Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trumaine Johnson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooters22 wrote:
You guys are the joke of the league right now. Franchising him two years in a row is a joke. He's going to make 16.74 million this year. He a slightly above average starting corner back. Pro Football Focus ranks him as the 25th best CB in the league. There are 64 starting corners in the league. If I was a Rams fan I'd be furious with this. You should just let this guy go and signed another CB for half the money and probably still have gotten a better football player. Or just simply draft one. This is the deepest CB draft ever they are saying. Now I know you are limited in draft picks, but somehow you could have come up with a 2nd or third round pick and grabbed a guy with first round talent. 16.74 million dollars is good starting quarterback money, not average CB money. I wouldn't even pay the best CB in the league 16.74 million. Why would he ever sign a long term deal now? The way he's been doing it is he gets a 20% raise every year. And he's way way way overpaid already. I'm glad I'm not a Rams fan these days being run by incompetent people.

Well thank you for sharing your deep knowledge with us. If you really think you are enlightening us with knowledge that he is paid too much on his franchise tag, then pat yourself on the back fella.
John Johnson, S/CB
Josh Reynolds, WR
Samson Ebukam, Edge
stl4life07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reports are that Tru Johnson turned down a trade with the Saints that would've netted the Rams the Saints 42nd overall pick. Tru didn't want to sign a long term deal with the Saints.
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
cooters22 wrote:
You guys are the joke of the league right now. Franchising him two years in a row is a joke. He's going to make 16.74 million this year. He a slightly above average starting corner back. Pro Football Focus ranks him as the 25th best CB in the league. There are 64 starting corners in the league. If I was a Rams fan I'd be furious with this. You should just let this guy go and signed another CB for half the money and probably still have gotten a better football player. Or just simply draft one. This is the deepest CB draft ever they are saying. Now I know you are limited in draft picks, but somehow you could have come up with a 2nd or third round pick and grabbed a guy with first round talent. 16.74 million dollars is good starting quarterback money, not average CB money. I wouldn't even pay the best CB in the league 16.74 million. Why would he ever sign a long term deal now? The way he's been doing it is he gets a 20% raise every year. And he's way way way overpaid already. I'm glad I'm not a Rams fan these days being run by incompetent people.

Well thank you for sharing your deep knowledge with us. If you really think you are enlightening us with knowledge that he is paid too much on his franchise tag, then pat yourself on the back fella.

Holy smokes! Thank you so much, Mr.Troll. I feel so enlightened now, such a relief. As if a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. You really got me all worked up and emotionally involved now! You're right, why did we do that? I mean, all of us in this forum helped make this happen and now I'm feeling super regretful. You know what I'm gonna do? I'm throwing in the towel as a Ram fan as we speak....You helped open my eyes to this decision. Thank you, Sir! Come back again for any new insights and information!
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is continuing talk about trading Tru to the Saints for their 2nd round pick. I would imagine this hinges upon whether they can trade for Butler or not. Dependent upon who is on the board at 42, I'd definitely consider it as it would free up a TON of cap we need for guys like Donald.
John Johnson, S/CB
Josh Reynolds, WR
Samson Ebukam, Edge
stl4life07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
There is continuing talk about trading Tru to the Saints for their 2nd round pick. I would imagine this hinges upon whether they can trade for Butler or not. Dependent upon who is on the board at 42, I'd definitely consider it as it would free up a TON of cap we need for guys like Donald.

I thought Tru isn't going to sign a long term deal with the Saints because he badly wants to stay in LA. If that's the case, no way a deal gets done because the Saints won't commit to a guy who won't commit to them.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stl4life07 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

I thought Tru isn't going to sign a long term deal with the Saints because he badly wants to stay in LA. If that's the case, no way a deal gets done because the Saints won't commit to a guy who won't commit to them.

We don't know this for sure. I'm good with it either way. One thing I'm not on board with is just letting him play out his Franchise tag and walk. Might be we are waiting until after the draft to negotiate with him in case we trade him. If we do, 37 is likely to be the best CB that drops down. We would have a huge need at that point.
John Johnson, S/CB
Josh Reynolds, WR
Samson Ebukam, Edge
stl4life07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
stl4life07 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

We don't know this for sure. I'm good with it either way. One thing I'm not on board with is just letting him play out his Franchise tag and walk. Might be we are waiting until after the draft to negotiate with him in case we trade him. If we do, 37 is likely to be the best CB that drops down. We would have a huge need at that point.

That's what the report was that he turned down the trade because he wanted to badly stay in LA according to Adam Schefter.
stl4life07

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the Rams lock up Johnson and I'm glad they didn't trade him. I looked up what he did in 2015. He had 7 ints which tied for 5th in the NFL and had the second lowest QB rating (55.0) among cornerbacks. Only cornerback that was higher than him was Josh Norman (54.0).

That year Johnson had Jenkins opposite of him. So he got his fair share of balls thrown his way and he balled out. To me that's elite CB play right there. Wade Phillips will continue to bring the best out of Johnson after a down season he had in 2016. Wade brought in FA CB Kayvon Webster for Denver whom he knows very well and even his Webster former teammates in Talib and Harris thinks Webster deserves to be starting in the NFL but he was buried in Denver behind those two and the former 1st round pick Bradley Roby. So I can see Webster starting opposite of Johnson and making a nice pair of starting cornerbacks.
JLaurinaitis_55

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooters22 wrote:

Hows middle school going for you?

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooters22 wrote:

You is valued post maker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: