Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Raider Draft Thread 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 85, 86, 87  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
holyghost


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 6645
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
holyghost wrote:
SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
holyghost wrote:
SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
holyghost wrote:
http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/joe-mixon-s-victim-says-he-insulted-her-uttered-homophobic-slurs-before-breaking-her-face-020917

Gonna leave this here for the Mixon lovers who want to grab this guy like they're getting some sort of deal. Read the stuff he said to her and her friends, how he sought out the conflict. And how he did it before. All perfectly believable accounts of what actually happened. He's human trash. Trash gets thrown out. Let the Cowboys or Bengals take him, and let Mack and Joseph get to hit him instead of playing on the same team.

Lemme tell ya, no amount of winning advantage is worth selling your soul for. We can win games and Super Bowls with guys like Carr, we don't need Mixons. Some of you guys desperately need better values.

I think he's a POS woman beater and don't want him on the team. However, if the Raiders win the SB and he scored the winning TD, I'd still celebrate. I'm pretty sure you would too.


Don't be so sure. I won't celebrate this person. Some people in this world can't quietly forget so easily, I'm one of them.

I can appreciate that. But wouldn't you celebrate a team victory knowing he is part of the team?


It would put me in a really difficult position. I am a Raider before a football fan. Watching it holds no great appeal to me without the Raiders.

One of the things I have grown to love most about the team is the way that while being a Renegade franchise over the years, there's a dichotomy there. In regards to also being at the forefront in minority hiring, female hiring, really just being everything progressive and humane while also being all about winning and success. The two can go together, and more than any franchise the Raiders bring those together in the most interesting of ways.

I can't say for certain I'd even be into watching them any more if they drafted Mixon. I might be inclined to not watch any games any more and spend my Sundays on something else. And I'd have lost for doing that, because I've been a fan of this team for a long time through some awful teams and times.
I am a Carr fan because of football but also because he seems to be a genuinely good guy you can and want to root for. I get the sense it's not just a facade with him. So I'd celebrate the win for guys like him. But much like the world is a confusing place, I'd be left to wonder how and why a guy like him and a guy like Mixon both share in the same glory. And where I myself stand in sharing that as a fan more than anything. I'd personally find it difficult and conflicted if that (your scenario) happened, and feeling conflicted, for me, could easily displace celebration.

Respect my man. But wouldn't you celebrate inwardly a little bit though so nobody would know Laughing


I kinda already explained that though. And I'd know, which is what I can never trick myself out of, and don't want to either.

But more than anything, the aspect of being conflicted would be there the whole time and after the fact. So my state of being conflicted would already be displacing a state of celebration. I'd want to celebrate it but can't say that I could completely.

More than anything I just don't want to be put in the position. So Raiders, please don't draft Mixon and make me question my rooting interests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SBXISBXVSBXVIII


Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 3714
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
holyghost wrote:
SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
holyghost wrote:
SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
holyghost wrote:
http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/joe-mixon-s-victim-says-he-insulted-her-uttered-homophobic-slurs-before-breaking-her-face-020917

Gonna leave this here for the Mixon lovers who want to grab this guy like they're getting some sort of deal. Read the stuff he said to her and her friends, how he sought out the conflict. And how he did it before. All perfectly believable accounts of what actually happened. He's human trash. Trash gets thrown out. Let the Cowboys or Bengals take him, and let Mack and Joseph get to hit him instead of playing on the same team.

Lemme tell ya, no amount of winning advantage is worth selling your soul for. We can win games and Super Bowls with guys like Carr, we don't need Mixons. Some of you guys desperately need better values.

I think he's a POS woman beater and don't want him on the team. However, if the Raiders win the SB and he scored the winning TD, I'd still celebrate. I'm pretty sure you would too.


Don't be so sure. I won't celebrate this person. Some people in this world can't quietly forget so easily, I'm one of them.

I can appreciate that. But wouldn't you celebrate a team victory knowing he is part of the team?


It would put me in a really difficult position. I am a Raider before a football fan. Watching it holds no great appeal to me without the Raiders.

One of the things I have grown to love most about the team is the way that while being a Renegade franchise over the years, there's a dichotomy there. In regards to also being at the forefront in minority hiring, female hiring, really just being everything progressive and humane while also being all about winning and success. The two can go together, and more than any franchise the Raiders bring those together in the most interesting of ways.

I can't say for certain I'd even be into watching them any more if they drafted Mixon. I might be inclined to not watch any games any more and spend my Sundays on something else. And I'd have lost for doing that, because I've been a fan of this team for a long time through some awful teams and times.
I am a Carr fan because of football but also because he seems to be a genuinely good guy you can and want to root for. I get the sense it's not just a facade with him. So I'd celebrate the win for guys like him. But much like the world is a confusing place, I'd be left to wonder how and why a guy like him and a guy like Mixon both share in the same glory. And where I myself stand in sharing that as a fan more than anything. I'd personally find it difficult and conflicted if that (your scenario) happened, and feeling conflicted, for me, could easily displace celebration.

Respect my man. But wouldn't you celebrate inwardly a little bit though so nobody would know Laughing


I kinda already explained that though. And I'd know, which is what I can never trick myself out of, and don't want to either.

But more than anything, the aspect of being conflicted would be there the whole time and after the fact. So my state of being conflicted would already be displacing a state of celebration. I'd want to celebrate it but can't say that I could completely.

More than anything I just don't want to be put in the position. So Raiders, please don't draft Mixon and make me question my rooting interests.

Applause
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrOaktown_56


Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 7772
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a perfect human being, and I definitely wouldn't classify Mixon as a woman beater. Then again I'm not the one evaluating his character. The Raiders are. If he checks out with them, I'll support him.

I'm not saying you're wrong with the stuff in the article, but all I saw was her instigate and him overreact and punch back. Isn't it fishy at all that she had a prior criminal record AND chose not to press charges despite there being video evidence?

AND he did this when he was 18 years old. You think he hasn't changed at all since then? He was a [inappropriate/removed] kid.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/01/26/joe-mixon-hospital-visit/

Quote:

TMZ Sports spoke with Cooper's father, John Slate, who tells us Mixon privately reached out and asked if he could come by the hospital to try to cheer everyone up. He got the green light and arrived around 9:30 PM on Monday. We're told Mixon asked to come late to minimize the chance of people recognizing him.


Quote:

Slate tells us Mixon spent about an hour hanging out with Cooper and his family. He took pictures and signed autographs and has been checking up on Cooper via text messages since the visit.


Does anyone talk about the good parts of people these days? You guys are ridiculous. Or is there an ulterior motive to him being a good person too.
_________________
El ramster wrote:
bertuzzi wrote:
Goff and Gurley are the worst QB-RB combo in history lmfao


Yo buddy quit trolling yeah.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyHarry


Joined: 15 Mar 2006
Posts: 3363
Location: Foster City,CA
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we did draft him I'd be lying if I said I won't celebrate the guy if he helps carry the offense to new heights. Would that make me a bad person guess so.
_________________

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SBXISBXVSBXVIII


Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 3714
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
I'm not a perfect human being, and I definitely wouldn't classify Mixon as a woman beater. Then again I'm not the one evaluating his character. The Raiders are. If he checks out with them, I'll support him.

I'm not saying you're wrong with the stuff in the article, but all I saw was her instigate and him overreact and punch back. Isn't it fishy at all that she had a prior criminal record AND chose not to press charges despite there being video evidence?

AND he did this when he was 18 years old. You think he hasn't changed at all since then? He was a [inappropriate/removed] kid.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/01/26/joe-mixon-hospital-visit/

Quote:

TMZ Sports spoke with Cooper's father, John Slate, who tells us Mixon privately reached out and asked if he could come by the hospital to try to cheer everyone up. He got the green light and arrived around 9:30 PM on Monday. We're told Mixon asked to come late to minimize the chance of people recognizing him.


Quote:

Slate tells us Mixon spent about an hour hanging out with Cooper and his family. He took pictures and signed autographs and has been checking up on Cooper via text messages since the visit.


Does anyone talk about the good parts of people these days? You guys are ridiculous. Or is there an ulterior motive to him being a good person too.

What would the ulterior motive be?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrOaktown_56


Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 7772
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
I'm not a perfect human being, and I definitely wouldn't classify Mixon as a woman beater. Then again I'm not the one evaluating his character. The Raiders are. If he checks out with them, I'll support him.

I'm not saying you're wrong with the stuff in the article, but all I saw was her instigate and him overreact and punch back. Isn't it fishy at all that she had a prior criminal record AND chose not to press charges despite there being video evidence?

AND he did this when he was 18 years old. You think he hasn't changed at all since then? He was a [inappropriate/removed] kid.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/01/26/joe-mixon-hospital-visit/

Quote:

TMZ Sports spoke with Cooper's father, John Slate, who tells us Mixon privately reached out and asked if he could come by the hospital to try to cheer everyone up. He got the green light and arrived around 9:30 PM on Monday. We're told Mixon asked to come late to minimize the chance of people recognizing him.


Quote:

Slate tells us Mixon spent about an hour hanging out with Cooper and his family. He took pictures and signed autographs and has been checking up on Cooper via text messages since the visit.


Does anyone talk about the good parts of people these days? You guys are ridiculous. Or is there an ulterior motive to him being a good person too.

What would the ulterior motive be?


Looking "good" for the media.
_________________
El ramster wrote:
bertuzzi wrote:
Goff and Gurley are the worst QB-RB combo in history lmfao


Yo buddy quit trolling yeah.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SBXISBXVSBXVIII


Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 3714
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
I'm not a perfect human being, and I definitely wouldn't classify Mixon as a woman beater. Then again I'm not the one evaluating his character. The Raiders are. If he checks out with them, I'll support him.

I'm not saying you're wrong with the stuff in the article, but all I saw was her instigate and him overreact and punch back. Isn't it fishy at all that she had a prior criminal record AND chose not to press charges despite there being video evidence?

AND he did this when he was 18 years old. You think he hasn't changed at all since then? He was a [inappropriate/removed] kid.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/01/26/joe-mixon-hospital-visit/

Quote:

TMZ Sports spoke with Cooper's father, John Slate, who tells us Mixon privately reached out and asked if he could come by the hospital to try to cheer everyone up. He got the green light and arrived around 9:30 PM on Monday. We're told Mixon asked to come late to minimize the chance of people recognizing him.


Quote:

Slate tells us Mixon spent about an hour hanging out with Cooper and his family. He took pictures and signed autographs and has been checking up on Cooper via text messages since the visit.


Does anyone talk about the good parts of people these days? You guys are ridiculous. Or is there an ulterior motive to him being a good person too.

What would the ulterior motive be?


Looking "good" for the media.

If she was your daughter, who was laying in a hospital bed with a broken face after being punched by Mixon, would you be okay with him visiting her?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holyghost


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 6645
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOaktown_56 wrote:
SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
MrOaktown_56 wrote:
I'm not a perfect human being, and I definitely wouldn't classify Mixon as a woman beater. Then again I'm not the one evaluating his character. The Raiders are. If he checks out with them, I'll support him.

I'm not saying you're wrong with the stuff in the article, but all I saw was her instigate and him overreact and punch back. Isn't it fishy at all that she had a prior criminal record AND chose not to press charges despite there being video evidence?

AND he did this when he was 18 years old. You think he hasn't changed at all since then? He was a [inappropriate/removed] kid.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/01/26/joe-mixon-hospital-visit/

Quote:

TMZ Sports spoke with Cooper's father, John Slate, who tells us Mixon privately reached out and asked if he could come by the hospital to try to cheer everyone up. He got the green light and arrived around 9:30 PM on Monday. We're told Mixon asked to come late to minimize the chance of people recognizing him.


Quote:

Slate tells us Mixon spent about an hour hanging out with Cooper and his family. He took pictures and signed autographs and has been checking up on Cooper via text messages since the visit.


Does anyone talk about the good parts of people these days? You guys are ridiculous. Or is there an ulterior motive to him being a good person too.

What would the ulterior motive be?


Looking "good" for the media.


This is my opinion - this is a very typical "good deed" idea put forth by agents. It's always a hospital visit too, same old story every time. It says in the article it's a big secret, but there he is in the huge picture posted with article posing for the camera. And this was not a visit to the girl(s) he punched, it was a random sick 5 year old Sooner fan.

Do I take pictures of myself or have someone take pictures when I visit someone in the hospital? Is that a normal and everyday thing to do, at all!? Thinking on it for a moment, I don't think in all the times I've been involved in a hospital visit that I have ever been in a picture or taken a picture, or even witnessed anyone else there in the whole damn hospital taking a picture. It's the last thing and the worst time you ever want to take a picture of. That's enough proof right there for me. Plus, the visit was after both incidents, not before. What's the ulterior motive? I dunno, duh, millions of dollars?!

More than anything, the good deed proof is in the pudding. Derek Carr picks up a guy who needs help on the side of the road, there's no pictures and he goes on with his day and life. The guy makes the story, not Derek posing for pics to send to TMZ. That's 99% likely a genuine good deed. There's no telling how many times the guy might have done similar things. Good people do things everyday that don't end up being photographed or on TMZ. NFL players do good stuff all the time you never hear about until maybe a long time after (Warrick Dunn, Dan Williams, who here knew Napoleon Kaufmann would go on to be a pastor while he playing football? Noone, it wasn't news, it was his life), because it's an actual part of their life and character. Joe Mixon visits a hospital once and it's news. Why? Because he's a piece of crap trying to get drafted.


So I do I want to talk about the good Mixon does? No. Because I believe, and it's my opinion, that it's complete and utter nonsense that he was coached to do (by lawyers, agents, PR people, or image coaches) to get back in the good graces of the NFL and the PR world so he can get drafted and get rich.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyHarry


Joined: 15 Mar 2006
Posts: 3363
Location: Foster City,CA
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
holyghost wrote:
http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/joe-mixon-s-victim-says-he-insulted-her-uttered-homophobic-slurs-before-breaking-her-face-020917

Gonna leave this here for the Mixon lovers who want to grab this guy like they're getting some sort of deal. Read the stuff he said to her and her friends, how he sought out the conflict. And how he did it before. All perfectly believable accounts of what actually happened. He's human trash. Trash gets thrown out. Let the Cowboys or Bengals take him, and let Mack and Joseph get to hit him instead of playing on the same team.

Lemme tell ya, no amount of winning advantage is worth selling your soul for. We can win games and Super Bowls with guys like Carr, we don't need Mixons. Some of you guys desperately need better values.

Desperately need better values ? get off the soapbox. No need to look down Your nose on the people who want to draft him just my take I haven't advocated to draft him for the record


I'll stay on that soapbox, proudly and without your approval. I don't know who you think you are attacking someone who chooses to live with values and speak out about expecting better as a person and a fan. You could have just as easily walked by my post, without reply. What reason is there for being an anti-morals internet policeperson. As if any call to morality needs more opposition in a world swirling the drain like it is these days..

Winning football games can be accomplished without desperately and pathetically digging for draft value in guys that indiscriminately terrorize physically weaker people for no reason on the street, bullying and baiting random people and denigrating them, then seek them out further to break their teeth for personal amusement without general human regard or punishment. And it's a two time thing based on this report, which I personally find very believable. Not isolated, not murky waters due to the spin sessions of his "money people" and agents. You can spin, and explain, and bs it away all you want. But any moral person can see with 30 seconds of reading comprehension. the guy likes to punch weaker people for no reason, and is generally a poor quality human being.

Then the guy gets drafted, and just like his high school football team does, the NFL quietly supports his values by accepeting him into a high paying job where he is further hidden behind a huge looming corporate shield. And nothing about him changes, because everything in his experience says he continues to be highly valued.

And you - YOU - support that. Not because you do or not support him being drafted by the Raiders. But because you post here in opposition to me posting about NOT supporting this piece of crap.

Some fans, fans on here, absolutely need to hear that when you find yourself rooting for the Raiders so badly, so hard, that it causes you to lose a sense of values, then it might be a great time to recheck what it is you're willing to sell just to watch a team playing a kid's game win at any cost. This cost ain't worth it. Worth = values.

Just read it and responded like u said u don't need my approval. If fans want to give the guy another chance I'm not gonna roast them for that.
_________________

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holyghost


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 6645
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry wrote:
holyghost wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
holyghost wrote:
http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/joe-mixon-s-victim-says-he-insulted-her-uttered-homophobic-slurs-before-breaking-her-face-020917

Gonna leave this here for the Mixon lovers who want to grab this guy like they're getting some sort of deal. Read the stuff he said to her and her friends, how he sought out the conflict. And how he did it before. All perfectly believable accounts of what actually happened. He's human trash. Trash gets thrown out. Let the Cowboys or Bengals take him, and let Mack and Joseph get to hit him instead of playing on the same team.

Lemme tell ya, no amount of winning advantage is worth selling your soul for. We can win games and Super Bowls with guys like Carr, we don't need Mixons. Some of you guys desperately need better values.

Desperately need better values ? get off the soapbox. No need to look down Your nose on the people who want to draft him just my take I haven't advocated to draft him for the record


I'll stay on that soapbox, proudly and without your approval. I don't know who you think you are attacking someone who chooses to live with values and speak out about expecting better as a person and a fan. You could have just as easily walked by my post, without reply. What reason is there for being an anti-morals internet policeperson. As if any call to morality needs more opposition in a world swirling the drain like it is these days..

Winning football games can be accomplished without desperately and pathetically digging for draft value in guys that indiscriminately terrorize physically weaker people for no reason on the street, bullying and baiting random people and denigrating them, then seek them out further to break their teeth for personal amusement without general human regard or punishment. And it's a two time thing based on this report, which I personally find very believable. Not isolated, not murky waters due to the spin sessions of his "money people" and agents. You can spin, and explain, and bs it away all you want. But any moral person can see with 30 seconds of reading comprehension. the guy likes to punch weaker people for no reason, and is generally a poor quality human being.

Then the guy gets drafted, and just like his high school football team does, the NFL quietly supports his values by accepeting him into a high paying job where he is further hidden behind a huge looming corporate shield. And nothing about him changes, because everything in his experience says he continues to be highly valued.

And you - YOU - support that. Not because you do or not support him being drafted by the Raiders. But because you post here in opposition to me posting about NOT supporting this piece of crap.

Some fans, fans on here, absolutely need to hear that when you find yourself rooting for the Raiders so badly, so hard, that it causes you to lose a sense of values, then it might be a great time to recheck what it is you're willing to sell just to watch a team playing a kid's game win at any cost. This cost ain't worth it. Worth = values.

Just read it and responded like u said u don't need my approval. If fans want to give the guy another chance I'm not gonna roast them for that.


I can and will appreciate that you read it, respect it, and have the mind to have your own opinion which I can also respect.

Who'd have thought? Open discussion on a football forum with mutual respect occurring... Much better than the constant flaming that sometimes goes on. Civil, you know, like being a part of civilization?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 16832
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Some of you guys desperately need better values.


If i can offer some advice, I don't think that's a good way to engage into civil debate.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrOaktown_56


Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 7772
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Some of you guys desperately need better values.


If i can offer some advice, I don't think that's a good way to engage into civil debate.


Yep. I'm not saying he's done all good things with his life, but saying he's an irrevocably bad person who you would root against is way too extreme to the point that I'll defend Mixon against all this BS. He doesn't seem like nearly as bad of a guy as some people here are making him out to be.
_________________
El ramster wrote:
bertuzzi wrote:
Goff and Gurley are the worst QB-RB combo in history lmfao


Yo buddy quit trolling yeah.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyHarry


Joined: 15 Mar 2006
Posts: 3363
Location: Foster City,CA
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
holyghost wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
holyghost wrote:
http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/joe-mixon-s-victim-says-he-insulted-her-uttered-homophobic-slurs-before-breaking-her-face-020917

Gonna leave this here for the Mixon lovers who want to grab this guy like they're getting some sort of deal. Read the stuff he said to her and her friends, how he sought out the conflict. And how he did it before. All perfectly believable accounts of what actually happened. He's human trash. Trash gets thrown out. Let the Cowboys or Bengals take him, and let Mack and Joseph get to hit him instead of playing on the same team.

Lemme tell ya, no amount of winning advantage is worth selling your soul for. We can win games and Super Bowls with guys like Carr, we don't need Mixons. Some of you guys desperately need better values.

Desperately need better values ? get off the soapbox. No need to look down Your nose on the people who want to draft him just my take I haven't advocated to draft him for the record


I'll stay on that soapbox, proudly and without your approval. I don't know who you think you are attacking someone who chooses to live with values and speak out about expecting better as a person and a fan. You could have just as easily walked by my post, without reply. What reason is there for being an anti-morals internet policeperson. As if any call to morality needs more opposition in a world swirling the drain like it is these days..

Winning football games can be accomplished without desperately and pathetically digging for draft value in guys that indiscriminately terrorize physically weaker people for no reason on the street, bullying and baiting random people and denigrating them, then seek them out further to break their teeth for personal amusement without general human regard or punishment. And it's a two time thing based on this report, which I personally find very believable. Not isolated, not murky waters due to the spin sessions of his "money people" and agents. You can spin, and explain, and bs it away all you want. But any moral person can see with 30 seconds of reading comprehension. the guy likes to punch weaker people for no reason, and is generally a poor quality human being.

Then the guy gets drafted, and just like his high school football team does, the NFL quietly supports his values by accepeting him into a high paying job where he is further hidden behind a huge looming corporate shield. And nothing about him changes, because everything in his experience says he continues to be highly valued.

And you - YOU - support that. Not because you do or not support him being drafted by the Raiders. But because you post here in opposition to me posting about NOT supporting this piece of crap.

Some fans, fans on here, absolutely need to hear that when you find yourself rooting for the Raiders so badly, so hard, that it causes you to lose a sense of values, then it might be a great time to recheck what it is you're willing to sell just to watch a team playing a kid's game win at any cost. This cost ain't worth it. Worth = values.

Just read it and responded like u said u don't need my approval. If fans want to give the guy another chance I'm not gonna roast them for that.


I can and will appreciate that you read it, respect it, and have the mind to have your own opinion which I can also respect.

Who'd have thought? Open discussion on a football forum with mutual respect occurring... Much better than the constant flaming that sometimes goes on. Civil, you know, like being a part of civilization?

Most definitely even though I'm Neutral I just felt the need to defend the other side. Having said that il probably stay out of this one going forward
_________________

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrOaktown_56


Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 7772
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:


More than anything, the good deed proof is in the pudding.

Good people do things everyday that don't end up being photographed or on TMZ.

Joe Mixon visits a hospital once and it's news. Why? Because he's a piece of crap trying to get drafted.

So I do I want to talk about the good Mixon does? No. Because I believe, and it's my opinion, that it's complete and utter nonsense that he was coached to do (by lawyers, agents, PR people, or image coaches) to get back in the good graces of the NFL and the PR world so he can get drafted and get rich.


You're saying that because people do good behind the scenes, if the media publicizes it, it's contrived and no longer worthy Laughing .

What a joke man, just listen to yourself.

So a 20 year old KID reaching out to a sick 5 year old in the hospital, going out of his way to avoid the public eye, which was already mentioned, and STILL keeping in contact with the kid although he has no reason to do so, is ALL a media stunt?

If you really can't see this as a good act by a kid who cares about people, you have to be pretty damn hateful.
_________________
El ramster wrote:
bertuzzi wrote:
Goff and Gurley are the worst QB-RB combo in history lmfao


Yo buddy quit trolling yeah.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BayRaider


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 4650
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Some of you guys desperately need better values.


If i can offer some advice, I don't think that's a good way to engage into civil debate.


While I agree he could of worded that better and not sound insulting, he has a very valid point. People here want Mixons ability so bad they are over looking the situation and completely taking it out of context to help him. It's not as simple as she hit him and he defended himself. That's looking at the situation like a simpleton and blindly in his favor. He came walking in there completelt hammered, looking for trouble, said extremely negative slurs to them, they brushed him off, he stayed and continued the slurs, and then hits a woman just because he couldn't take a slap that he deserved in the first place.

He's trash. Sorry some people can't get that through their head. Plenty of good RBs in this draft. I don't want Mixon on the team I root for.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 85, 86, 87  Next
Page 30 of 87

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group