Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

YJ mock 1.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
young juice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:24 am    Post subject: YJ mock 1. Reply with quote

I do a few of these during the off-season just for fun. Usually you all tell me how wrong they are who how they stink but I do them anyways. Laughing I may also have some of the later round picks wrong.

NE trades QB Jimmy Garoppolo to the Washington Redskins for the 17th overall pick, 2018 2nd and a 2018 3rd.

NE trades the 17th overall pick to the Detroit Lions for the 21st overall pick, 2018 2nd

21st Overall Pick: Derek Barnett, DE/OLB, Tennessee

With Sheard and Long being FAs, Collins being traded and Ninkovich declining the Patriots need some help at OLB/DE. Drafting Barnett and re-signing Hightower would help start to bring back the old 3 head monster at the LB position the Patriots used to have with Hightower, Mayo and Collins.

NE trades #32 overall to the Cleveland Browns for #33 and #52

33rd Overall Pick: Jalen Tabor, CB, Florida

With Logan Ryan almost certainly leaving and Cyrus Jones not showing that much it seems at least to me the team has a need at CB. Tabor can come in and challenge Rowe for the #2 job, hopefully also push Jones to show the team more than he has.

52nd Overall Pick: Forrest Lamp, G/OT, Western Kentucky

With the team drafting Thuney, Mason, Karras and Jackson over the last few drafts and re-signing Cannon OL may no be that big of a need. However Vollmer most likely will retire and I see Lamp being one of the first players to fall in the draft and if the Patriots have the chance to draft him why not? Brady wants to play for another 2-3 years so you better protect him.

64th Overall Pick: Jarron Jones, DT, Notre Dame

Branch wants more $$$ and I don't see the Patriots giving it to him. I like Brown but he has been underwhelming, Valentine has shown promise as well but it doesn't hurt to reload at the position with another young stud at the position.

96th Overall Pick: Ryan Anderson, DE/OLB, Alabama

As mentioned before Long and Sheard are both FAs, Collins is gone and Ninkovich is in a decline. Flowers has done great at DE but add Anderson and Barnett who was taken in the 1st along with Hightower and the team is young, faster and stronger.

103rd Overall Pick: Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma

Character concerns and past incidents have him falling to the 3rd. Patriots have taken on trouble players in the past. Mixon has 3 down back potential and even if Blount does return I dont think White or Lewis have proved they can be feature backs or stay healthy. Mixon also can catch the ball out of the backfield.

137th Overall Pick: Jeremy Sprinkle, TE, Arkansas

With Bennett cashing in on his one year in NE the team needs a back up TE. Lengel is ok but I feel the team will draft a TE or two this draft. Sprinkle is a good blocker and receiver.

163rd Overall Pick: Richie Brown, ILB/OLB, Mississippi State

Some more help at LB. Can play both ILB and OLB. Everyone knows BB loves versatility.

184th Overall Pick: Ricky Seals-Jones, WR, Texas A&M

Floyd may or not be back, Hogan had a great year, Edelman was good as usual, Mitchell showed promise and as always Amendola was clutch in the Playoffs but this team lacks some size at WR and at 6'5 Rick Seals-Jones gives them some.

241st Overall Pick: Demetrious Cox, S, Michigan State

Chung and McCourty are one of the best S duos in the league. However Duron Harmon one of the teams underrated S may leave for a starting job somewhere else. If he does the team will need some S help.

252nd Overall Pick: Michael Clark, WR, Marshall

A 6'7 WR who from I read is more suited(because of his height) to be a TE. BB is known to draft players and help mold them to play another position. With the last pick I can see BB taking a chance, drafting Clark and trying to make him into a TE/WR

As we get further into the off season and closer to the draft I will get better at these. Have at pulling this a part. Laughing

RIP Marquise Hill (August 8, 1982 May 28, 2007)
RIP Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 November 27, 2007)

justin_perkins

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign me up. Love the Barnett and Tabor picks, but I don't think either would be available where they selected. Mixon, I am not sure how I feel about picking him..
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Branch wants more $$$ and I don't see the Patriots giving it to him.

Free agent Alan Branch could be open to a team-friendly deal with the Patriots.

"If its smart to stay on the team that Ive been productive on and the money is not too much different, then who knows," Branch said.

http://nesn.com/2017/02/alan-branch-sounds-open-to-taking-slightly-less-money-with-patriots/

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
1ForTheThumb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really, really doubt Mixon is on the Patriots draft board.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: