Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Colts Mock draft that involves Watt.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OleXmad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Colts Mock draft that involves Watt. Reply with quote

Colts Draft Simulation from www.draftwired2.com

I use this site for most of my mock drafts it's pretty cool and makes mock drafts pretty easy, we even do group mock drafts sometimes, I'll also include my logic for the picks as well.

https://youtu.be/ZxvWZiUX6jU= Quick Youtube video to learn how to use the Mock draft simulator.

Picks:
Rd 1 Pk 15 - Sidney Jones (CB) Washington - Aside from Vontae Davis the colts defensive backfield is a wasteland of bad DB play, Sidney Jones adds a much needed no.2 CB across from Davis who turned 30 recentley.

Rd 2 Pk 47 - T.J. Watt (OLB 3/4) Wisconsin - If T.J watt is half as good as his Brother, this pick will make the colts lacking pass rush much better and this will annoy J.J watt so that's a plus.

Rd 3 Pk 79 - Jake Butt (TE) Michigan - Dwayne Allen is overpaid and Injury prone while this is a luxury pick since butt probably won't play in 2017 he's a top 3 TE in this class who you get solid value on and will eventually replace allen.

Rd 4 Pk 120 - Ryan Anderson (OLB 3/4) Alabama - A much needed second pass rusher, Anderson is a solid pass rusher who is more of an edge setter but any young defensive body is a need at this point.

Rd 4 Pk 143 - Connor Harris (ILB) Lindenwood - Jackson is gone so a replacement is needed, Harris is solid against the run and isn't awful in coverage so he fills a need.

Rd 5 Pk 160 - Matthew Dayes (RB) NC State - Considering the colts are still using Frank Gore a young RB is a major need, The need should probably be addressed earlier but it's not like they're gonna run the ball anyway.

Rd 6 Pk 201 - Nathan Peterman (QB) Pittsburgh - Andrew Luck has missed a few games and when he has, The colts can pretty much expect a loss so a strong backup is needed and instead of spending 6+ Million on one, you're better off drafting one.

Rd 7 Pk 237 - Devonte Fields (OLB 3/4) Louisville - The Final dart throw on a pass rusher who might contribute or get cut in training camp.

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty League, I'm a Ravens fan and I regret every second of it.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the heavy pass rusher emphasis, especially now that the top pass rushers have been franchised. I think we resign Erik Walden and rotate younger players around him.
I don't know that the Colts draft a QB this year unless they expect him to either a)spend the year on the practice squad or b)beat out Scott Tolzien for the backup spot.
I like not using a higher pick on running back, Gore and Turbin can make for a solid 1-2 punch and Josh Ferguson has potential so getting someone in to come in with lower expectations and learn the offense so that next year he can put up a bigger fight for the starting role.
I also like taking a 1st rd CB because Darius Butler is not an outside CB and we've spent too much time trying to fill the #2 spot through free agency (Pat Rob and Greg Toler)
tom cody

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on the mock, I think we address our running back needs a bit earlier. As to QB, Luck is 28 this year so drafting a young QB as a backup may not be such a bad idea.

Courtesy of an online joke search.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: