Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings will not pick up Peterson's option for 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

their schedule doesn't look too bad, he'll have a better offensive line in front of him and he'll have a great QB to work with.

even in a limited role I think he'll do well and New Orleans will be able to incorporate him into their offense effectively.

but I'm not expecting much out of him Week 1, as usual.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for Adrian, I hope he continues to climb the record books. One of my all-time favorite Vikings (27 years old). I seriously hope we as fans don't boo him when he returns week 1.

"My purpose will not be denied."
- Teddy Bridgewater 9/1/16
disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeManDan wrote:
Good for Adrian, I hope he continues to climb the record books. One of my all-time favorite Vikings (27 years old). I seriously hope we as fans don't boo him when he returns week 1.

They will. It's just what they do. Minnesota Nice towards former players went out the window with Chuck Knoblauch.

Thx to Lil Uno!
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian Robison: 'He always said he could run on us, we say he could never run on us. Something has to break."

Krammer‏ @Andrew_Krammer

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
Colorado Vike

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, Peterson is not expected to sign with anyone before the 2017 NFL Draft.

He threw in a “barring a dramatic shift,” but really there’s no reason for a team to be in a hurry.

Teams naturally want to get significant FA signings done before the draft, so they know which positions to target. I wouldn't be surprised if the Saints even told Peterson that the offer was only good up until the draft.
Boda

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
VikeManDan wrote:

They will. It's just what they do. Minnesota Nice towards former players went out the window with Chuck Knoblauch.

Hmmm, yet KG always got cheered. I think Adrian will get cheered tbh
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will get boo'ed because of the dumb stuff his old man said about the Vikings. He always made money his #1 option the past few years. No we gave him no offer. Boo him, not like he doesn't deserve it. He was a vital reason he got his current team to the Super Bowl in 09

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signed before June 1st... counts in the compensatory pick formula Dancing Dancing

That's all I care about in regard to Adrian at this point.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
vikesfan89

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully he has another slow start.

What are the odds of NO making the playoffs? I wouldn't mind Peterson having a solid year on a bad team.

I could see him having a decent year
Colorado Vike

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesfan89 wrote:

Anyone else thinking that this will be the year he gets 30 carries during the preseason? He has a lot to prove this year and he'll need those carries, both to learn the offense and to be ready for week one. I have a feeling he won't be starting as slow as in past years.
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colorado Vike wrote:
vikesfan89 wrote:

Anyone else thinking that this will be the year he gets 30 carries during the preseason? He has a lot to prove this year and he'll need those carries, both to learn the offense and to be ready for week one. I have a feeling he won't be starting as slow as in past years.

At least it's at home this time! The opener will be the 10th Saints-Vikings game since 2001 and only the 3rd in Minnesota.

Saints are traditionally tougher to beat at home than they are on the road. But maybe more important is how much better Drew Brees is at home. In the same number of games home vs. away, Brees has thrown 22 fewer passes at home for 68 more completions, 2,000 more yards and 75 more touchdowns at home versus 8 fewer interceptions.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@christomasson: The very good website http://overthecap.com reports Adrian Peterson signing with Saints should get #Vikings 6th-round compensatory pick

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
He will get boo'ed because of the dumb stuff his old man said about the Vikings. He always made money his #1 option the past few years. No we gave him no offer. Boo him, not like he doesn't deserve it. He was a vital reason he got his current team to the Super Bowl in 09

Who cares what his dad says? And criticizing one moment in his career without considering the whole thing is kind of ridiculous. He's the best running back we've ever had.
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boda wrote:
disaacs wrote:
VikeManDan wrote:

KG didn't really have any dramatic character flaws. KG is the exception to rule that has appeared since Knoblauch (which, by the way, is the most embarrassed I've ever felt as a Minnesota native and fan).

Thx to Lil Uno!
Worm Guts

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Boda wrote:
disaacs wrote:
VikeManDan wrote:

KG didn't really have any dramatic character flaws. KG is the exception to rule that has appeared since Knoblauch (which, by the way, is the most embarrassed I've ever felt as a Minnesota native and fan).

We don't like players who force their way out or don't want to be here. That was the big issue with Knoblauch and it's why Kevin Love gets booed, otherwise I don't think former players typically get booed. I'm pretty sure Torii and others (Moss?)have been cheered.
It's possible Peterson could get booed, but I think you'll have a mixed reaction.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: