Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Combine Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CBears019

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: NFL Combine Thread Reply with quote

Full schedule: http://www.nflcombine.net/players/schedule/

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pace presser highlights

-No tag for Jeffery, will monitor his market

-Cutler situation is fluid and he could be back, beat guys laughed at that.

-No surgery for Kyle Long shoulder

-Ready and prepared for free agency

-QB that elevates his program made it in again.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure if anyone else feels this way, but it doesn't seem like this rebuild has bottomed out and is heading back up. It still feels like the Bears are going to be bad next season.

Heading into year 3 and we need a complete reset at the QB position and now we need a #1 WR, in addition to the needs that already existed.

I am not saying this is a criticism of Pace, I just expected to be in a little better position heading into year 3.
topwop1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
I am not sure if anyone else feels this way, but it doesn't seem like this rebuild has bottomed out and is heading back up. It still feels like the Bears are going to be bad next season.

Heading into year 3 and we need a complete reset at the QB position and now we need a #1 WR, in addition to the needs that already existed.

I am not saying this is a criticism of Pace, I just expected to be in a little better position heading into year 3.

A QB reset was expected, the writing has been on the wall for a while now.

Again, you are jumping the gun by saying they'll need a new #1 WR. Until Jeffery has officially signed with another club not named the Bears nothing should be written in stone.

Lastly, you've been bashing the team since half way though the 2016 season and all off season saying how bad they are, and now you are saying you expected them to be in a better position heading into year 3 of this regime when free agency and the draft haven't even happened yet? C'mon. Let's see what happens over the course of the next couple months before making any declarations on the state of this team heading into 2017.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Again, you are jumping the gun by saying they'll need a new #1 WR. Until Jeffery has officially signed with another club not named the Bears nothing should be written in stone.

Lastly, you've been bashing the team since half way though the 2016 season and all off season saying how bad they are, and now you are saying you expected them to be in a better position heading into year 3 of this regime when free agency and the draft haven't even happened yet? C'mon. Let's see what happens over the course of the next couple months before making any declarations on the state of this team heading into 2017.

I do not see a reasonable way for them to address all the issues that they have.

The Bears suck and they sucked in 2016, but 2 years ago when Pace and Fox were hired I expected them to be further along than right now. I think most of us did if we pull up the old threads.
topwop1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I do not see a reasonable way for them to address all the issues that they have.

The Bears suck and they sucked in 2016, but 2 years ago when Pace and Fox were hired I expected them to be further along than right now. I think most of us did if we pull up the old threads.

Well Pace has surprised us before. He reasonably met most of the team's immediate needs last offseason so why not give him the benefit of the doubt heading into this year's FA/draft period?

Most of us expected a better product 2 years into this regime, but most of us also probably didn't realize how poor the overall state of the team was when these guys took over. Dramatic results don't happen overnight.

It's just annoying how many times it gets beaten to a pulp around here that this team is bad. Yes we all know that. Let's see what moves they actually make/don't make this offseason to help improve the team moving forward before judging them.
gah112

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a pretty deep EDGE class, it will be interesting to see if any later-round guys test well. Pace seems to value athleticism and measurables at that position.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam Robinson coming in at 6-6" 322lbs with 35'5" arms...#3 would be far too rich but if we were to trade down he could be in play...I think he can stick on the left side...

Ryan Ramczyk really well sized at 6-6" 310lbs with 33'3/4" arms...like him even more than Robinson.
topwop1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When do the QB's weigh in?
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:

Praying that Trubisky and Watson are both 6'2" and both over 220lbs.
topwop1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
topwop1 wrote:

Praying that Trubisky and Watson are both 6'2" and both over 220lbs.

Watson appears to be 6'2-6'3.

Trubisky on the other hand might measure closer to 6'0-6'1. Can't wait to see the official results.
wiscbearsfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

This is exactly how I'm feeling. The Cutler contract was structured in such a fashion that it was highly probable that 2016 would be his last year in Chicago. That was pretty much obvious when Pace took the job. He chose to ignore the position and has also seemingly bungled the WR position. White was an unfortunate situation that I won't criticize Pace for but at the same time he also wouldn't come off of his high horse in negotiations with Alshon and appears to have clowned himself.

In terms of a rebuild I figured 2017 was a stretch to be truly competitive but with the right picks and signings it could come together. But that's not remotely close as of today.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I dont care about height measurements...I'm pretty sure most people on here know what I'm waiting for Laughing

^^ props to LBC on the sig Smile
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Personally I dont care about height measurements...I'm pretty sure most people on here know what I'm waiting for Laughing

Watson's got the hands of a 7'4 guy so you should be good Laughing
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Watson's got the hands of a 7'4 guy so you should be good Laughing

Watson I'm good with...I'm just waiting to see if I can cross Trubisky completely off my list.

^^ props to LBC on the sig Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: