Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A Y2 Pre-Free Agency/Pre-Combine Mock Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GANNDMK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice draft. Like how you acquired another #1 for next year. This would be our best offense in years.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
big9erfan wrote:
Perhaps you remembered that I liked Miller last year? I'm still holding out hopes for that to work out. It took Pryor a few years but he's there now. Maybe Miller goes the same path.

Yep - that was why I noted it, as I was similarly very against Miller. You might be right in regards to him taking a few years like Pryor, but that's why I didn't want him last year. We need WR help badly in an immediate sense. This is also somewhat why I don't like Samuel. I'll agree he's more proven, but I don't think he's special in anything other than his ability to do a lot of things. That kind of player I see as a mid-round pick as a utility guy, not an early 2nd. But we can agree to disagree on that player. If Shanahan wanted him, I'd feel okay with it. I'll say that.

Quote:
On the other hand there might be an opportunity to take a edge guy at 40. Reddick could fall that far. Watt might well still be there. It's even possible that one of the "good" ones that people thinking would go in the first falls that far. Would you consider Engram at 40 and an edge guy at 34 if one of the good ones is still there? Who would you take at 40 if you couldn't work out the trade?

I would be okay with Engram at 40. That's close to where I have him right now, but I consider the difference from Njoku to him to be sizable, personally. But maybe TJ Watt and him together would make for a nice combo I could be happy with. Maybe even Cooper Kupp and Watt, depending on if both would be available.

I've been pretty bad at identifying future stars at the WR spot for years now. So you're probably right.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing offseason! Love that twist in the end getting us Cousins.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: