Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Raider Draft Thread 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 85, 86, 87  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MrOaktown_56


Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 7891
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
I'm not a perfect human being, and I definitely wouldn't classify Mixon as a woman beater. Then again I'm not the one evaluating his character. The Raiders are. If he checks out with them, I'll support him.

I'm not saying you're wrong with the stuff in the article, but all I saw was her instigate and him overreact and punch back. Isn't it fishy at all that she had a prior criminal record AND chose not to press charges despite there being video evidence?

AND he did this when he was 18 years old. You think he hasn't changed at all since then? He was a [inappropriate/removed] kid.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/01/26/joe-mixon-hospital-visit/

Quote:

TMZ Sports spoke with Cooper's father, John Slate, who tells us Mixon privately reached out and asked if he could come by the hospital to try to cheer everyone up. He got the green light and arrived around 9:30 PM on Monday. We're told Mixon asked to come late to minimize the chance of people recognizing him.


Quote:

Slate tells us Mixon spent about an hour hanging out with Cooper and his family. He took pictures and signed autographs and has been checking up on Cooper via text messages since the visit.


Does anyone talk about the good parts of people these days? You guys are ridiculous. Or is there an ulterior motive to him being a good person too.

What would the ulterior motive be?


Looking "good" for the media.

If she was your daughter, who was laying in a hospital bed with a broken face after being punched by Mixon, would you be okay with him visiting her?


1. That isn't what happened. Why the hell would he visit her to instigate things further.
2. If my daughter spat on and assaulted someone, I'd still empathize with her and be mad at Mixon. Wouldn't mean that her actions weren't wrong.
_________________
El ramster wrote:
bertuzzi wrote:
Goff and Gurley are the worst QB-RB combo in history lmfao


Yo buddy quit trolling yeah.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SBXISBXVSBXVIII


Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 3800
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way to end the debate is to agree to disagree and respect other's opinions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrOaktown_56


Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 7891
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
The only way to end the debate is to agree to disagree and respect other's opinions.


I respect all your opinions. Every single one of you.

Except when people comment on each other's moralities based on their opinions about a certain topic.

I'm a medical student and I work with DV victims. I also happen to have defended mixon in this thread. Do you guys think my morality needs work too?

What have you all done for society lately to judge this kid so harshly who seems like he's trying to do some good?

All I'm saying. I'm done with this also.

Respect man.
_________________
El ramster wrote:
bertuzzi wrote:
Goff and Gurley are the worst QB-RB combo in history lmfao


Yo buddy quit trolling yeah.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holyghost


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 6687
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Some of you guys desperately need better values.


If i can offer some advice, I don't think that's a good way to engage into civil debate.


Well, why not? How else can I open the conversation about how in previous pages there are a number of Raider fans ready to grab this guy - in the 2nd, 3rd round.. Just in the hope that it puts the offense over the top and helps us win. There's no alternative running the ball than to desperately grope for draft value in a guy with this kind of history of violence?

How else can civil debate begin than for someone to question the values of drafting this clown just draft value's sake?

It's about values, no doubt. Your football team winning isn't worth this. It's just a game and just something we all watch on TV one day a week during the winter. It's not life, and it's not more important than the values of life. And it's about desperation as well. It's trivial whether the Raiders win or not. Is it sooo important that humanity and civility is sacrificed for it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrOaktown_56


Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 7891
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Some of you guys desperately need better values.


If i can offer some advice, I don't think that's a good way to engage into civil debate.


Well, why not? How else can I open the conversation about how in previous pages there are a number of Raider fans ready to grab this guy - in the 2nd, 3rd round.. Just in the hope that it puts the offense over the top and helps us win. There's no alternative running the ball than to desperately grope for draft value in a guy with this kind of history of violence?

How else can civil debate begin than for someone to question the values of drafting this clown just draft value's sake?

It's about values, no doubt. Your football team winning isn't worth this. It's just a game and just something we all watch on TV one day a week during the winter. It's not life, and it's not more important than the values of life. And it's about desperation as well. It's trivial whether the Raiders win or not. Is it sooo important that humanity and civility is sacrificed for it?


Laughing

So he's a clown with no humanity and civility?

There's no point even responding to this anymore.
_________________
El ramster wrote:
bertuzzi wrote:
Goff and Gurley are the worst QB-RB combo in history lmfao


Yo buddy quit trolling yeah.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holyghost


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 6687
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
holyghost wrote:


More than anything, the good deed proof is in the pudding.

Good people do things everyday that don't end up being photographed or on TMZ.

Joe Mixon visits a hospital once and it's news. Why? Because he's a piece of crap trying to get drafted.

So I do I want to talk about the good Mixon does? No. Because I believe, and it's my opinion, that it's complete and utter nonsense that he was coached to do (by lawyers, agents, PR people, or image coaches) to get back in the good graces of the NFL and the PR world so he can get drafted and get rich.


You're saying that because people do good behind the scenes, if the media publicizes it, it's contrived and no longer worthy Laughing .

What a joke man, just listen to yourself.

So a 20 year old KID reaching out to a sick 5 year old in the hospital, going out of his way to avoid the public eye, which was already mentioned, and STILL keeping in contact with the kid although he has no reason to do so, is ALL a media stunt?

If you really can't see this as a good act by a kid who cares about people, you have to be pretty damn hateful.


It's a media stunt bro, sorry.

And the exact reason he did it is to convince people like you that he is good. And it's worked. Think about it man. You're convinced, right here and now. That's PR.

Going, avoiding the public eye, keeping in contact - think about it. You're writing about all of them, right now. It's all been made public. The "avoiding" you're talking about isn't what happened.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holyghost


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 6687
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
holyghost wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Some of you guys desperately need better values.


If i can offer some advice, I don't think that's a good way to engage into civil debate.


Well, why not? How else can I open the conversation about how in previous pages there are a number of Raider fans ready to grab this guy - in the 2nd, 3rd round.. Just in the hope that it puts the offense over the top and helps us win. There's no alternative running the ball than to desperately grope for draft value in a guy with this kind of history of violence?

How else can civil debate begin than for someone to question the values of drafting this clown just draft value's sake?

It's about values, no doubt. Your football team winning isn't worth this. It's just a game and just something we all watch on TV one day a week during the winter. It's not life, and it's not more important than the values of life. And it's about desperation as well. It's trivial whether the Raiders win or not. Is it sooo important that humanity and civility is sacrificed for it?


Laughing

So he's a clown with no humanity and civility?

There's no point even responding to this anymore.


That's a spin of what I said. It's not humane or civil to bait someone (with an aggressive group of friends by the way, which further portrays a threat), verbally sexually assault them, spout gay slurs, then pursue the person only to physically assault them severely. No amount of stage hospital visits undo it.
I won't support or condone her actions, it's very stupid to engage in the back and forth with the guy, spitting on him was a bad mistake and completely wrong. Taking some sort of liberties with a stranger like that is incredibly dangerous.


I think me and you, we're done here. The thread has gone off track, I haven't been in one of these internet back and forths in some time for good reason. And truly I have no more opinion to continue with nor any time left to do it. You've got your thoughts on it, you have every right to your own thoughts on it.
I have mine, and feel very strongly about them. I am sorry if I have worded some things too strongly, it only belies my feelings against things like this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 8658
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
holyghost wrote:


More than anything, the good deed proof is in the pudding.

Good people do things everyday that don't end up being photographed or on TMZ.

Joe Mixon visits a hospital once and it's news. Why? Because he's a piece of crap trying to get drafted.

So I do I want to talk about the good Mixon does? No. Because I believe, and it's my opinion, that it's complete and utter nonsense that he was coached to do (by lawyers, agents, PR people, or image coaches) to get back in the good graces of the NFL and the PR world so he can get drafted and get rich.


You're saying that because people do good behind the scenes, if the media publicizes it, it's contrived and no longer worthy Laughing .

What a joke man, just listen to yourself.

So a 20 year old KID reaching out to a sick 5 year old in the hospital, going out of his way to avoid the public eye, which was already mentioned, and STILL keeping in contact with the kid although he has no reason to do so, is ALL a media stunt?

If you really can't see this as a good act by a kid who cares about people, you have to be pretty damn hateful.


It's a media stunt bro, sorry.

And the exact reason he did it is to convince people like you that he is good. And it's worked. Think about it man. You're convinced, right here and now. That's PR.

Going, avoiding the public eye, keeping in contact - think about it. You're writing about all of them, right now. It's all been made public. The "avoiding" you're talking about isn't what happened.
I can tell you I haven't seen none of these pictures painting him in a good light, but I do think a 18 year old kid who made a mistake while drunk should get another chance in life. It's that simple. You are not defined as a person by the age of 18.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holyghost


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 6687
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
holyghost wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
holyghost wrote:


More than anything, the good deed proof is in the pudding.

Good people do things everyday that don't end up being photographed or on TMZ.

Joe Mixon visits a hospital once and it's news. Why? Because he's a piece of crap trying to get drafted.

So I do I want to talk about the good Mixon does? No. Because I believe, and it's my opinion, that it's complete and utter nonsense that he was coached to do (by lawyers, agents, PR people, or image coaches) to get back in the good graces of the NFL and the PR world so he can get drafted and get rich.


You're saying that because people do good behind the scenes, if the media publicizes it, it's contrived and no longer worthy Laughing .

What a joke man, just listen to yourself.

So a 20 year old KID reaching out to a sick 5 year old in the hospital, going out of his way to avoid the public eye, which was already mentioned, and STILL keeping in contact with the kid although he has no reason to do so, is ALL a media stunt?

If you really can't see this as a good act by a kid who cares about people, you have to be pretty damn hateful.


It's a media stunt bro, sorry.

And the exact reason he did it is to convince people like you that he is good. And it's worked. Think about it man. You're convinced, right here and now. That's PR.

Going, avoiding the public eye, keeping in contact - think about it. You're writing about all of them, right now. It's all been made public. The "avoiding" you're talking about isn't what happened.
I can tell you I haven't seen none of these pictures painting him in a good light, but I do think a 18 year old kid who made a mistake while drunk should get another chance in life. It's that simple. You are not defined as a person by the age of 18.


Completely agree.

But football isn't life. Life is life.

Life will afford him every chance to be a better person, from now until however long his life is.

Personal opinion, but as of now my thought is that football is supporting and shielding his bad deeds. It's right there in the account of the first incident. Being drafted is also a support and shielding of him, and so is money. It's why very few of these guys really change after being drafted. There's nothing telling them they need to change, all the incentives point to them not needing to change, all incentives point to them thinking they're bulletproof.

So like I said, he'll have his whole life to get chances to be a better person, with or without football. I'm not depriving him of a chance at life because I won't support him as a football fan. Every day is full of hundreds of chances to be a better person, in any walk of life or in any way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
badmoon8081


Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 142
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, missed a lot lol. 2 things football only related.....

1. The raiders nor anyone else will select him in the first.

2. He's not making it out of the second. He's too talented. So if you really want this guy you have to be cool with using a 2nd on him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 8658
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
holyghost wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
holyghost wrote:


More than anything, the good deed proof is in the pudding.

Good people do things everyday that don't end up being photographed or on TMZ.

Joe Mixon visits a hospital once and it's news. Why? Because he's a piece of crap trying to get drafted.

So I do I want to talk about the good Mixon does? No. Because I believe, and it's my opinion, that it's complete and utter nonsense that he was coached to do (by lawyers, agents, PR people, or image coaches) to get back in the good graces of the NFL and the PR world so he can get drafted and get rich.


You're saying that because people do good behind the scenes, if the media publicizes it, it's contrived and no longer worthy Laughing .

What a joke man, just listen to yourself.

So a 20 year old KID reaching out to a sick 5 year old in the hospital, going out of his way to avoid the public eye, which was already mentioned, and STILL keeping in contact with the kid although he has no reason to do so, is ALL a media stunt?

If you really can't see this as a good act by a kid who cares about people, you have to be pretty damn hateful.


It's a media stunt bro, sorry.

And the exact reason he did it is to convince people like you that he is good. And it's worked. Think about it man. You're convinced, right here and now. That's PR.

Going, avoiding the public eye, keeping in contact - think about it. You're writing about all of them, right now. It's all been made public. The "avoiding" you're talking about isn't what happened.
I can tell you I haven't seen none of these pictures painting him in a good light, but I do think a 18 year old kid who made a mistake while drunk should get another chance in life. It's that simple. You are not defined as a person by the age of 18.


Completely agree.

But football isn't life. Life is life.

Life will afford him every chance to be a better person, from now until however long his life is.

Personal opinion, but as of now my thought is that football is supporting and shielding his bad deeds. It's right there in the account of the first incident. Being drafted is also a support and shielding of him, and so is money. It's why very few of these guys really change after being drafted. There's nothing telling them they need to change, all the incentives point to them not needing to change, all incentives point to them thinking they're bulletproof.

So like I said, he'll have his whole life to get chances to be a better person, with or without football. I'm not depriving him of a chance at life because I won't support him as a football fan. Every day is full of hundreds of chances to be a better person, in any walk of life or in any way.
Football is his life it's what he trained for all his life, and chances are he will be a late round pick maybe even go un-drafted as a result which, would be a clear message to the guy who is clearly a 1st round talent. He deserves a chance and it's up to him to evolve into a decent young man. If not he will be out of the league pretty quickly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rich7sena


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 6845
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Mixon goes in the first. He's too talented and teams will rationalize his actions by vetting him as a changed individual. I've already stated I wouldn't mind taking him in the first round if the latter is true.

From the outside looking in, his pattern of decision making is a major red flag. Still, he's in my first round top five. Of all teams he could go to, the Raiders might be the best situation for him, personally.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
drfrey13


Joined: 14 Oct 2010
Posts: 1429
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone think Mixon will repeat this same mistake? If no then he deserves a second chance if yes then avoid him at all costs. If RM thinks he is going to do it again or something similar then do not even offer a UDFA contract. Everybody deserves a second chance.

I think it is funny that some defend alcoholism and self destructive nature of Aldon Smith but Mixon is a horrible person. If Mixon swung and missed the girl would you judge the same as if Aldon drove drunk and did not hit anyone before he was pulled over. Both are stupid decisions and deserving of punishment. The biggest difference for me is that Aldon has repeatedly made these mistakes as what should be a mature adult. Mixon did it once as a very young person.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G


Joined: 02 Feb 2007
Posts: 3851
Location: Hollywierd
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
I think Mixon goes in the first. He's too talented and teams will rationalize his actions by vetting him as a changed individual. I've already stated I wouldn't mind taking him in the first round if the latter is true.

From the outside looking in, his pattern of decision making is a major red flag. Still, he's in my first round top five. Of all teams he could go to, the Raiders might be the best situation for him, personally.


No way is he worth our 1st. Too many players at other positions that our 1st would be better spent on. I don't think he's worth our 2nd as there is too much depth without red flags. I'd take Hunt in the 2nd before Mixon and Hunt will be there.
Fournette
McCaffery
Cook
Mixon
Hunt
is how I'd rate them but for PR reasons I'd take Hunt over Mixon if it's before the 3rd round.

Foreman, Gallman, Williams, McNichols, Perine, McGuire all good RB's and the next group.

James Conner
Corey Clement
Elijah McGuire
and the one I don't understand the hype...
Alvin Kamara

PS Raiders is the best situation for any RB. Young team on the rise with two smaller scat backs to share the carries. A QB to keep the box from being stacked and a passing game to keep Defenses honest.
Think it's why Reggie isn't in a hurry with a vet RB.


Last edited by G on Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BayRaider


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 4821
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Agreed no idea what the hype is in Kamara.. he's a lot of peoples favorite RB but I wouldn't put him in my Top 5.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 85, 86, 87  Next
Page 31 of 87

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group