You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Raider Draft Thread 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 85, 86, 87  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoyalMajesty51o

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
Haason Reddick or Zach Cunningham in the 1st and Budda Baker in the 2nd would be my favorite 1st/2nd combo since 2014. Two needs and all very fun players.

Baker looks like a very exciting player at a position of need in the near future, but would people be okay with having a safety group having both starters being 5'10? Teams could potentially outwork us with bigger TE's/WR's over the middle.

No.

^

everyones favorite fa safety tony jefferson is 5'11
i just wouldnt want 2 dam near rookie safetys
i think kjo should be paired up with vet

I'm not included in everyone unless we were gonna run the same system as Az does. Since I don't think that's happening I want a bigger safety. Doesn't have to be 6'3 just would rather he be able to body up on TEs. I mean we keep calling KJo 5'10 and he is more like 5'8. We need more size back there. I don't even care if it's a vet or not because I don't see us getting rid of Nelson.

You making up numbers now? Have you seen Karl Joseph in person? Did you bring a ruler and measure him? The kid measured in at 5-10. Honestly, it's getting beyond annoying how you keep calling him 5-8.
drfrey13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
4.6 is justs fine. Plenty of talened RBs in the NFL who ran in the 4.6 range.

This is true if he has a good first 10 yards and/or has some wiggle but he does not appear to. Coming back and running a 4.7 is not good but quite a few guys ran a lot slower on the 2nd attempt. I am not challenging your statement but can you give me some examples of good RBs that ran 4.6-4.7. There is a lot to like about Perine but I do not know if he has enough burst to get to the holes before they close.
RoyalMajesty51o

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This DE-Tarell Basham kid from Ohio is quite intriguing. He checked in at 6-4 and 269lbs with 34 1/4 arms and 10 1/4 hands.
Chwf3rd25

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Cook falls to 24 now?
Big Rob

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chwf3rd25 wrote:
Maybe Cook falls to 24 now?

4.5 is plenty fast, but I expected him to run low 4.4s, dude has unbelievable busrt. Wouldn't be surprised if hes available at 24 but I'm sure he goes top 20. I'm sure hell run a faster time at his pro day Laughing
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
I would support a Christian McCaffrey pick at 24 because he offers an instant impact at RB/PR and WR. But my favorite RB for Oakland is still Samaje Perine. I just think he is the perfect fit for the type of RBs we already have.

With you on this one. Perine in the 3/4th>>>>>McCaffery in the 1st every day of the week.
I am liking Perine more as well. Him and Hunt.
drfrey13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple mid round guys I want to take a closer look at are Jamaal Williams, Brian Hill, and Marlon Mack. I really like Williams and think he can get better after taking 2015 off.
MAVERIC4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see they had McCaffrey running routes in the Slot today.
I wasn't sold on drafting him as a our RB1 due to his size but how about taking him in the first to play Slot WR/RB/PR/KR ? He could fill a lot of holes and we could still pick up a Samaje type later on?
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
Haason Reddick or Zach Cunningham in the 1st and Budda Baker in the 2nd would be my favorite 1st/2nd combo since 2014. Two needs and all very fun players.

Baker looks like a very exciting player at a position of need in the near future, but would people be okay with having a safety group having both starters being 5'10? Teams could potentially outwork us with bigger TE's/WR's over the middle.

No.

^

I'm not included in everyone unless we were gonna run the same system as Az does. Since I don't think that's happening I want a bigger safety. Doesn't have to be 6'3 just would rather he be able to body up on TEs. I mean we keep calling KJo 5'10 and he is more like 5'8. We need more size back there. I don't even care if it's a vet or not because I don't see us getting rid of Nelson.

You making up numbers now? Have you seen Karl Joseph in person? Did you bring a ruler and measure him? The kid measured in at 5-10. Honestly, it's getting beyond annoying how you keep calling him 5-8.

I'm with NTL u say he's making up numbers but where did he " measure " in at ? Colleges and Team sites seem to be generous with the listings

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
drfrey13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAVERIC4 wrote:
I see they had McCaffrey running routes in the Slot today.
I wasn't sold on drafting him as a our RB1 due to his size but how about taking him in the first to play Slot WR/RB/PR/KR ? He could fill a lot of holes and we could still pick up a Samaje type later on?

That would be fine but are we going to carry 5 RBs? I think Olawale could be a good power/short yardage back but for some reason he is not used that way.
RoyalMajesty51o

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
BayRaider wrote:

No.

^

I'm with NTL u say he's making up numbers but where did he " measure " in at ? Colleges and Team sites seem to be generous with the listings

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/karl-joseph?id=2555342

Your turn. Where does he measure in at 5-8 at?
raidr4life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
I would support a Christian McCaffrey pick at 24 because he offers an instant impact at RB/PR and WR. But my favorite RB for Oakland is still Samaje Perine. I just think he is the perfect fit for the type of RBs we already have.

With you on this one. Perine in the 3/4th>>>>>McCaffery in the 1st every day of the week.
McCaffery is a luxury pick, meaning because of his size he will fall to a good team at the end of the 1st round.
bitty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Called it on Jabrill Peppers 5'11. Can't believe anyone who sees him play thinks he's 6'1.
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
BayRaider wrote:

No.

^

Like many have noted and mentioned before us, sites and teams fudge the #s in favor of guys that are considered slightly undersized or overweight all the time. You are left to use you eyes unless you can get him to stand still for you documented measure.

I present to you what confirmed my suspicion.

Here are Kalr and Reggie standing next to each other. Reggie documented at 5'11 and also has dreads. So take that into account. But the part that is really telling to me is the shoulders. That is something that can't be fudged, fakes, disputed or explained away. He is a good 2 inches shorter than Reggie.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
DirtyHarry wrote:
RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
BayRaider wrote:

No.

^

Like many have noted and mentioned before us, sites and teams fudge the #s in favor of guys that are considered slightly undersized or overweight all the time. You are left to use you eyes unless you can get him to stand still for you documented measure.

I present to you what confirmed my suspicion.

Here are Kalr and Reggie standing next to each other. Reggie documented at 5'11 and also has dreads. So take that into account. But the part that is really telling to me is the shoulders. That is something that can't be fudged, fakes, disputed or explained away. He is a good 2 inches shorter than Reggie.

Some site listed the measurements says 5'10 but he looks shorter than that maybe I need my eyes checked.

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 85, 86, 87  Next
Page 3 of 87

Jump to: