Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KingTitan's 2017 Pre-Combine/Mock Off-season V.1
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject: KingTitan's 2017 Pre-Combine/Mock Off-season V.1 Reply with quote

Re-Sign
Karl Klug
Brian Schwenke
David Bass

Release:
Harry Douglas
DaNorris Searcy

Restructure:
Jason McCourty, chance to compete may be cut if he doesnít perform in training camp.

FA-Signings
Matt Barkley-QB

https://youtu.be/EYdF_-Js6r8 (highlights)
Iím just picking any QB not named Matt Cassel. When the dust settles it probably will be Cassel. I think this is a good time to maybe get younger at the backup spot. Not too young, but younger. Matt impressed them when they played them in Chicago and earned a backup spotÖ..maybe. lol

Eric Berry-S

https://youtu.be/wWFzM9NOiuc (highlights)

I know this is not likely to happen, but right now on this day, my gut says he walks. I think they franchise Poe. I just get the feeling they are going to let him walk and ďtest FA.Ē Then that is when we send everyone in the organization to show him the love and sign him.

Logan Ryan-CB

https://youtu.be/mK5852tk0pc (highlights)

This is another signing I think just feels like itís going to happen. Robinson spends on another FA that he trusts, that when they get the money, they will continue to work.

Kamar Aiken-WR

https://youtu.be/mK5852tk0pc (highlights)

I think this is going to be an one year to two year deal. Maybe not Kamar but whatever WR we sign, I think it will be something along those lines.

Draft:

Only players the Titans are considering drafting at #5 are:
Malik Hooker
Jamal Adams
Reuben Foster

With the signing of Berry in FA, they donít have a spot for a top level safety in the draft. They are tempted with drafting Foster, but ultimately decide the trade down and gaining of an 2nd round pick is worth more.

Letís just say they trade down to 10. (Daniel Jermiah scenario)
Titans get #10 and #44
Bills get # 5
1.Browns-Myles Garrett
2.49ers-Mitch Tribisky
3.Bears-Johnathan Allen
4.Jaguars- Dalvin Cook
5.Bills-Jamal Adams
6. Jets-Marshon Lattimore
7. Chargers-Solomon Thomas
8. Panthers-Malik Hooker
9. Bengals- Reuben Foster
10. Titans-

1 (10)- Mike Williams-WR-Clemson
Role---Short to immediate threat/Red-Zone

This pick is very dependent on what we do in FA. In my mock, I have us getting a CB and a Safety in FA. Leaving our real priority to upgrade the passing game. Aiken signed in FA isnít the answer. Between Mike Williams and Corey Davis is what it comes down to. I think Mike Williams fills a role that we donít have on the Titans WR. Corey Davis is excellent. If we are talking about personal preference Iím taking Davis. Davis appears to be special when it comes to separation and RAC. However, Williams is an elite level WR at winning the contested catch. He doesnít separate as well as Davis, but he has a real ability to locate the ball and make a play on the ball. Matthews is a good WR and I think the match up of Williams and Matthews make a deadly combination ..

Video Highlights:
https://youtu.be/pjo0SBnnAV8 (Highlights)

Trade again: Titans trade with the Giants
Titans get #23, 3rd round pick and 2018 4th round pick

1(23)- Hassan Reddick-LB-Temple
Role: Blitzing LB/Coverage LB

Timmons and Shazier are the blueprint behind this pick. Reddick showed excellent ability at the Senior Bowl. He is also a beast off the edge. I donít think they are truly ready to just give up on Woodyard. I think Williamson is here for the long haul. Reddick is a pick that allows them to rotate him in during sub packages and be ready to take over for Woodyard after a year.

Video Highlights:
https://youtu.be/I76cLlT_kE0 (Highlights)

2(44)- Jourdan Lewis-CB-Michigan
Role: Nickel CB with ability to play outiside

A pick, I'm sure many won't agree with. I think we all have our favorites when it comes to these corners. I donít think you can really go ďtoo wrongĒ with a couple of them. Lewis shows excellent coverage ability and fight from the corner spot. Why him? Signing Ryan and Sims being an up and coming CB the role of boundary corner isnít void. Lewis can play out and inside. So can Ryan. I think this move gives our secondary some real versatility. Along with more picks later, it makes the secondary a complete renovation. Lewis is a great prospect

Video Highlights:
https://youtu.be/KphuSvEXokM (Highlights)

3-Derek Rivers-OLB-Youngstown State
Role-Situational Rusher

Derek Rivers is explosive on the edge. He can dip and bend. He converts speed to power consistently. With this move and hopefully the improvement of Dodd, we have two capable subs at OLB. We add even more speed to our LB corps. Reddick and Rivers gives us a real upgrade.

Video Highlights:
https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora/status/831264713195536384
https://twitter.com/DTPDraftScout/status/822441111507574784

3(Giants Pick)- Fabian Moreau-CB-UCLA
Role: Boundary Corner

]Moreau might get drafted higher than this. If he does, there are some other capable CBís in this range that can be possible challengers to start alongside newly acquired Logan Ryan. (Cam Sutton, Chiodbie Awuzie, Kevin King, Rasul Douglas, Howard Wilson, Damonte Kazee). Moreau is one that Iíd love to have on the team. The size and agility to really make plays outside.

Video Highlights:
https://youtu.be/GGFvQLlBfCY (Highlights)

3(Rams Comp pick)-Jordan Leggett-TE- Clemson
Role: 2nd/3rd Tight End

I really like Jordanís catch radius. I think he has good size and could be taught to be a good blocker. Groomed to maybe replace Walker or at least be a solid 2nd TE until another ďmove TEĒ is found.

Video Highlights:
https://youtu.be/IAgl3AWcNSU (Highlights)

4-Mack Hollins-WR-North Carolina
Role: Special Teams/Deep Threat

Iím a North Carollna fan. I really like a couple of their players in this draft. One guy who I think will rise up the boards somewhat is this guy, Mack Hollins. A special teams monster and true deep threat. He has some of that Jack Conklin vibe. Working from Walk on to scholarship. He has some work to do as a WR, but has speed and ability to make plays on the ball when itís in the air. He gives the office some much needed speed down the field and he can play the role McBride did in the short time.

Video Highlights:
https://youtu.be/brO-Mp9XDPI (Highlights)

5. Johnny Caspers-OG-Stanford
Role: OL Depth

Just some OL depth. 

6. Shelton Gibson-WR-West Virginia
Role: Returner/Development WR

Gibsonís main role will be as a returner. He is John Ross lite. He can be fill our Mariani role and maybe be able to contribute on a handful of plays throughout the year More speed added to the WR core.

Video Highlights:
https://youtu.be/6jJaOVPbmPk (Highlights)

6. 7. Dorian Williams-S-Princeton
Role: Special Teams/Safety Depth

Dorian blew me away with his ďhighlights.Ē He seems like the type of person that would score high with Robinsonís analytic side. Seems to have a knack for creating a turnover. Compete for a roster spot through special teams.

Video Highlights:
https://youtu.be/6wy64RkvFmc (highlights)

Other prospects I love:
JuJu Smith-Schuster-WR- Reminds me of Anquan Boldin. Physical WR
Amara Darboh-WR-Slight reminder of Allen Robinson
ArDarius Stewart-WR-Speed and tough after the catch
Chris Hansen-WR
Jalen Robinette-WR
Sidney Jones-CB
Desmond King-CB
Marshon Lattimore-CB
Rasul Douglas-CB
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad mock though I'd definitely prefer Corey Davis to Mike Williams and it's not very close for me. I just think Corey Davis is a more complete receiver and a much better route runner. Two of the main reasons that Mike Williams has to win contested catches is because he doesn't have the creativity in his route tree to get open, and he doesn't burst off the ball like Corey Davis does. Williams is always in positions where he has to make those contested catches because of those things where as Corey Davis has shown an ability to beat corners in a multitude of different ways that I think will serve him better in the pros rather than just relying on sheer size and athletic ability like Williams has done in college. It's easy to get caught up in those "wow" catches that a big athletic receiver like Williams has to make, but I feel like in the grand scheme of things I'd prefer a receiver that can make the job easier on Marcus by his ability to separate and get open rather than consistently throwing it up and hoping our big guy comes down with it every time.

I'm a big fan of Reddick and I like what you did at Corner though I question if we sign Logan Ryan if we're not signing him to primarily play our Nickel Corner role which is where he excelled in NE. If that's the case we drafted another guy high in Lewis that while he can play outside I'd be a lot more comfortable with him playing primarily nickel, and if Logan plays there Lewis wouldn't see the field as much. I like Moreau a lot, and he's starting to become a favorite of mine in this CB class.

Since you're a UNC fan I'm just curious why you went with Mack Hollins instead of Ryan Switzer? I've watched a lot of Switzer and like the idea of bringing him in to compete for a slot receiver role and be our KR/PR. I haven't watched any of Hollins yet, so I don't know anything about him. I'm just curious why you value him over Switzer.

Overall, I could see a lot of this happening. I'll probably be pretty upset if we go with Williams over Davis though. Love the FA and there's a lot of solid prospects in that draft. Good job.

Credit to thesickness89 for the signature!
2016 Adopt-A-Titan: Austin Johnson & Angelo Blackson

Leader of the Christian McCaffrey and Cooper Kupp Hype Trains
tntitans4life17

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like this quite a bit KT. I'm just a little curious as to why you feel the Chiefs will tag Poe instead of Berry? Perhaps they feel more confident in getting a long term deal done with Poe instead of Berry? I would love for them to tag Poe and let us use this cap space we have for Berry.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SerenityNow wrote:
Not a bad mock though I'd definitely prefer Corey Davis to Mike Williams and it's not very close for me. I just think Corey Davis is a more complete receiver and a much better route runner. Two of the main reasons that Mike Williams has to win contested catches is because he doesn't have the creativity in his route tree to get open, and he doesn't burst off the ball like Corey Davis does. Williams is always in positions where he has to make those contested catches because of those things where as Corey Davis has shown an ability to beat corners in a multitude of different ways that I think will serve him better in the pros rather than just relying on sheer size and athletic ability like Williams has done in college. It's easy to get caught up in those "wow" catches that a big athletic receiver like Williams has to make, but I feel like in the grand scheme of things I'd prefer a receiver that can make the job easier on Marcus by his ability to separate and get open rather than consistently throwing it up and hoping our big guy comes down with it every time.

I'm a big fan of Reddick and I like what you did at Corner though I question if we sign Logan Ryan if we're not signing him to primarily play our Nickel Corner role which is where he excelled in NE. If that's the case we drafted another guy high in Lewis that while he can play outside I'd be a lot more comfortable with him playing primarily nickel, and if Logan plays there Lewis wouldn't see the field as much. I like Moreau a lot, and he's starting to become a favorite of mine in this CB class.

Since you're a UNC fan I'm just curious why you went with Mack Hollins instead of Ryan Switzer? I've watched a lot of Switzer and like the idea of bringing him in to compete for a slot receiver role and be our KR/PR. I haven't watched any of Hollins yet, so I don't know anything about him. I'm just curious why you value him over Switzer.

Overall, I could see a lot of this happening. I'll probably be pretty upset if we go with Williams over Davis though. Love the FA and there's a lot of solid prospects in that draft. Good job.

*Williams over Davis
I personally like Davis over Williams. I'm just guessing, as of today, the tie would be broken by level of competition and size. While Davis shows great burst and all the things I love, he has done that mainly against guys who will probably be sitting next to us in a few years. While I think Davis will be a stud, I'm just guessing that Williams' size, ability to catch in traffic and hopefully be everything DGB wasn't will be attractive to the team. I could be totally wrong. I think Davis is great. I think also if we want Jeffery in anyway, we will just go get a young, lite version of him in Williams.
Williams to me compares to Brandon Marshall some. Marshall doesn't really separate well but wins with size, catch ability and aggressive catch.

***Mack Hollins over Switzer
Swizter I do love too. I easily could have put him there instead. I think Switzer is an RAC God. But he is also only a slot guy. In my mind and construction of the WR group, we have that "role" filled. I think We could start Williams and Matthews outside. Sharpe/Aiken come in the slot, leaving Switzer not dressing or being an return only guy. If we took Switzer there, I'd be stoked, because I love him also. But Hollins has better size and could project outside. Hollins also is a special teams demon. I could easily see him become our "Matthew Slater" like up in New England, except with more ability to play WR.

***Jourdan Lewis/Ryan
I went back and looked at Lewis and he can play outside. I'm convinced. I'm also convinced that he was the best player on that Michigan defense. Peppers and Taco will get drafted higher, but Lewis was complete shutdown corner. Led the team....scratch that led the Nation in Pass breakups for a lot of 2015 and was tops in 2016. He has fabulous hands and ability to play the ball. He is aggressive in run support. If he was an inch or half inch taller he'd be 1st round. I think he is better than Sidney Jones and I think Jones is pretty good. He plays the run better than Jones.
I think the ability of Ryan and Lewis being able to flow from outside to nickel makes our defense unpredictable. Imagine being able to line up in a zone or whatever and a Qb like Brock being confused on who is lining up where? lol
With these high football IQ guys (Lewis, Ryan, Byard, Berry) LeBeau could really get creative with his defense, then add someone like Reddick who can blitz from anywhere. Whew! Smile
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tntitans4life17 wrote:
Like this quite a bit KT. I'm just a little curious as to why you feel the Chiefs will tag Poe instead of Berry? Perhaps they feel more confident in getting a long term deal done with Poe instead of Berry? I would love for them to tag Poe and let us use this cap space we have for Berry.

I have no real reason beside gut feeling that the tag Poe instead. Better long term projection for Poe?

I just think they have some real issue with paying Berry for some reason. They would have done it by now. I don't know. lol

Just thinking they let him walk for whatever reason.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they're still trying to get a deal done with Berry, but it remains to be seen if they will. I believe it was reported that he said he will not play under the Franchise Tag.

Overall, I like the draft:

I think Williams may end up going ahead of Davis. Missing the Senior Bowl and Combine really hurts with his level of competition.

I am very intrigued by Haasan Reddick. I didn't watch the Senior Bowl, so a lot would depend on how they viewed him transitioning, but a former CB who plays DE should be able to plug in as our WILB.

I don't care for Lewis that early. I think he depends on getting away with PI way too often in college. If it were the very end of the 2nd or the 3rd I would like him more.

I really like Fabian Moreau. I don't think he will last until the 3rd round and wouldn't mind him where you had us taking Lewis. He is going to be a stud. Most people predict him in the 3rd round so this would be a steal. Day 1 starter.
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
tntitans4life17 wrote:

I have no real reason beside gut feeling that the tag Poe instead. Better long term projection for Poe?

I just think they have some real issue with paying Berry for some reason. They would have done it by now. I don't know. lol

Hasn't Berry said he refuses to play under the tag?
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
tntitans4life17 wrote:

Hasn't Berry said he refuses to play under the tag?

Yeah, like many before him, he said he would sit out if tagged. BUt that wouldn't stop KC from calling his bluff.
Again though, just a gut feeling. But history says he will say in KC, I just feel he may be able to walk.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
I think they're still trying to get a deal done with Berry, but it remains to be seen if they will. I believe it was reported that he said he will not play under the Franchise Tag.

Overall, I like the draft:

I think Williams may end up going ahead of Davis. Missing the Senior Bowl and Combine really hurts with his level of competition.

I am very intrigued by Haasan Reddick. I didn't watch the Senior Bowl, so a lot would depend on how they viewed him transitioning, but a former CB who plays DE should be able to plug in as our WILB.

I don't care for Lewis that early. I think he depends on getting away with PI way too often in college. If it were the very end of the 2nd or the 3rd I would like him more.

I really like Fabian Moreau. I don't think he will last until the 3rd round and wouldn't mind him where you had us taking Lewis. He is going to be a stud. Most people predict him in the 3rd round so this would be a steal. Day 1 starter.

Here is a little view of some Senior Bowl footage. But overall he did a very good job running with TE's. He is a former CB. I think he could do well in a "Keith Bulluck" like slow intro to the league.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UioOQLKFt3g

I think once you get past some of the top 3 or 4 of the CBs you start to get into preference. I understandyour concern, but I see it as him being in the hip pocket of the WR. He had a good week at the Senior Bowl too. I can see him interviewing well and being a guy Robinson likes. I think he is a borderline end of 1st type now as it stands. I personally think he is great and has good technique.

Depending on how Fabian runs, I think he could go earlier too.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When exactly did we get 3 3rd round picks? We have 2. Ours and our comp form the Rams.

Am I missing something? when did we get a 3rd from the Giants?

**RIP Steve McNair**
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
When exactly did we get 3 3rd round picks? We have 2. Ours and our comp form the Rams.

Am I missing something? when did we get a 3rd from the Giants?

He has us trading back from #18 with the Giants.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its cool over all, my critques are more nitpicks but here it goes.

For Williams, IMO, it will come down to how well he runs the route tree. I think the FO and staff value and want WRs who will be where they're supposed to be, when their supposed to be there. Kendall Wright's inability to master route running is what, IMO, led to him being phased out of the offense last year, despite arguably being our most explosive threat. Williams gives you alot of things to like in terms of YAC, size, catch radius, clutchness, blocking. However Davis offers alot of those same features. I don't think Davis injury hurts at all. the Senior Bowl would have been nice, but his performance in private workouts with teams and his Pro day will show everything he could have possibly done at the Combine. I personally value Davis over Williams, but I think JRob does to unless Williams shows himself to have more in his route arsenal than we currently know.

Jordan Lewis inthe 2nd seems like a huge reach to me. I know he played outside at Michigan, but I can't see it in the pros. Especially not considering they seems to value size on the outside. Its not so much his height as it is his weight. I think they want guys who tip the scale at 200 on the outside ideally. Lewis weighed 188 at the Combine, but I can't imagine him carrying that through a full season. Also, even in his highlight a number of his pass breakups would have been flags in the pros. He's very handsy, he also faceguards alot which to me is a reaction to getting beat early in the route. I'm curious to see how he tests out. I would need for him to show elite athleticism to be a top 50 pick. As is I'd like him as a 5th round pick who can compete in the slot, but I don't see the athleticism for him to ever be able to play the type of press man we play and turn and run. I feel like he'd be a flag magnet on the outside.

I like him overall. As far as former undersized Titan corners go, I see some of Cortland Finnegan's feistiness and he's almost a clone of ATV, body wise. However, we don't really play the type of defense that is conducive to that body type anymore. I just don't see Lewis displaying the type of athleticism that justifies your lofty grade.

**RIP Steve McNair**
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
...However Davis offers alot of those same features. I don't think Davis injury hurts at all. the Senior Bowl would have been nice, but his performance in private workouts with teams and his Pro day will show everything he could have possibly done at the Combine.

I really like Davis too... but I think it all relates back to level of competition. While he doesn't have a chance to go back and change the lack of top level competition during actual football games, him lining up against that level if even for a week during Senior Bowl would have done wonders to appease some of those concerns. As far as the combine, yeah, he'll be able to make those workouts up during his pro day, but again, he's not facing his competition on a level surface... ie, 40 times (and other timed events) can vary based on not only field conditions, but on timing mechanisms. How will they be clocking times at WM... who will be throwing him passes... etc...

There's only so much that film against non-NFL caliber competition can tell you... and so much you can't tell, ie how a player handles a superior, equal or near equal talent across from them for an entire game, multiple games. I know stars can he found in any round and from any school/conference, but in the first round, teams usually prefer going after a safer pick... someone they have seen consistently facing similar level competition.

Outside of Perriman and Quick, I can't remember a small school/conference WR in the past 5-10 years that has been taken in the 1st. On film, Davis shows the ability to join those 2 as 1st rounders... and will possibly be drafted higher than either of them was (although some mocks have Davis going late teens and into the 20's). But the lack of competition should be at least somewhat concerning... and the fact that he wasn't able to even join them at events like the Senior Bowl and the combine just piles on to the same concern for me. I can live with Davis in the top 10 (have him in that list of about 6 players I want with the first pick, preferably after a trade down)... but I understand that the risk/concern is there... and it's a concern that he no longer can do anything about, having missed the Senior Bowl, and now the combine.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the draft, I'm the same as Choc.. no real gripes, just little nitpicks here and there.

Things I love:

Trade down from 5
Berry in FA

Things I like a lot:

Williams at 10
Ryan in FA

Things I like:

Resigning of Schewnke and Klug
Addition of a Bears FA QB (I'd like Hoyer much much more)
Reddick... although I'd lke it more in the 2nd
Leggett in the 3rd (I'd like this a lot, but this would probably signal the end of Amaro... who I really want to succeed with us, so it drops it a little).

Things I'm not crazy about:
I may die of heartbreak if, even after trading down, we have a chance at Foster only to have him snatched up right before our pick. There is no one in this draft I'd rather have.
Lewis in the 2nd. So much depth that I believe a very good corner or two will be availble at 44 (or within striking range) such as Conley, White, Tankersley. I'd even take Moreau in the second before Lewis. Personally, I like Kazee more than Lewis as well... but that's just me.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
Its cool over all, my critques are more nitpicks but here it goes.

For Williams, IMO, it will come down to how well he runs the route tree. I think the FO and staff value and want WRs who will be where they're supposed to be, when their supposed to be there. Kendall Wright's inability to master route running is what, IMO, led to him being phased out of the offense last year, despite arguably being our most explosive threat. Williams gives you alot of things to like in terms of YAC, size, catch radius, clutchness, blocking. However Davis offers alot of those same features. I don't think Davis injury hurts at all. the Senior Bowl would have been nice, but his performance in private workouts with teams and his Pro day will show everything he could have possibly done at the Combine. I personally value Davis over Williams, but I think JRob does to unless Williams shows himself to have more in his route arsenal than we currently know.

Jordan Lewis inthe 2nd seems like a huge reach to me. I know he played outside at Michigan, but I can't see it in the pros. Especially not considering they seems to value size on the outside. Its not so much his height as it is his weight. I think they want guys who tip the scale at 200 on the outside ideally. Lewis weighed 188 at the Combine, but I can't imagine him carrying that through a full season. Also, even in his highlight a number of his pass breakups would have been flags in the pros. He's very handsy, he also faceguards alot which to me is a reaction to getting beat early in the route. I'm curious to see how he tests out. I would need for him to show elite athleticism to be a top 50 pick. As is I'd like him as a 5th round pick who can compete in the slot, but I don't see the athleticism for him to ever be able to play the type of press man we play and turn and run. I feel like he'd be a flag magnet on the outside.

I like him overall. As far as former undersized Titan corners go, I see some of Cortland Finnegan's feistiness and he's almost a clone of ATV, body wise. However, we don't really play the type of defense that is conducive to that body type anymore. I just don't see Lewis displaying the type of athleticism that justifies your lofty grade.

**Davis vs. Williams
Those are great points about Williams vs. Davis. If Wiliams doesn't show well in his knowledge of routes and ability to be where he is supposed to be, then I agree Davis would be over Williams. As a Pre-Combine look, Williams I think has the edge. But I don't think Williams is going to run well, so we should see him slide some, maybe. He might run a 4.5-4.58 or something. While Davis runs a 4.4 or 4.5 flat.
I do trust Davis' route running more. I really hate how lazy Williams runs his routes at time. But if we looking at this point of the off-season, I think Williams catch ability tips the scale slightly towards him.

***Lewis
I can see how some of the things I love about him could cause him some PI's in the pros. I'd hope some of those things can be taught. I love his anticipation and ability to mirror a WR. He looked good at the Senior Bowl with his technique. He was holding his own against bigger guys due to his technique. Now none of the guys there were DeAndre Hopkins but I still like it alot.
At the moment, 2nd does seem high for him, I'm anticipating a rise. I see him testing well.
Him in the 2nd is anticipating a run on corners. But if someone like Quincy Wilson, Desmond King falls I'd jump on them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: