Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings will not pick up Peterson's option for 2017
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SemperFeist


Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 7914
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Vikings will not pick up Peterson's option for 2017 Reply with quote

Quote:
Minnesota Vikings
‏@Vikings

The #Vikings will not exercise the 2017 option on Adrian Peterson's contract.

_________________


Last edited by SemperFeist on Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Virginia Viking


Joined: 27 Dec 2007
Posts: 3755
Location: Winchester, VA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This means that AP is free to negotiate with both the Vikings and other teams on terms of new contract. No??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Gnat


Moderator
Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Posts: 39225
Location: Minneapolis
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe so. Though, he might only be able to negotiate with the Vikings right now, and have to wait until free agency period starts.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VikeManDan


Joined: 22 Dec 2010
Posts: 3281
Location: Minnesota
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was the right move. I wonder if they'll do something similar with AD like they did with Griffen where they let him test the market and offer to match (or am I thinking of someone else)?
_________________

"My purpose will not be denied."
- Teddy Bridgewater 9/1/16
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gopherwrestler


Joined: 20 Jan 2014
Posts: 5568
Location: 'Sota
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He can only speak with the Vikings. He is and will be a Minnesota Viking until the deadline of March 9th 4:00 PM ET unless we officially release him. After that he will be available to talk to other teams.
_________________

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rpmwr19


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 35760
Location: Stillwater, MN
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy move to make.
_________________

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tyty


Joined: 05 Sep 2015
Posts: 5370
Location: do what you want ea I'm not your mother
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why running backs should never get most of their money at the end of their contracts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SemperFeist


Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 7914
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty wrote:
That's why running backs should never get most of their money at the end of their contracts

He didn't.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gopherwrestler


Joined: 20 Jan 2014
Posts: 5568
Location: 'Sota
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats everybody's favorite Adrian Peterson memory/play?

I had a few.




_________________

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 52612
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Easy move to make.


Yes it was. Much needed too.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gopherwrestler


Joined: 20 Jan 2014
Posts: 5568
Location: 'Sota
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Statement to me from Adrian Peterson: "It’s been a great 10 years with the Minnesota Vikings. They know what I bring to the organization as a player, with my work ethic and dedication. I spoke with Rick Spielman this past weekend. The door is still open to find some common ground. I understand addressing the offensive line is one of their main priorities this offseason. In the meantime, I will explore my other options and see what path God leads me on. My main goal remains the same: to win a Super Bowl championship with a great team, which I also believe we have in Minnesota."


Takes a jab at the O-Line, promotes himself, leaves door open for returning to Minnesota.

To me, just go somewhere else where we don't have to play you this year.
_________________

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tyty


Joined: 05 Sep 2015
Posts: 5370
Location: do what you want ea I'm not your mother
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
Tyty wrote:
That's why running backs should never get most of their money at the end of their contracts

He didn't.


His contract said he made 15m then 12m and would've made 18 this year

Still tho, the 27m in two years is what most elite rbs make in their entire csreer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tyty


Joined: 05 Sep 2015
Posts: 5370
Location: do what you want ea I'm not your mother
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
Whats everybody's favorite Adrian Peterson memory/play?

I had a few.

[img]https://media.giphy.com/media/hpRpVU6HlKiQw/giphy.gif[/]
[img]https://media.giphy.com/media/n7FYprtsWYe3e/giphy.gif[/]
[img]https://media.giphy.com/media/zufgpj1Ezm2Mo/giphy.gif[/]


One of his runs during his 200 yard performance against Chicago his rookie year is what I think of when I think of him. My favorite moment was probably him going to town on the steelers defender
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gopherwrestler


Joined: 20 Jan 2014
Posts: 5568
Location: 'Sota
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty wrote:
SemperFeist wrote:
Tyty wrote:
That's why running backs should never get most of their money at the end of their contracts

He didn't.


His contract said he made 15m then 12m and would've made 18 this year

Still tho, the 27m in two years is what most elite rbs make in their entire csreer


The key there with the big last season number was the ability to make the contract look bigger, with the ability to dump him if we needed to.
_________________

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Virginia Viking


Joined: 27 Dec 2007
Posts: 3755
Location: Winchester, VA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
Quote:
Statement to me from Adrian Peterson: "It’s been a great 10 years with the Minnesota Vikings. They know what I bring to the organization as a player, with my work ethic and dedication. I spoke with Rick Spielman this past weekend. The door is still open to find some common ground. I understand addressing the offensive line is one of their main priorities this offseason. In the meantime, I will explore my other options and see what path God leads me on. My main goal remains the same: to win a Super Bowl championship with a great team, which I also believe we have in Minnesota."


Takes a jab at the O-Line, promotes himself, leaves door open for returning to Minnesota.

To me, just go somewhere else where we don't have to play you this year.


I find nothing inflammatory in Peterson's statement. In fact, it is gracious and clear. He didn't take a jab at the line...he states that he understands the front offices' priorities.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group