Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Raider Draft Thread 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 84, 85, 86  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlieberum1985

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://justblogbaby.com/2017/04/20/report-mark-davis-approves-oakland-raiders-drafting-joe-mixon/

look like raiders might draft mixon after all since mark davis approves, if no lynch. look for raiders to draft him in 1st or 2nd round
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jlieberum1985 wrote:
http://justblogbaby.com/2017/04/20/report-mark-davis-approves-oakland-raiders-drafting-joe-mixon/

look like raiders might draft mixon after all since mark davis approves, if no lynch. look for raiders to draft him in 1st or 2nd round

Eh no real new evidence there. Guy says he "heard" Davis changed is stance but doesn't give a source and then just refers back to us bringing him in for a visit.

Don't see it happening.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jlieberum1985 wrote:

There's a report out that states Fournette and McCaffrey might be the only RBs drafted in round 1 this year. If that's the case, and Dalvin Cook is there at our pick, I'd happily take him over Lynch and definitely over Mixon

And Mark giving the green light is one hurdle, it doesnt necessarily mean Reggie is on board. I hope its a smokescreen, frankly. We've taken the high road the past few years just to sell it out for a draft pick? He'd better be a top 5 back in the league.. I think he's barely a top 5 back in this draft

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000801177/article/sources-tell-us-dalvin-cook-could-slide-to-round-2-of-nfl-draft?campaign=tw-cf-sf71844044-sf71844044
jlieberum1985

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would draft cook over mixon if he fell to #24, but i don't think that going to happen
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaetano wrote:
jlieberum1985 wrote:

There's a report out that states Fournette and McCaffrey might be the only RBs drafted in round 1 this year. If that's the case, and Dalvin Cook is there at our pick, I'd happily take him over Lynch and definitely over Mixon

And Mark giving the green light is one hurdle, it doesnt necessarily mean Reggie is on board. I hope its a smokescreen, frankly. We've taken the high road the past few years just to sell it out for a draft pick? He'd better be a top 5 back in the league.. I think he's barely a top 5 back in this draft

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000801177/article/sources-tell-us-dalvin-cook-could-slide-to-round-2-of-nfl-draft?campaign=tw-cf-sf71844044-sf71844044

Your wrong bout his talent but I respect your opinion not to like him. Some can't forgive what he's done.

Cook reminds me of LeSean McCoy or Ladainian Tomlinson in some ways, which is a very good thing in some ways. Elusive with power and speed to finish runs. But his reds flags add up. Ball security, poor blitz pickup, recurring shoulder injury and multiple arrests has Cook squarely behind Mixon, Fournette and McCaffery as a prospect IMO.

~This is the year of "win close". Next year is "win big".
~IMO Reggie has a plan for how much he can spend. The 2-4 FA who sign may surprise us but they will make sense once we draft.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
Gaetano wrote:
jlieberum1985 wrote:

Your wrong bout his talent but I respect your opinion not to like him. Some can't forgive what he's done.

Cook reminds me of LeSean McCoy or Ladainian Tomlinson in some ways, which is a very good thing in some ways. Elusive with power and speed to finish runs. But his reds flags add up. Ball security, poor blitz pickup, recurring shoulder injury and multiple arrests has Cook squarely behind Mixon, Fournette and McCaffery as a prospect IMO.
Ya I wouldnt touch Cook until the 4th round at least. Mixon I dont know talent is there and I trust him on the field but I wouldnt take the risk in the 1st. 2nd, maybe.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we sign Lynch, I have a very hard time believing we would take Mixon. Maybe if Lynch doesn't sign by the draft and the whole Beast Mode returning home thing falters, but only then.

#JihadWard
First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
If we sign Lynch, I have a very hard time believing we would take Mixon. Maybe if Lynch doesn't sign by the draft and the whole Beast Mode returning home thing falters, but only then.
Right. Mixon is another bay area guy as well.
agarcia34

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reuben Foster had a diluted drug test at the combine. Could the Raiders luck out here and have Foster fall to 24. Doubt it, but one can dream.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jlieberum1985 wrote:

Scroll down further to the next article talking about safety prospects:

Tedric Thompson CU is another guy who excites me. He's a big time sleeper IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agarcia34 wrote:
Reuben Foster had a diluted drug test at the combine. Could the Raiders luck out here and have Foster fall to 24. Doubt it, but one can dream.
Honestly I have been thinking about taking him off my personal board. He really may not end up being the right fit at MLB or at least being the green dot. I think he is likely the best LB overall but I like Davis or McMillian better as captains of the defense and instincts. If he really fell to us I am not sure if Reggie would take him with a strike 1 against him which this will be.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agarcia34 wrote:

He claims he was sick. I don't really know if I believe him or not and I'm not gonna go through his history for context. Really doesn't change my opinion on him one way or the other
Gaetano

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
Gaetano wrote:
jlieberum1985 wrote:

I understand what Mixon brings to the table. He didnt do it against great competition so I have him as 4th/5th on my board behind Fournette/Cook/McCaffrey and interchanging with Kamara (he's rising too fast for me now, I loved him as a rd3/rd4 sleeper before). I love that he can catch the ball but I do question his vision and ability to make an immediate impact.

But the reason I love Cook is because he's an elite 2-down guy and I dont think 3rd down is off the table at all - he's definitely built like a guy who can block, he just needs to get the technique down. But with Washington and Richard already here, my main concern is someone with + vision who can not only punch it in the redzone, but someone with homerun potential, what with the elite tackle-breaking ability he's shown. Since Fournette's unattainable, someone like Cook becomes really viable for me. He might not ever reach 3-down potential, but I'd be willing to sell out a bit of the future to have a great 3-headed monster of RBs.
Big Rob

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too many red flags for Foster, never ending drama with this guy. Plus weve already dealt with a troubled Bama MLB. Love Foster the player, but man the kid keeps messing up. I'm thinking hes available at 24. Elite player at probably our biggest need.
riceraider8080

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:

He claims he was sick. I don't really know if I believe him or not and I'm not gonna go through his history for context. Really doesn't change my opinion on him one way or the other

No reoprts whatsoever of him being ill before or at the combine. And now wondering if knowing he was gonna fail a UA might've had something to do with his mini-freakout while undergoing his medical checks at the combine...

I personally don't want him. Failed UA, past issues such as his dad and hanging out with his friend(who was murdered) in the Auburn club the night of a triple homicide, and medical issues from the shoulder up. Great talent but too many question marks for me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 84, 85, 86  Next
Page 78 of 86

Jump to: