Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Comp Picks made official:

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
freak_of_nature


Joined: 15 Oct 2012
Posts: 1573
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Comp Picks made official: Reply with quote

https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/NFL-Announces-32-Compensatory-Draft-Choices-to-16-Clubs.aspx

3-33 (97)
5-35 (178)
5-41 (184)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green4gulf


Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Posts: 2937
Location: The Treasure Coast
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understand the Caroo trade correctly then we will keep our 3rd round pick while sending our 3rd round comp pick and our 4th round pick to the Vikings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
freak_of_nature


Joined: 15 Oct 2012
Posts: 1573
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
If I understand the Caroo trade correctly then we will keep our 3rd round pick while sending our 3rd round comp pick and our 4th round pick to the Vikings.


That's what I thought, but I've been told that might not be the case. Hopefully the NFL will put out an official full draft order soon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheKillerNacho


Moderator
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 14844
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feels like the first time in years we were awarded some! Yay!
_________________
With much cheese,

Nacho Simulation Football League
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Emerica


Joined: 12 Nov 2011
Posts: 1583
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great haul
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hrubes20


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 12908
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green4gulf wrote:
If I understand the Caroo trade correctly then we will keep our 3rd round pick while sending our 3rd round comp pick and our 4th round pick to the Vikings.


I believe the 3rd rounder was always going to be our original one. The potential comp pick would have been a 4th rounder if we were awarded one, but we weren't, thus making it our original 4th. Looks like a miscalculation by the FO.
_________________


Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bpastermack


Joined: 17 Feb 2009
Posts: 13891
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrubes20 wrote:
green4gulf wrote:
If I understand the Caroo trade correctly then we will keep our 3rd round pick while sending our 3rd round comp pick and our 4th round pick to the Vikings.


I believe the 3rd rounder was always going to be our original one. The potential comp pick would have been a 4th rounder if we were awarded one, but we weren't, thus making it our original 4th. Looks like a miscalculation by the FO.


It wasn't a miscalculation. I believe it was because of how well Branch played that bumped it down a round.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 12212
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
It wasn't a miscalculation. I believe it was because of how well Branch played that bumped it down a round.


Nah, I don't think performance is taken into account. It's simply FAs lost and FAs gained in terms of how big their contracts were.
_________________
huzzah
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bpastermack


Joined: 17 Feb 2009
Posts: 13891
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
It wasn't a miscalculation. I believe it was because of how well Branch played that bumped it down a round.


Nah, I don't think performance is taken into account. It's simply FAs lost and FAs gained in terms of how big their contracts were.


Not from my research. Performance is part of the equation. Snap count, pro boiwl, etc. It's all part of the equation.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hrubes20


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 12908
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
It wasn't a miscalculation. I believe it was because of how well Branch played that bumped it down a round.


Nah, I don't think performance is taken into account. It's simply FAs lost and FAs gained in terms of how big their contracts were.


Not from my research. Performance is part of the equation. Snap count, pro boiwl, etc. It's all part of the equation.


Playing time and postseason honors do go into the equation, but it's believe to be only a small part of it. If anything, it had to do with Branch playing so much in place of Williams. That's the miscalculation.
_________________


Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bpastermack


Joined: 17 Feb 2009
Posts: 13891
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrubes20 wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
bpastermack wrote:
It wasn't a miscalculation. I believe it was because of how well Branch played that bumped it down a round.


Nah, I don't think performance is taken into account. It's simply FAs lost and FAs gained in terms of how big their contracts were.


Not from my research. Performance is part of the equation. Snap count, pro boiwl, etc. It's all part of the equation.


Playing time and postseason honors do go into the equation, but it's believe to be only a small part of it. If anything, it had to do with Branch playing so much in place of Williams. That's the miscalculation.


I also heard that if Miller had made the pro bowl, which isn't hard to do these days, then it would have been a 4th
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group