You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Raider Draft Thread 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 85, 86, 87  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

riceraider8080 wrote:
BigD1123 wrote:
Doesn't matter to me. I haven't said it in a month or so and the draft is almost here so I may as well say it. I want Boulware. Also Gallman. Williams and Artavis Scott would be nice as well. That is all carry on...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Boulware is the reincarnation of Greg Beikert. Id love him in the 4th or 5th. He's a football player thru and thru.

My hope is that we double down on LB in the draft. Cunningham or Davis in the 1st and Boulware or Beckwith in the 4th. CB in the 2nd, DT in the 3rd, S in the 5th, RB in the 6th, and OL in the 7th...

I like your layout for the draft because it grabs guys I have been considering in the slots they most likely will be chosen. I also like Boulware's game but I think we'll be able to get him as an UDFA. In the 4th I'd look at Gideon.

Looking at -
1st - LB Cunningham
2nd - SS Jones
3rd - DT Johnson
4th - LB Gideon
5th - CB Douglas/Griffin
6th - RB Rushnell Shell
7th - OL - Justin Senior

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who wants Caleb Brantley? Should be able to get him as a FA now.

https://twitter.com/pinakk12/status/856222215938953218

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

wow... I was hoping for him in the 2nd. Now never mind...
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

These dudes are just so smart
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read that she hit him first. It could be considered self defense if true. Whatever man. I am so sick of hearing all these double standards with regards to women and physical violence. If she instigated it and went at him first, I don't care what he did. You never want to see these things happen, but if you look for trouble you will find it. Man or not.

#JihadWard
First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
I read that she hit him first. It could be considered self defense if true. Whatever man. I am so sick of hearing all these double standards with regards to women and physical violence. If she instigated it and went at him first, I don't care what he did. You never want to see these things happen, but if you look for trouble you will find it. Man or not.

Nope, no excuse. A man in his position needs to have some self control and walk away. A hit to a man his size by her and he barely feels it, a hit to her by a man his size could kill her. Not to mention he's a week away from achieving his dream. No excuse, be the bigger person, walk away, and become a millionaire in a week.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

Nope, no excuse. A man in his position needs to have some self control and walk away. A hit to a man his size by her and he barely feels it, a hit to her by a man his size could kill her. Not to mention he's a week away from achieving his dream. No excuse, be the bigger person, walk away, and become a millionaire in a week.

Yep, you don't hit a woman. The end.
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

If a woman is mad enough to assault a man 3 times her size, do you think she is mad enough to pick up a blunt object and smash him over the head with it or stab him with a weapon, especially when his back is turned walking away?

I bring this up because this exact thing has happened to my best friend in a bar. My friend is a big guy (6'1 280) who broke up with a girl (5'7ish 130ish) and she confronts him in a bar. After word are exchanged, she pushes and slaps him in the face, he blocks and turns to leave at the urging of me and his sister. Ex grabs a bottle and smashes him over the head from behind.

If he or any one else had actually put this out of control person down then he wouldn't have had a split skull and 38 stitches. The problem with the "never hit a woman" stance is you don't know how this person is prepared to escalate the encounter or how you'll react to being hit. People with any kind of training know that you want to eliminate the threat once it is assessed as one. Even without training if someone attacks you may believe you'll react calmly but you don't know til it happens. Sometimes a person natural reaction is to strike back, maybe not even with a punch but with outstretched arms and that is enough to be made out to be a hit in some eyes depending on damage and size difference.

Judging these kinds of encounters without being there and seeing it is spotty at best. And who is to say the witnesses aren't taking sides as 2 people in the bar did in the case of my friend. Female bartender and the exes friend both claimed my friend pushed her first. Security tape along with 6 other wintnesses clearly proved otherwise in court.

I'm am a 100% believer that violence is a last resort but once someone becomes a bodily threat to you, no matter the size, they have established intent. I have learned the hard way that my intent at that point should be to prevent harm to me and mine.

I have thought many times what I should have or could have done differently. The only thing I know for sure was that my friend said almost right afterwards that his first reaction after the shock of the slaps was to push her as hard as possible away but he stopped because of being taught to not hit women and us pulling him away. If he had followed his natural instinct he may have been saved a lot of harm and pain. She may have also been hurt badly but shouldn't someone expect a response if they are willing to inflict harm.

Sorry for the long read...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

101Raider wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

wow... I was hoping for him in the 2nd. Now never mind...

I agree, he was even my top 15 board for the first rd pick. Fits our interior need perfectly as a 3T that can play nose in a 1 gap or 2 gap system. Aaron Donald comparisons were made. Obviously that is a high ceiling projection but that would have been nice. Who know how his stock is affected now?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

If a woman is mad enough to assault a man 3 times her size, do you think she is mad enough to pick up a blunt object and smash him over the head with it or stab him with a weapon, especially when his back is turned walking away?

I bring this up because this exact thing has happened to my best friend in a bar. My friend is a big guy (6'1 280) who broke up with a girl (5'7ish 130ish) and she confronts him in a bar. After word are exchanged, she pushes and slaps him in the face, he blocks and turns to leave at the urging of me and his sister. Ex grabs a bottle and smashes him over the head from behind.

If he or any one else had actually put this out of control person down then he wouldn't have had a split skull and 38 stitches. The problem with the "never hit a woman" stance is you don't know how this person is prepared to escalate the encounter or how you'll react to being hit. People with any kind of training know that you want to eliminate the threat once it is assessed as one. Even without training if someone attacks you may believe you'll react calmly but you don't know til it happens. Sometimes a person natural reaction is to strike back, maybe not even with a punch but with outstretched arms and that is enough to be made out to be a hit in some eyes depending on damage and size difference.

Judging these kinds of encounters without being there and seeing it is spotty at best. And who is to say the witnesses aren't taking sides as 2 people in the bar did in the case of my friend. Female bartender and the exes friend both claimed my friend pushed her first. Security tape along with 6 other wintnesses clearly proved otherwise in court.

I'm am a 100% believer that violence is a last resort but once someone becomes a bodily threat to you, no matter the size, they have established intent. I have learned the hard way that my intent at that point should be to prevent harm to me and mine.

I have thought many times what I should have or could have done differently. The only thing I know for sure was that my friend said almost right afterwards that his first reaction after the shock of the slaps was to push her as hard as possible away but he stopped because of being taught to not hit women and us pulling him away. If he had followed his natural instinct he may have been saved a lot of harm and pain. She may have also been hurt badly but shouldn't someone expect a response if they are willing to inflict harm.

Long post man, just go read the police report on twitter next time before you formulate a long defense. That way you can then assess what the best response would be AFTER you're fully informed. Brantley's life wasn't in "danger". He's an imbecile.
riceraider8080

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

As a 5'9" 150 lb man with an insane and violent 5'6" 130 lb ex gf, i cant tell you how many times i was physically attacked by her and how easy it was to simply grab her wrists, wrap them around her own stomach, softly bear hug her from behind, and carry her out the door.

There's always an easier way than punching a chick in the face...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

Long post man, just go read the police report on twitter next time before you formulate a long defense. That way you can then assess what the best response would be AFTER you're fully informed. Brantley's life wasn't in "danger". He's an imbecile.

I did. My post never implied that his life was in danger, simply related how a situation like that went differently in my experience and I addressed how the witness statements can be questionable. Thanks for the "advice" tho.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
holyghost wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

I did. My post never implied that his life was in danger, simply related how a situation like that went differently in my experience and I addressed how the witness statements can be questionable. Thanks for the "advice" tho.

Rule #1 of dealing with a crazy, violent person: Never take your eyes off a crazy, violent person Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

http://www.wtsp.com/mb/sports/future-nfl-draft-pick-gators-star-brantley-involved-in-fight-with-female/430994826

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
holyghost wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

http://www.wtsp.com/mb/sports/future-nfl-draft-pick-gators-star-brantley-involved-in-fight-with-female/430994826

Positive ID and statements from multiple witnesses. He's going undrafted for sure...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 85, 86, 87  Next
Page 86 of 87

Jump to: