Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft Prospect Thread II #Weapons4Wentz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 42221
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
We're hosting/hosted Corey Davis, Dalvin Cook, Fournette, and Mike Williams. We've basically hosted all the top offensive skill position prospects besides the TE's (and obviously QB's). Classic smoke screen. We're taking OJ Howard or Caff.



We're taking a corner. Maybe a DE.

In rounds 2 and 3, yes I agree.

Our draft will look like this:

1 Christian McCaffrey RB
2 Kevin King CB
3 Ahkello Witherspoon CB
4 Tanoh Kpassagnon DE/DT
4 Chad Hansen WR
5 George Kittle TE
6 Blair Brown LB
7 Sefo Liufau QB


nah bro andy reid rules only 4 positions matter: QB, OL, CB and DL


Which means we are probably going to take Mahomes. He might be the best value of all those positions at 14.
_________________


RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jeezla


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 18944
Location: 805
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
We're hosting/hosted Corey Davis, Dalvin Cook, Fournette, and Mike Williams. We've basically hosted all the top offensive skill position prospects besides the TE's (and obviously QB's). Classic smoke screen. We're taking OJ Howard or Caff.



We're taking a corner. Maybe a DE.

In rounds 2 and 3, yes I agree.

Our draft will look like this:

1 Christian McCaffrey RB
2 Kevin King CB
3 Ahkello Witherspoon CB
4 Tanoh Kpassagnon DE/DT
4 Chad Hansen WR
5 George Kittle TE
6 Blair Brown LB
7 Sefo Liufau QB


nah bro andy reid rules only 4 positions matter: QB, OL, CB and DL


Which means we are probably going to take Mahomes. He might be the best value of all those positions at 14.


Andy also wanted Knowshon Moreno in the 1st.
_________________

Draft: OJH, C Davis, J Mixon, T Basham, S Jones, H Wilson, G Kittle, T Kpass, B Brown #20
Fly Eagles Fly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 42221
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
We're hosting/hosted Corey Davis, Dalvin Cook, Fournette, and Mike Williams. We've basically hosted all the top offensive skill position prospects besides the TE's (and obviously QB's). Classic smoke screen. We're taking OJ Howard or Caff.



We're taking a corner. Maybe a DE.

In rounds 2 and 3, yes I agree.

Our draft will look like this:

1 Christian McCaffrey RB
2 Kevin King CB
3 Ahkello Witherspoon CB
4 Tanoh Kpassagnon DE/DT
4 Chad Hansen WR
5 George Kittle TE
6 Blair Brown LB
7 Sefo Liufau QB


nah bro andy reid rules only 4 positions matter: QB, OL, CB and DL


Which means we are probably going to take Mahomes. He might be the best value of all those positions at 14.


Andy also wanted Knowshon Moreno in the 1st.



And we will never know if that was really true or not.



Joe Douglas our new draft czar also comes from a background of not taking running backs early. Guy was part of drafting multiple late round rb pro bowlers. Why the hell would he waste a first round pick on a running back? That doesnt even make sense.
_________________


RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jeezla


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 18944
Location: 805
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
We're hosting/hosted Corey Davis, Dalvin Cook, Fournette, and Mike Williams. We've basically hosted all the top offensive skill position prospects besides the TE's (and obviously QB's). Classic smoke screen. We're taking OJ Howard or Caff.



We're taking a corner. Maybe a DE.

In rounds 2 and 3, yes I agree.

Our draft will look like this:

1 Christian McCaffrey RB
2 Kevin King CB
3 Ahkello Witherspoon CB
4 Tanoh Kpassagnon DE/DT
4 Chad Hansen WR
5 George Kittle TE
6 Blair Brown LB
7 Sefo Liufau QB


nah bro andy reid rules only 4 positions matter: QB, OL, CB and DL


Which means we are probably going to take Mahomes. He might be the best value of all those positions at 14.


Andy also wanted Knowshon Moreno in the 1st.



And we will never know if that was really true or not.



Joe Douglas our new draft czar also comes from a background of not taking running backs early. Guy was part of drafting multiple late round rb pro bowlers. Why the hell would he waste a first round pick on a running back? That doesnt even make sense.


Interviewing Cook and Fournette if you absolutely aren't going RB in the 1st makes no sense
_________________

Draft: OJH, C Davis, J Mixon, T Basham, S Jones, H Wilson, G Kittle, T Kpass, B Brown #20
Fly Eagles Fly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheRealMcCoy


Joined: 12 Aug 2011
Posts: 14200
Location: Inland Empire
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
As much as I would love Barkley, I'd be cool with Joe Mixon in round 3 or Kareem Hunt in the 4th (Preferably with the Browns comp pick). I still think Howie and co will ultimately draft Caff though.

From the sounds of it Mixon is really raising his stock.

I think some team takes him in the mid 2nd round at the latest.

I don't want to go RB at 14, but I could definitely see the Eagles targeting Caff. He would be a great fit in our offense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheRealMcCoy


Joined: 12 Aug 2011
Posts: 14200
Location: Inland Empire
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
It is a bit silly to assume we'll take Barkley next year. We could also take Derwin James.

Nobody is assuming we do that. It is just something that could happen assuming we don't go RB early in this draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheRealMcCoy


Joined: 12 Aug 2011
Posts: 14200
Location: Inland Empire
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are my top guys I want at 14:

Quote:
Offense:

Corey Davis, WR
O.J. Howard, TE

Defense:

Marshon Lattimore, CB
Gareon Conley, CB

Reuben Foster, LB
Solomon Thomas, DL


I do wonder about Lattimore's hamstring issues and Foster's concussion history though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DeSean Jackson


Joined: 26 Nov 2010
Posts: 474
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
We're hosting/hosted Corey Davis, Dalvin Cook, Fournette, and Mike Williams. We've basically hosted all the top offensive skill position prospects besides the TE's (and obviously QB's). Classic smoke screen. We're taking OJ Howard or Caff.



We're taking a corner. Maybe a DE.

In rounds 2 and 3, yes I agree.

Our draft will look like this:

1 Christian McCaffrey RB
2 Kevin King CB
3 Ahkello Witherspoon CB
4 Tanoh Kpassagnon DE/DT
4 Chad Hansen WR
5 George Kittle TE
6 Blair Brown LB
7 Sefo Liufau QB


nah bro andy reid rules only 4 positions matter: QB, OL, CB and DL


Which means we are probably going to take Mahomes. He might be the best value of all those positions at 14.


Andy also wanted Knowshon Moreno in the 1st.



And we will never know if that was really true or not.



Joe Douglas our new draft czar also comes from a background of not taking running backs early. Guy was part of drafting multiple late round rb pro bowlers. Why the hell would he waste a first round pick on a running back? That doesnt even make sense.

not true at all, they drafted Lewis in first round, and Ravens were also looking to trade up for Elliot last season. It's all about the player and how much they love him as a prospect. Also, Lewis 2000-2006 was the starter first round . Rice 2008-2013 2nd round picks, and just last year they wanted to take Elliot. So I get that they value rbs and they will take rbs really high.
_________________


Last edited by DeSean Jackson on Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FlyEaglesFly193


Joined: 25 Feb 2016
Posts: 430
Location: Washington PA
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
It is a bit silly to assume we'll take Barkley next year. We could also take Derwin James.

Nobody is assuming we do that. It is just something that could happen assuming we don't go RB early in this draft.


I could see him going with McCaffery because he's not just a running back Sproles is 34 and its seems like Mathews is here to stay we got Bryon Marshall and Smallwood both can catch and run.. But McCaffery is 10x better than both.. Smallwood kinda reminds me of Buckwalter tho think he's a solid back in a run by committee approach. Marshall doesn't do one or the other well enough IMO to stick. We need a feature back we can grab all the receivers we want for Wentz won't matter if we can't get the run game going.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheRealMcCoy


Joined: 12 Aug 2011
Posts: 14200
Location: Inland Empire
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeSean Jackson wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
We're hosting/hosted Corey Davis, Dalvin Cook, Fournette, and Mike Williams. We've basically hosted all the top offensive skill position prospects besides the TE's (and obviously QB's). Classic smoke screen. We're taking OJ Howard or Caff.



We're taking a corner. Maybe a DE.

In rounds 2 and 3, yes I agree.

Our draft will look like this:

1 Christian McCaffrey RB
2 Kevin King CB
3 Ahkello Witherspoon CB
4 Tanoh Kpassagnon DE/DT
4 Chad Hansen WR
5 George Kittle TE
6 Blair Brown LB
7 Sefo Liufau QB


nah bro andy reid rules only 4 positions matter: QB, OL, CB and DL


Which means we are probably going to take Mahomes. He might be the best value of all those positions at 14.


Andy also wanted Knowshon Moreno in the 1st.



And we will never know if that was really true or not.



Joe Douglas our new draft czar also comes from a background of not taking running backs early. Guy was part of drafting multiple late round rb pro bowlers. Why the hell would he waste a first round pick on a running back? That doesnt even make sense.

not true at all, they drafted Lewis in first round, and Ravens were also looking to trade up for Elliot last season. It's all about the player and how much they love him as a prospect.

Joe Douglas was the Director of College Scouting for the Bears last off-season, so he had no influence on anything that Baltimore might have attempted to do in regards to Zeke.

He also likely had absolutely zero influence on the Ravens selection of Jamal Lewis in 2000 as that was the year that Douglas just started working for Baltimore and was in a low ranking position as a Player Personnel Assistant.

Here is a quote about his job duties for that position:
Quote:
Douglas was first hired by Baltimore in 2000, where he worked as a player personnel assis-tant for three years. He was responsible for fall and spring scout-ing assignments, college workouts and draft visit coordination, managing the teamís college video library and assisting the pro personnel department with special teams evaluations of club op-ponents and unrestricted free agents.


The internet is a great tool, my friend, use it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheRealMcCoy


Joined: 12 Aug 2011
Posts: 14200
Location: Inland Empire
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
It is a bit silly to assume we'll take Barkley next year. We could also take Derwin James.

Nobody is assuming we do that. It is just something that could happen assuming we don't go RB early in this draft.


I could see him going with McCaffery because he's not just a running back Sproles is 34 and its seems like Mathews is here to stay we got Bryon Marshall and Smallwood both can catch and run.. But McCaffery is 10x better than both.. Smallwood kinda reminds me of Buckwalter tho think he's a solid back in a run by committee approach. Marshall doesn't do one or the other well enough IMO to stick. We need a feature back we can grab all the receivers we want for Wentz won't matter if we can't get the run game going.

Yeah, I agree. I just said in a post above that I could see us targeting Caff. He's a great fit for our offense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FlyEaglesFly193


Joined: 25 Feb 2016
Posts: 430
Location: Washington PA
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
FlyEaglesFly193 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
We're hosting/hosted Corey Davis, Dalvin Cook, Fournette, and Mike Williams. We've basically hosted all the top offensive skill position prospects besides the TE's (and obviously QB's). Classic smoke screen. We're taking OJ Howard or Caff.



We're taking a corner. Maybe a DE.

In rounds 2 and 3, yes I agree.

Our draft will look like this:

1 Christian McCaffrey RB
2 Kevin King CB
3 Ahkello Witherspoon CB
4 Tanoh Kpassagnon DE/DT
4 Chad Hansen WR
5 George Kittle TE
6 Blair Brown LB
7 Sefo Liufau QB


Pretty similar to what my mock draft is going to look like RB, CB, DE, CB, then depth/Developmental QB

Feels like we're interviewing too many WR's not to take one with our top 5 picks.

This wouldn't surprise me either:
1 Christian McCaffrey RB
2 Zay Jones WR (*We probably trade J Matt for a late 3rd)
3 Sidney Jones CB
3* Howard Wilson CB
4 Brad Kaaya QB
4 Alex Anzalone LB
5 Eddie Vanderdoes DT
6 Corey Levin OT/OG
7 CB

That draft actually wouldn't upset me at all, so it's not happening


I'm all for drafting a WR (Robert Davis?) but don't want us to trade Matthews he's still the only sure thing we have at WR IMO we trade a vet for a rookie to try and replace him your going to lose out I'm fine with dumping every skill player not named Sproles, Ertz, or Matthews at the beginning of the Off season. I think it would hurt Wentz development they all will still be featured in the offense next year no matter what I like them more in roles then being key players on offense.. That's why the Jeffrey signing could of very well pushed us into the playoffs that's if we can get quality play out of who ever we put out there at CB.

I put a question mark because not sure if its his name but the WR that went Chris Conley at the Combine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jlash


Joined: 17 Oct 2016
Posts: 1686
Location: NJ
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
Interviewing Cook and Fournette if you absolutely aren't going RB in the 1st makes no sense


Well, Mel Kiper was on local radio Friday and was asked if the Eagles have a shot at taking Cook at 14, and he said there's a real shot Cook doesn't even get taken in the first round and that people will be surprised by his slide.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EaglesPeteC


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 6007
Location: Raleigh, NC
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
Interviewing Cook and Fournette if you absolutely aren't going RB in the 1st makes no sense


Well, Mel Kiper was on local radio Friday and was asked if the Eagles have a shot at taking Cook at 14, and he said there's a real shot Cook doesn't even get taken in the first round and that people will be surprised by his slide.



_________________

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FlyEaglesFly193


Joined: 25 Feb 2016
Posts: 430
Location: Washington PA
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
Jlash wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
Interviewing Cook and Fournette if you absolutely aren't going RB in the 1st makes no sense


Well, Mel Kiper was on local radio Friday and was asked if the Eagles have a shot at taking Cook at 14, and he said there's a real shot Cook doesn't even get taken in the first round and that people will be surprised by his slide.




Fournette and McCaffrey are the only 2 I think Kamara, Cook, Mix on all go round 2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 46 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group