Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings will not pick up Peterson's option for 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
Adrian Peterson @adrianpeterson Via Instagram
YOU CANT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR PEOPLE. The last thing I'm worried about is playing ball this coming season ... that WILL HAPPEN! It's not all about the money as EVERYONE is speculating here lately. You'd THINK these analysts spoke to me directly. When you don't know what's going on people will say anything to create or make a story! How prideful is it for me to put out ... I won't play for anything less than 8 million! But see, when you don't know a person or what they stand for it's easy to paint YOUR OWN PICTURE. Unfortunately, this is the world we live in! Here is something Straight from the horse's mouth ... finding the best fit & helping a team in a major way win a championship is my main objective! I'm in no rush. Let me eliminate questions or speculation as to why... I believe whole heartedly my God will land me right where I need to be to accomplish what I've asked from him PERIOD

Easy on the Caps lock AD.

I have a great response for this, but it wouldn't go over well with the mods.

I hope he finds that team and can help them win. I still think he can be a good football player even at his age and position. I'd like to see him prove people wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, he hasn't done much in the past to dissuade people from the notion that he cares more about the money than "the best fit."

Thx to Lil Uno!
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Unfortunately, he hasn't done much in the past to dissuade people from the notion that he cares more about the money than "the best fit."

I think playing time is likely Petersons biggest motivation, even more then money or a chance at a ring. I doubt Peterson wants to be part of a RB by committee situation.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
disaacs wrote:

I think playing time is likely Petersons biggest motivation, even more then money or a chance at a ring. I doubt Peterson wants to be part of a RB by committee situation.

He may not want to, but that's likely all that's going to be available.

Thx to Lil Uno!
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
disaacs wrote:

At this point, I don't see any team where Peterson isn't the backup.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
disaacs wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
disaacs wrote:

At this point, I don't see any team where Peterson isn't the backup.

He would probably start on the Giants and likely the Bucs if they were to move on from Martin.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Zimmer at owners meeting:

on Adrian Peterson gone: "He's still a good player.'' Said it's part of getting younger. Hasn't talked to him since let go.

on Adrian Peterson: "As a football player, he's a great player.''

said no teams have called him to ask about free agent Adrian Peterson (regarding what kind of person/player he is).

said he hasn’t talked to Adrian Peterson since the season ended. Didn’t deny salary played a role in not bringing him back.

-Dan Gable
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could he be heading to Tampa after all? Sure spending a lot of time going out, eating, training and working out with Buc's players and coaches.
To be honest, it looks like he was photoshopped onto that second picture, he's got some really light legs!

-Dan Gable
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Adrian Peterson set to visit the Patriots on Monday, per sources: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19060921/adrian-peterson-visit-new-england-patriots-monday

-Dan Gable
byuvike88

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
Adrian Peterson set to visit the Patriots on Monday, per sources: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19060921/adrian-peterson-visit-new-england-patriots-monday

I'd personally like him to go there. I'd like to see him get a ring and we will all know if by chance the Vikings make the super bowl next year they'd be playing the Patriots anyway

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byuvike88 wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:

I'd personally like him to go there. I'd like to see him get a ring and we will all know if by chance the Vikings make the super bowl next year they'd be playing the Patriots anyway

Had to become a Patriot to get a Ring in Minnesota... Sounds like a solid strategy.

-Dan Gable
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it comes to the Patriots of the past generation, one thing is clear: News gets disclosed only when they want it to be. So why did the Patriots want news of the looming Adrian Peterson visit to be disclosed? Let’s explore the reasons. Or maybe the reason, singular.

They have yet to re-sign running back LeGarrette Blount, who led the league in rushing touchdowns last year and who remains a free agent. Assuming the team wants him back (why wouldn’t it?), it’s safe to assume Blount wants more than the team has offered. So what better way to get Blount to take what’s on the table than to openly flirt with someone else?

Yes, it’s possible the Patriots genuinely are interested in Peterson. If the Patriots were, though, the Patriots would have kept it quiet (and insisted on secrecy from Peterson’s camp) until Tuesday afternoon, when the Monday visit that wasn’t reported in time to make it to the Monday transaction report finally would have come to light. By then, the Patriots would have had a chance to make a decision on whether the Patriots want him without risking that someone else will cough up more money in an effort to get him signed.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/02/why-did-the-patriots-leak-the-adrian-peterson-visit/

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Patriots had running back Adrian Peterson in for a visit on Monday, but it appears the day will end with Peterson still a free agent.

Field Yates of ESPN.com reports that Peterson’s visit came to an end without a deal being struck between the two sides. Per Yates, they may revisit things down the road but that there’s nothing to stop Peterson from meeting and/or signing with another club.

A visit with the Patriots could help get the ball rolling on that front, although Peterson has only had one other visit since the Vikings released him and his meeting with the Seahawks didn’t do anything to generate other interest around the league.

Mike Florio suggested on these pages that Monday’s visit may have been designed to get the attention of LeGarrette Blount, who is also a free agent and could be more willing to agree to New England’s terms for a return to the Patriots after Peterson’s visit. We’ll see if anything develops on that front and where things might develop for Peterson as his search for a 2017 home continues.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/03/report-adrian-peterson-visit-with-patriots-ends-without-a-deal/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie Borsilli @Borsilli
Source: Adrian Peterson's desired destination is the Raiders but they're locked in on acquiring Marshawn Lynch, right now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
Eddie Borsilli @Borsilli
Source: Adrian Peterson's desired destination is the Raiders but they're locked in on acquiring Marshawn Lynch, right now.

There's no reason for the Seahawks to relinquish his rights, so that's really pure nonsense to me. Also, if you're going to take a guy who's been away from the game for practically a year, I'd take the guy that has a history of being in shape...of which Marshawn Lynch does not have.

Thx to Lil Uno!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: