Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft Prospect Thread II #Weapons4Wentz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeezla

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB round 1 or 2 is looking very likely. I think we'll end up trading back and taking a CB in round 1, then maybe trading up in the 2nd to get the RB we want. I feel certain we'll draft one of: Cook, McCaffrey, Mixon, or Kamara.

Something like this:

Trade #14 and #99 and Jason Kelce to TB for #19 and #50
Trade #19 to Oak/LV for #24 and #88
Trade #43 and #118 to SF for #34.

1 (From Oak) Kevin King CB
2 (From SF) Dalvin Cook or Joe Mixon RB
2 (From TB) Quincy Wilson or Ahkello Witherspoon or Fabien Fabian Moreau or Adoree' Jackson CB
3 (From Raiders) Alex Anzalone LB
4 (From Browns) Chad Hansen WR
5 Keionta Davis DE
6 Michael Roberts TE
7 Corey Levin OL

or this:

Trade #14 and #99 and Jason Kelce to TB for #19 and #50
Trade #19 to Oak/LV for #24 and #88
Trade #43 and #118 to SF for #34.

1 (From Oak) Kevin King CB
2 (From SF) Dalvin Cook or Joe Mixon RB
2 (From TB) Chris Godwin or Cooper Kupp WR
3 (From Raiders) Alex Anzalone LB
4 (From Browns) Damontae Kazee CB
5 Keionta Davis DE
6 Michael Roberts TE
7 Corey Levin OL

Or we stay at 14, take John Ross, then take Kamara or Mixon in the 2nd, and then try to hit on CB's in the 3rd and 4th.

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Court Sutton #20 #92 Fire Doof Pederson.
Fly Eagles Fly
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
As far as the McCaffrey to Westbrook comparisons, I get it with the versatility thing, but I see far more Reggie Bush then Brian. McCaffrey is all feet, vision, and hands (along with ball bearing hips). Westbrook had that, but if you look at his build (or a guy like Sproles) his lower body is much thicker and stronger and his frame is more squat. More of a pure RB build than McCaffrey, just on a bit shorter of a scale. Brian had underrated ability to run up the middle. I still see McCaffrey as more a pure weapon or slash role than a starting RB that has that versatility.

Agreed see ZERO Westbrook in him. Two completely different body types and playing styles. Westbrook with that low profile running stance and short choppy quick strides vs McCaffrey who is way more of a up right long strider-ice skater. Agree that there is way more Bush in McCaffrey then anything.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching a bunch of RB's last few days, i kinda like Hunt and Cohen the most. Cool Seems like you could get a lot of value with these two guys.

IF we could get Hunt in the mid round and Cohen in the later rounds, we could have a little Thunder and Lightening Cool

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some draft thoughts:

I'm interested that we worked out Tarik Cohen and showed interest in Donnel Pumphrey. 2 mid round RBs who are tiny, but shifty. I wouldn't be surprised if we draft one of these 2 as a replacement for Sproles. Both are weapons.

I REALLY like Cameron Sutton for our defense. He reminds me of Jalen Mills, but with better run support and offers return value

Joe Douglas has a RIDICULOUS hit rate for mid-late round OL. We worked out Kutztown OG Jordan Morgan, who is athletic with good feet and a mailer in the run game. Taylor Moton is another guy I like at guard (although he struggled at OT this past year)... In 2015, he dominated Ohio State at guard. I could see 2 late picks along the OL in this draft.

Joe Douglas also has a good hit rate on early round linebackers. And takes a ton of DL
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren Sproles -

5'6 187

40-4.46

Vert-33 inch

Cone -6.96

Tarik Cohen -

5'6 179 lbs

40- 4.42

Vert- 31 inch

Cone- 7.22

I really do see some similarities. High speed multi directional cutting back with a lot of versatility, skill and heart, way undersized under powered but muscular and well conditioned. Cohen might be the only running back in this draft with a real jump cut and Darren Sproles is like the only back left in the league with a legit jump cut.

Hes interesting for sure and where you could get him, you could a lot of value, he could play special teams and 3rd situations early on and develop into a change of pace back.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another player who could fill the Sproles gadget player/RS role from the WR position is Ryan Switzer from UNC

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
Another player who could fill the Sproles gadget player/RS role from the WR position is Ryan Switzer from UNC

He will be one of those guys the Patriots take after every one passed on him, we will be seeing him on a Outside The Lines episode someday after he scores the winning touch down in a Super Bowl for the Patriots.

He will be sitting there like ...

Ryan :" Just when i had sent my family and friends home, i was just sitting there with my agent and my dogs, they were all that were there with me, my mind was racing like how am i going to provide for my family? ...... I thought it was all over.... then....

then... *tears*"

Interviewer: "go on ... Ryan, its ok *hands him a tissue*"

Ryan: " i got that call from the Patriots, it was Robert Kraft of the Patriots..* awkwardly blows nose into tissue*"

Laughing

Last edited by Bednarik60 on Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:

Switzer is great. I definitely see a little of Wes Welker in his game. He's more quick in short areas than he is fast with long speed. He's like a poor man's Wes Welker.

Cohen's​ shiftiness and cutting ability (as b60 mentioned) is ridiculous.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like switzer I would take a flyer on him to replace jordan going forward.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
Jeezla

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Chad Williams to replace J Matt as the slot WR. We can get him in the 5th or later.

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Court Sutton #20 #92 Fire Doof Pederson.
Fly Eagles Fly
magross

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Darren Sproles -

5'6 187

40-4.46

Vert-33 inch

Cone -6.96

Tarik Cohen -

5'6 179 lbs

40- 4.42

Vert- 31 inch

Cone- 7.22

I really do see some similarities. High speed multi directional cutting back with a lot of versatility, skill and heart, way undersized under powered but muscular and well conditioned. Cohen might be the only running back in this draft with a real jump cut and Darren Sproles is like the only back left in the league with a legit jump cut.

Hes interesting for sure and where you could get him, you could a lot of value, he could play special teams and 3rd situations early on and develop into a change of pace back.

Tarik Cohen looks so crazy on film I feel like someones installed a madden controller on him. Wouldls love to take a 5th-6th round pick on him
Jlash

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleDeegle wrote:
Some draft thoughts:

I'm interested that we worked out Tarik Cohen and showed interest in Donnel Pumphrey. 2 mid round RBs who are tiny, but shifty. I wouldn't be surprised if we draft one of these 2 as a replacement for Sproles. Both are weapons.

I REALLY like Cameron Sutton for our defense. He reminds me of Jalen Mills, but with better run support and offers return value

Joe Douglas has a RIDICULOUS hit rate for mid-late round OL. We worked out Kutztown OG Jordan Morgan, who is athletic with good feet and a mailer in the run game. Taylor Moton is another guy I like at guard (although he struggled at OT this past year)... In 2015, he dominated Ohio State at guard. I could see 2 late picks along the OL in this draft.

Joe Douglas also has a good hit rate on early round linebackers. And takes a ton of DL

Whuuuuuuu? Go into the DB thread on the "Draft" section of this forum. There was someone in there posting gifs of Sutton damn near running away from RB's, especially if they were bigger backs.

And on Moton. He wasn't bad at OT this year, he got abused by Wisconsin, but other than that I thought he played pretty well. You're right though, he's probably better off at guard, but I think he could work at RT if he had to.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
EagleDeegle wrote:
Some draft thoughts:

Whuuuuuuu? Go into the DB thread on the "Draft" section of this forum. There was someone in there posting gifs of Sutton damn near running away from RB's, especially if they were bigger backs.

And on Moton. He wasn't bad at OT this year, he got abused by Wisconsin, but other than that I thought he played pretty well. You're right though, he's probably better off at guard, but I think he could work at RT if he had to.

I meant better run support than Mills. Sutton needs to be more aggressive in that area, for sure. But he isn't completely inept (tredavious white, I'm looking at you) and does a decent job of at least sealing off the edge and pushing rushers inside.
JayWood2010

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hearing Corey Davis will be going in round 2 rather than the first round.
EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.phillyvoice.com/carson-wentz-acknowledges-he-watched-film-draft-prospects/

If this is legit and Carson watched film on these guys, expect one of these names to come off the board in the first or third. I still think it'll be John Ross, with all the interest we've shown in him. Although, I wonder who Carson suggests just based on game tape

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 98 of 100

Jump to: