corner that I think is worth that pick, but I'm not gonna force it and reach for a need. That increases the likelihood of drafting a bust and doing that is what really will kill your franchise.
highboy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
highboy wrote:
Fans poo pooing taking a Marlon Humphrey, Conley, or Tabor without trading down first are just being very shortsighted. Most of those corners are graded with a first round grade and shafting yourself out of finally getting starting corners in the draft because you want to haggle over a couple of spots in the first round will kill your franchise.

That is true if you have a firm round 1 grade on a player.

If you don't see them as a first round prospect and you take them anyway at 14, then that is pretty stupid.

The only guy out of those three corners you listed that I would feel comfortable taking at 14 is Conley.

I'd like to take a corner that I think is worth that pick, but I'm not gonna force it and reach for a need. That increases the likelihood of drafting a bust and doing that is what really will kill your franchise.

Absolutely agree.
FlyEaglesFly193

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

highboy wrote:
FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:
highboy wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:

1 Christian McCaffrey RB
2 Kevin King CB
3 Ahkello Witherspoon CB
4 Tanoh Kpassagnon DE/DT
4 Chad Hansen WR
5 George Kittle TE
6 Blair Brown LB
7 Sefo Liufau QB

The gap between a Cameron Sutton and a Conley is pretty wide. If your goal at corner is simply to plug a hole with a guy, sure, it's a deep class. If your goal is to find quality talent that help you win football games....and you're also basing the "depth" off of draft pundits who say there's depth. More then half the players at that position and in fact the whole draft will be busts. Sure we run that risk regardless of what position we draft but its folly arguing for passing on the higher rated corner just because I assume that the corners that will be available later might play just as well.

Sutton maybe but what I'm getting at is not to reach at 14 for a CB minus Sutton (the only thing that keeps him out is size not ability) the talent gab is very small its one big mosh of players that have their own strengths and weaknesses and the Eagles will have a choice at the very least 8 of those corners to make the best decision on who will fit best. At least 4 will probably be there in round 3 this draft is also deep at DLine and this players will be coming off from the mid 1st through the 2nd same with the RBs

Last edited by FlyEaglesFly193 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
FlyEaglesFly193

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Came to my conclusion on Fabian Moreau CB UCLA like his size, speed, and his press ability. He is too touchy though he will get plenty of flags for PI if he doesn't refine his technique he doesn't trust his feet enough yet not saying he can't be good but he reminds me of Curtis Marsh or Nolan Carroll.. With a ceiling of maybe Ike Taylor?
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeSean Jackson wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
DeSean Jackson wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:

1 Christian McCaffrey RB
2 Kevin King CB
3 Ahkello Witherspoon CB
4 Tanoh Kpassagnon DE/DT
4 Chad Hansen WR
5 George Kittle TE
6 Blair Brown LB
7 Sefo Liufau QB

I know he did, but you said he came from a place that didn't value rbs high and didn't draft them in the first. It all matters about the player, because where he came from, values the position highly enough to draft in the first round.

The ravens drafting a guy in the first before he became a scout matters why? exactly? Oh wait you're dumb and it doesnt.

that was literally a different nfl era when that pick happened before the colts complained about the pats corners being bullies and corners not being able to touch receivers anymore. get back in touch with reality.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
Jlash

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a history of really good RB's being taken outside the 1st round, as much of if not more than any other skill position in the game. Let's be realistic, Joe Douglas had nothing to do with drafting Jamal Lewis, but he was integral in the drafting of Jordan Howard last year, who quietly ran for the 2nd most yards in the game, and they didn't spend the 4th overall pick on him either.

I think Douglas sees value in the RB position for sure, but that value isn't necessarily spending your mid 1st on one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 47 of 55

Jump to: