Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

mock 1.0 pre combine
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ghengis Graz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: mock 1.0 pre combine Reply with quote

I really enjoy playing with the Fanspeaks on the clock simulator.
http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

Below is one I just did. I liked the value I got throughout. I would not think that Hooker would drop to us here but he actually has twice while I have been doing this. Lack of respect for the safety position and his injuries may help this be a possibility.

I got some good depth for the offensive skill positions and bolstered the outside of DL. I could not find more good help in the center but the 2 we now have are capable.

I could not nab a good CB at any point. Things just did not fall that way. Perhaps some FA attention here.

I know Roberts is more of a blocker but in the red zone that could come in handy and his hands are just good enough to make him dangerous on goal line play action as evidenced by his 16 TD's.

30: R1P30 S MALIK HOOKER

OHIO STATE

62: R2P30 EDGE DEMARCUS WALKER

FLORIDA STATE

94: R3P30 DL JALEEL JOHNSON

IOWA

105: R3P41 WR ARDARIUS STEWART

ALABAMA

135: R4P28 RB JEREMY MCNICHOLS

BOISE STATE

173: R5P29 DL EDDIE VANDERDOES

UCLA

213: R6P29 TE MICHAEL ROBERTS

TOLEDO

248: R7P30 EDGE GARRETT SICKELS

PENN STATE
JLambert58

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know how realistic it is, but I like 1, 2 & 4.

Even thought S isn't a top need, if we got a chance to grab Hooker I would be ecstatic. He is a transcendent talent imo. He pops off the screen like few do when watching his tape. He'd certainly give Mitchell a run for his money from Day 1.

DeMarcus Walker is a great pickup in the 2nd. Impressive size, tenacious motor, heavy hitter, has decent bend and is a forced fumble machine. He's played both sides and is a versatile piece to add to our D. Seems to be a high character guy as well.

Not a big fan of taking Johnson, especially this high. He seems like a tweener. Are you thinking NT or DE? Doesn't show great ability for either imo for our purposes.

Taking A. Stewart with the 3rd rd comp would be tremendous. He'd fill that hole at #2 WR nicely. Would be great value there.

Don't know the rest but I like RB in the 4th but not in favor of doubling down on DL unless the value was top notch. And, as you mention, CB at some point is a must.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. He actually dropped to me in the first a few more times. Odd. I like Johnson as a 3-4 DE actually but do wish I could have gotten some CB help.

Just did the below draft and may like it even better.

30: R1P30 CB MARLON HUMPHREY
ALABAMA

62: R2P30 EDGE T.J. WATT
WISCONSIN

94: R3P30 WR ARDARIUS STEWART
ALABAMA

105: R3P41 RB DONTA FOREMAN
TEXAS

135: R4P28 DL JARRON JONES
NOTRE DAME

173: R5P29 S JOHN JOHNSON
BOSTON COLLEGE

TOLEDO

248: R7P30 EDGE DEATRICH WISE JR.
ARKANSAS
Ghengis Graz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, day with nothing to do and new favorite. Everything fell in the later rounds how I could have realistically hoped. I would have liked a good value WR somewhere but you cant have everything

30: R1P30 S MALIK HOOKER
OHIO STATE

62: R2P30 EDGE RYAN ANDERSON
ALABAMA

94: R3P30 CB KEVIN KING
WASHINGTON

105: R3P41 RB DONTA FOREMAN
TEXAS

135: R4P28 DL DEANGELO BROWN
LOUISVILLE

173: R5P29 DL EDDIE VANDERDOES
UCLA

TOLEDO

248: R7P30 EDGE DEATRICH WISE JR.
ARKANSAS
Magnus-Viktor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What player rankings are you using? I have a very hard time believing Hooker will not be a top 5-10 pick. I'd sure love to get him though. I've wanted Mitchell replaced for a while now. Davis and Hooker would make a tremendous safety tandem. Throw in someone like Chidobe Awuzie in 2 and you'd have quite a secondary for once (first time since Woodson was here that I'd say it was great....hard to beat that secondary with Woodson, Lake and Perry).

I just did one using CBS rankings:

1--30 TJ Watt, OLB, Wisconsin
2--30 Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado
3--30 Alex Anzalone, ILB, Florida
3--41 Chad Hansen, WR, Cal
4--28 Pat Elflein, C, Ohio State
5--29 James Conner, RB, Pitt
6--29 Tedric Thompson, S, Colorado
7--30 Blake Jarwin, TE, OK State
MDSteeler1971

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnus-Viktor wrote:
What player rankings are you using? I have a very hard time believing Hooker will not be a top 5-10 pick. I'd sure love to get him though. I've wanted Mitchell replaced for a while now. Davis and Hooker would make a tremendous safety tandem. Throw in someone like Chidobe Awuzie in 2 and you'd have quite a secondary for once (first time since Woodson was here that I'd say it was great....hard to beat that secondary with Woodson, Lake and Perry).

1--30 TJ Watt, OLB, Wisconsin Predicted late 2nd/3rd rd
2--30 Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado Nice player
3--30 Alex Anzalone, ILB, Florida Don't know why you insist when he will be there later
3--41 Chad Hansen, WR, Cal Top 5 WR will be gone
4--28 Pat Elflein, C, Ohio State Don't need a center
5--29 James Conner, RB, Pitt Your best pick
6--29 Tedric Thompson, S, Colorado Would like one sooner if possible
7--30 Blake Jarwin, TE, OK State Will be able to get him as UDFA

What are you using because you keep putting 3rd thru 5th rounders in the top 3!
Ghengis Graz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnus-Viktor wrote:

1--30 TJ Watt, OLB, Wisconsin
2--30 Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado
3--30 Alex Anzalone, ILB, Florida
3--41 Chad Hansen, WR, Cal
4--28 Pat Elflein, C, Ohio State
5--29 James Conner, RB, Pitt
6--29 Tedric Thompson, S, Colorado
7--30 Blake Jarwin, TE, OK State

I also used CBS for rankings and then the fanspeak team needs. I find it a stretch as well but of the 8 I dabbled with throughout the day he dropped to us 3 times. Amazingly when i selected him we rarely got a good edge guy in round 2. Perhaps it is a programming error or perhaps due to the position and his injuries it is more possible than we might think.
Magnus-Viktor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MDSteeler1971 -

I used the CBS rankings. I did not pull these spots out of my butt. So I'm not "insisting" on anything. I'm taking guys where I have to take them. If you don't like it, too bad.

Watt will not be a late 2/3. The last mock I saw on NFL N had him going at #29.

Anzalone is a wild card due to injuries. 1st round talent.

I agree Hansen will be gone. My favorite WR in the draft that isn't a top pick.

You can always use good OL. Foster is only a 2 year deal and 30+ years old. Pouncey gets hurt a lot.

I wanted to go S earlier, but I just couldn't justify it, especially knowing that Thompson was going to be there later. He flashed every time I watched him play this year.

Doesn't matter if a guy goes undrafted. You have to convince him to sign with you, so it's not as simple as you make it out to be. And finally, what difference does it make when you're at the end of the 7th round? It doesn't.
Magnus-Viktor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghengis Graz - Hooker went way earlier when I did it using CBS. I didn't pay attention to where, but he wasn't in site on the drafted list anyway. I think it'd be great if he is available though. I figured you must've used different player rankings to get him lol. Guess not.
Ghengis Graz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnus-Viktor wrote:
Ghengis Graz - Hooker went way earlier when I did it using CBS. I didn't pay attention to where, but he wasn't in site on the drafted list anyway. I think it'd be great if he is available though. I figured you must've used different player rankings to get him lol. Guess not.

It changes every time you use it. If you do another he may end up there. Also, I used CBS but then the next step which I think was team needs I used Fanspeak. In other scenarios I ran he went early. Perhaps if he gets past a certain point team needs do not favor him.
Magnus-Viktor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started another one and Hooker went #5. Usually I work on something else while that slow simulator runs so I don't see it. But that's using CBS and fanspeak. Oh well. I guess we'll find out. Guys always fall or go earlier than expected in real life.
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers have no need for anOL pick...current 5 starters under contract this year and next...with Finley-Hubbard-Hawkins-Harris around as well.
MDSteeler1971

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnus-Viktor wrote:
MDSteeler1971 -

I used the CBS rankings. I did not pull these spots out of my butt. So I'm not "insisting" on anything. I'm taking guys where I have to take them. If you don't like it, too bad.

Watt will not be a late 2/3. The last mock I saw on NFL N had him going at #29.

Anzalone is a wild card due to injuries. 1st round talent.

I agree Hansen will be gone. My favorite WR in the draft that isn't a top pick.

You can always use good OL. Foster is only a 2 year deal and 30+ years old. Pouncey gets hurt a lot.

I wanted to go S earlier, but I just couldn't justify it, especially knowing that Thompson was going to be there later. He flashed every time I watched him play this year.

Doesn't matter if a guy goes undrafted. You have to convince him to sign with you, so it's not as simple as you make it out to be. And finally, what difference does it make when you're at the end of the 7th round? It doesn't.

If you don't like somebody elses opinion why put it out there? And I haven't been the only one to say this.

We've had this argument already and you are nuts!

We already have Pouncey's backup.

Sure it does! Steelers ALWAYS take BPA...
Magnus-Viktor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're the one that is nuts. You feel the need to post the same stupid, unsolicited comments on everything. Just give it up already.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnus-Viktor wrote:
You're the one that is nuts. You feel the need to post the same stupid, unsolicited comments on everything. Just give it up already.

Uhhhhh, unsolicited? This is a discussion board. Meaning, when you post something it's supposed to be discussed/debated/whatever. You may not agree with the feedback and that's fine but no one needs an engraved invitation to comment on a post.

warfelg wrote:
Quote:
why does KC have Houston (who is returning from a knee) cover AB on a crucial play? THAT makes no sense

They Butlered themselves. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: