Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Deebo signed to 2 year deal
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Deebo signed to 2 year deal Reply with quote

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRGzPJogy04/

https://twitter.com/jharrison9292/status/837012848807129089
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Report is 2year 3.5 million
waffles7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:

Yep, those are the numbers I've read as well.

I love the deal personally. I thought he'd demand 3-4 million per but under 2 milli is a steal if you ask me. Great stop gap and veteran leader who can hopefully show this years 1st or second round OLB the ropes before riding off into the sunset.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Christmas for 3rivers.

Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
JLambert58

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:

We should tell him they just signed Jarvis for 5 years and then re-signed Cam Thomas. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

waffles7 wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:

I love the deal personally. I thought he'd demand 3-4 million per but under 2 milli is a steal if you ask me. Great stop gap and veteran leader who can hopefully show this years 1st or second round OLB the ropes before riding off into the sunset.

Pretty much this.

Also allows if they need the cap room, to cut Moats without much thought and save $2 mill.
JLambert58

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:
waffles7 wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:

Pretty much this.

Also allows if they need the cap room, to cut Moats without much thought and save $2 mill.

Not so fast on Moats. Everybody's ready to ship him out of town. I'm as glad as anyone that JH got re-signed, but let's not forget he's 39 years old and his career could end on any given play basically. Moats is solid depth that we need to keep.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
AlanFanecaFan wrote:
waffles7 wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:

Pretty much this.

Not so fast on Moats. Everybody's ready to ship him out of town. I'm as glad as anyone that JH got re-signed, but let's not forget he's 39 years old and his career could end on any given play basically. Moats is solid depth that we need to keep.

At best he's 4th in the rotation after they use a high pick on an edge guy. Bad use of cap room at that point.

Even though I've spoke against it, at that point, I'd rather use a mid rd pick on another edge guy than have Moats.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
AlanFanecaFan wrote:
waffles7 wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:

Pretty much this.

Just curious, what exactly does Moats offer?

He isnt a good pass rusher.
He is average against the run.
He is terrible in coverage.

His best asset IMO is he is a good locker room guy (based on what Ive seen/read).

In terms of his on field ability, he is pretty easily replaceable IMO. Could you do worse? Sure....but he is largely JAG.

That being said, we will probably keep Moats for 2017. However, IMO, we need to draft two pass rushers early and maybe sign a low cost vet in FA to at least COMPETE for a job.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:

Harrison will be in his 60s and 3rivers will still be pushing for us to resign him. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harrison isn't 39 yet. Close though. (May)

I like this move a lot. Very cheap. He's still very good. At that salary he can be a situational guy and depth. Hopefully they're able to add some studs to replace him with eventually this year.
Steeler Hitman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
AlanFanecaFan wrote:
waffles7 wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:

Pretty much this.

We need to upgrade at OLB. You can only keep so many and not upgrade at the same time. Debo will hopefully be on ice for most of the year. We don't want him starting, but rather spelling someone. We need an infusion of youth and talent at the position. Despite not being a traditional 3-4 anymore, our LB'ers are typically the strength of the team. With Bud, Chickello, and Debo outside, we could use two more young guns who can rush the QB because we now play a lot of nickel.

On the inside we have Shazier and I would like to see another young speedy ILB/OLB combo guy to replace Timmons. He still has gas in the tank, but I think it is time to move forward as we have Williams as insurance and I actually like Matakevich as a sleeper.

Moates can make a play or two, but does not offer much pass rush or splash that our defense needs. great guy and would not normally be a bad back-up, but we need improvement that he just doesn't offer.
JLambert58

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, AFF, 43M & Hitman. I hear you. He's not a great OLB but he does bring some stability as a back up. He's not a great a pass rusher but he's been serviceable in limited snaps. My point is, are you going to trust a rookie more than a seasoned vet who can play both sides? I won't. Not yet. If we can upgrade, fine, but as of this moment, I don't see an upgrade on the roster. If we draft two studs, maybe that changes. But in the meantime, we are hanging our hat on a 39 year old aging stud and unknown rookies. Do you see where I'm going with this? Moats is reliable depth, not a starter. Before we send him packing, let's make sure we have something better to round out the position.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JLambert58 wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:

We should tell him they just signed Jarvis for 5 years and then re-signed Cam Thomas. Laughing

when will we be told tomlin (or new HC) has a DC that won't play zone vs pats, actually remembers (has memory) how the pats move at will vs zones. Then sign Revis and drafts another CB pk1. Edge will be in RD2 and RD4 now that Harrison is signed, RD1 Edge might wait another year. Harrison can't play all the time all year, they will preserve for the playoffs. This is a good year to get Edge in later rounds other than RD1, so it is also a good year to address other issues.
JLambert58

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
JLambert58 wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:

when will we be told tomlin (or new HC) has a DC that won't play zone vs pats, actually remembers (has memory) how the pats move at will vs zones. Then sign Revis and drafts another CB pk1. Edge will be in RD2 and RD4 now that Harrison is signed, RD1 Edge might wait another year. Harrison can't play all the time all year, they will preserve for the playoffs. This is a good year to get Edge in later rounds other than RD1, so it is also a good year to address other issues.

3rivers, you're back. Thought you were still in Pats hangover mode. Wink

Please NO to Revis. Guy's a cancer with diminishing talents. As much as I wouldn't me mad at a Rd. 1 CB, I highly doubt the FO actually pulls the trigger on that two years in a row. Pretty sure they are going OLB if they're board doesn't get shredded in the first 29 picks. But say CB, OLB, WR, OLB in the first 4 picks wouldn't be bad if the right guys fell.

Who do you like at OLB in the 2nd - 4th?

I liked DeMarcus Walker's highlight tape but not quite as much after watching the Ole Miss game. Though he did have 4.5 sacks, everything came off a nasty swim move to the inside. He didn't show much coming from the outside, nor against the run.

Totally agree that they cannot play Harrison the number of snaps they did in the 2nd half of last year and expect him to be in tact for the playoffs.

(Fake Sig)
FIRE TOMLIN FIRE BUTLER and might as well FIRE HALEY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: