You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings will not pick up Peterson's option for 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kparty69

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would imagine we could sign Jamal Charles for less than Peterson.
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kparty69 wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
BWG VIKE wrote:
SemperFeist wrote:
My prediction is that he lands in Tampa Bay for 3 years, $20M.
I think the Bucs is most realistic but when do they need to make a decision on Martin? No way they pay both.

Most places have said Martin won't be back after failing another drug test. No dead money if cut.

Why would Peterson go to Tampa though? In his statement he said he wanted to win a Super Bowl. I think he would be willing to take less money from the Patriots, Giants, or Vikings if that's what he really wants. I don't really think of the Buccaneers as a contender.

Depends on what you think of Jameis Winston and Mike Evans. Defense there is solid, with Peterson, and possibility of an addition to WR/TE position in the draft that offense could be a weapon. They had success with little to no running game last year.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kparty69 wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
BWG VIKE wrote:
SemperFeist wrote:
I think the Bucs is most realistic but when do they need to make a decision on Martin? No way they pay both.

Most places have said Martin won't be back after failing another drug test. No dead money if cut.

Why would Peterson go to Tampa though? In his statement he said he wanted to win a Super Bowl. I think he would be willing to take less money from the Patriots, Giants, or Vikings if that's what he really wants. I don't really think of the Buccaneers as a contender.

Because I don't believe in coincidences, and we've twice seen/heard Peterson and his representation bring up Tampa Bay.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I do think AP is about the money, I feel like at this juncture he will try to pick a team that has a shot at making a super bowl run. My bet would be the Raiders or coming back to us if the market doesn't offer him money that is more competitive.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, and I looked and behold, a Pale Horse...

And his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

NSDQ
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Peterson entered NFL in 2007, no team had ever used shotgun on more than 50% of plays.
2016 season: shotgun on 79% of passing plays.

That leaves only 21% of passing plays to be under center. Less than that for using play action. To get the effect for Peterson in the passing game a team will most likely have to change up their offense. Peterson is more successful when he can line up 6-8 yards in the backfield to get going. He has consistently struggled in shotgun. His value is just going down hill, not to even mention his age.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kparty69 wrote:
I would imagine we could sign Jamal Charles for less than Peterson.

Well yeah, we could probably sign Matt Asiata for less than him too. Doesn't mean we should.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
When Peterson entered NFL in 2007, no team had ever used shotgun on more than 50% of plays.
2016 season: shotgun on 79% of passing plays.

That leaves only 21% of passing plays to be under center. Less than that for using play action. To get the effect for Peterson in the passing game a team will most likely have to change up their offense. Peterson is more successful when he can line up 6-8 yards in the backfield to get going. He has consistently struggled in shotgun. His value is just going down hill, not to even mention his age.

Wow! That is a heck of an evolution of the game.

I hope he's healthy and crushing defenses again. One of my favorite players to watch, if not root for.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kparty69 wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
BWG VIKE wrote:
SemperFeist wrote:

They're up and coming at least.

Tampa Bay is where the money is at. New England is where the hardware is at. His entire career he said he wants to win a ring. Playing with the two GOATS looks like a safe bet on his part to scratch off his ultimate goal.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If money is what Peterson wants, he should go to Tampa. No state income tax plus they should have plenty to spend. I don't think Peterson truly cares about a ring as much as getting a chance to be the primary ball carrier. Honestly, moving up the all time rushing list probably does more for his legacy than a ring would. Tampa isn't a terrible team either. Good defense, emerging QB, good receivers. They need to retool the OL though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that Peterson will be a free agent, I see him wanting to move on unless the Vikings do offer quite a bit more than the next team.

If he gets on the right team, I could still see him having a couple good seasons.

I think my favorite Peterson play was the run against the Browns. My favorite game was probably against the Chargers. I still remember listening to that game . Paul Allen was going nuts. Or that game that he won for us against the packers
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrian is without a doubt my favorite Viking ever to play. Even though I know it's probably not what's best, Id love to see Adrian come back and finish a Viking. Realistically though, I do not believe he will be back. I think we will take a back in the draft and have him share carries with Jerick.

My favorite memory/play of Adrian is the Chargers game as a rookie, when he broke the single game record. It was that point and time where I realized I was watching greatness. What a day that was, he couldn't be stopped.

#TEDDYTHEVIKING
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sparkyjoe1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
Whats everybody's favorite Adrian Peterson memory/play?

The run against Cleveland in 2009 is the epitome of Peterson's abilities and greatness.

Absolutely. This was the first play that came to mind.

The first time he really made my jaw drop was in the preseason game against the Jets. He had 1 long run where he had a phenomenal spin, refused to go down and was just electric.
skywindO2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And he's loose!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Na Na Na Na Hey Hey-ey Goodbye, AP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoyvvEWHodk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some other teams I could see as possibilities include the Giants, Ravens, Raiders, Redskins and Seahawks.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: