Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Denver Broncos Mock Offseason 2017 v.3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Denver Broncos Mock Offseason 2017 v.3 Reply with quote

Initial Cap Room - $31,904,799

CUTS
Russell Okung OT +10,900,000
Donald Stephenson OT +3,000,000
Virgil Green TE +2,800,000
Jared Crick 34DE +1,750,000
Cody Latimer WR +825,725
Billy Turner OT +794,000
Marlon Brown WR +690,000
Juwan Thompson RB +690,000
Ty Sambrialo OT +520,367

Adjusted Cap Room - $49,899,891

RE-SIGNING
Demarcus Ware EDGE – 1 year / $2,000,000
Vance Walker DL – 1 year / $2,000,000
Dekoda Watson EDGE – 1 year / $900,000
Brandon McManus K – Round Two Tender - $2,553,000
Todd Davis ILB – Origional Round Tender - $1,671,000
Matt Paradis OC – ERFA Tender - $615,000
Bennie Fowler WR - ERFA Tender - $615,000
Shaq Barrett EDGE - ERFA Tender - $615,000
Jordan Taylor WR - ERFA Tender - $615,000

Removed for Rookies - $7,000,000
Adjusted Cap Room - $35,716.891

FREE AGENCY
Calais Campbell 34DE – 3 years / $42,000,000 / $20,000,000 Guaranteed / 14M AV
WHY? He is an elite DL who instantly would transform our DL from passable to elite. He is a Denver native who is a perfect scheme fit and seems the type that would love to play on this fiery defense.

Andrew Whitworth LT – 2 years / $24,000,000 / $14,000,000 Guaranteed / 12M AV
WHY? Another elite talent who steps in as a two year stopgap at LT. He is old but an iron man who still plays at a top 5 level for LT.

Riley Reiff RT – 3 years / $16,500,000 / $6,000,000 / 5.5M AV
WHY? Average talent but fits our more physical MBS and mauls in the run game. We cant hit all homeruns and settle for Reiff to be a medium tier starter for the next few years.

Markus Wheaton WR – 3 years / $12,000,000 / $5,000,000 / 4M AV
WHY? He was injured all last year but began to show his big-play talents in 2015/16. He will come cheap since this is a deep middle tier WR class and projects as an elite slot WR who can win over the middle, with the ball in his hands and when going deep.

William Beatty OT – 1 year / Vet Min
WHY? It looks crazy to target another OT after signing two, but I refuse to rely on unproven rookie talent as our only option should one of the above go down. Beatty was a talented guy who has been derailed by injury but, if healthy, may prove a cheap, effective injury stopgap.

NFL DRAFT

*** Denver trades 1.20, 3.82 and 4.146 to Kansas City for 1.27 and 2.59 ***

1.27 – Forrest Lamp OL – Western Kentucky (RS Senior, 6’04, 305lbs, 5.12 40)
WHY? We go with the guy that has both a high ceiling and high floor. I see a near guaranteed Pro Bowl talent in Forrest who has an outside chance of becoming the next Zach Martin. He has everything you need physically with a NFL ready understanding of the game. Comes in from day-1 and secures the starting LG spot for the next decade.

2.51 – Jarrad Davis – ILB – Florida (Senior, 6’01, 238lbs, 4.78 40 EST)
WHY? Our defense missed Trevathan immensely last year. Davis has elite athleticism and plays with tenacity that really fits our defense. He is overaggressive and undisciplined, but will be surrounded by vets to mature his game. Shows that range that we really need in our ILB to make this defense hum.

2.59 – Evan Engram TE/WR – Ole Miss (Senior, 6’03, 236lbs, 4.64 40 EST)
WHY? The offense needs to keep adding weapons to ensure the QB’s life is easy, and Engram is just that. A move TE with WR agility and speed he can make game changing plays across the middle and break the seam route with regularity. He must improve blocking and add weight but will be used primarily as a move-TE as a rookie.

3.82 – Dorian Johnson OL – Pittsburg (Senior, 6’05, 300lbs, 5.20 40 EST)
WHY? While he is listed as an OG, this kid has the talent to make a move to OT with some NFL seasoning. He is big, athletic with well-developed body. He may never have the agility to make it at OT, but we draft him with the intent of trying him there and if he failed, move him inside where he is already proven.

3.102 – Jarron Jones DL – Notre Dame (RS Senior, 6’05, 315lbs, 5.14 EST)
WHY? We must add more talent to the DL and Jarron is a versatile player who fits as an attacking NT or run stuffing DE. He has motor and injury issues, but is worth the risk at this point in the draft. We cant assume Gotsis pans out, and our starters, while elite, need rest and wont be here forever. Jones can improve our depth across the DL and learn from the best.

4.125 – Corn Elder NB – Miami (FL) (Senior, 5’10, 179lbs, 4.49 40 EST)
WHY? He doesn’t have size, but he is super physical and has elite quick-twitch athleticism. Eldar can be groomed to man the slot but might pull off an outside job due to his physicality and elite man-cover skills. Has returner abilities which get him on the field as a rookie and can gun very well too.

*** Denver trades 6.198 and 7.234to New York Jets for 6.185 ***

6.185 - Stevie Tuikolovatu NT – USC (RS Senior, 6’01, 350lbs, 5.46 40 EST)
WHY? Our NT rotation in this mock will rely on a platoon style for the 2017 season and Stevie projects well as an early down run stuffer who can contribute sooner than later. He may never develop into the type of 3 down NT that teams covet, but in R6 he shows the value of a guy that can contribute as a rookie in shoring our NT rotation with a big body.

7.247 – Donnel Pumphrey RB – San Diego St (Senior, 5’08, 169lbs, 4.43 40 EST)
WHY? His size causes him to plummet as teams are wary that he is another La’Michael James. We draft him late and let him compete with Bibbs for the #3 RB spot, but in all likelihood he ends up on the PS and is give a year, maybe two, to put muscle on. If he cant do that, he likely never makes it. But it’s a nice high-upside pick this late.

QB – Trevor Siemian / Paxton Lynch
RB – CJ Anderson / Devontae Booker / Kapri Bibbs v Donnel Pumphrey
TE – AJ Derby / Evan Engram / Jeff Heurman
WR1 – Deymarius Thomas / Bennie Fowler
WR2 – Emmanuel Sanders / Jordan Taylor
SLOT – Markus Wheaton
LT – Andrew Whitworth / William Beatty
LG – Forrest Lamp / Max Garcia / Dorian Johnson
OC – Matt Paradis / Max Garcia
RG – Michael Schofield / Connor McGovern
RT – Riley Reiff / Dorian Johnson

DE – Calais Campbell / Adam Gotsis / Jarron Jones
NT – Kyle Peko / Stevie Tuikolovatu / Vance Walker / Jarron Jones (Rotation)
DE – Derek Wolfe / Vance Walker
EDGE – Von Miller / Shaq Barrett / Dakota Watson
ILB – Jarrad Davis / Cory Nelson
ILB – Brandon Marshall / Todd Davis
EDGE – Shane Ray / Demarcus Ware
CB1 – Chris Harris Jr / Corn Eldar
CB2 – Aquib Talib / Lorenzo Doss
CB3 – Bradley Roby
FS – Darian Stewart / Justin Simmons
SS – TJ Ward / Will Parks
Broncofan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really strong FA result. If we got Campbell Whitworth and Reiff I'd be doing cartwheels.

Re: draft I can accept moving down within the 1st round and keeping the 5th year option if we still get the guy we want. Just curious - why would KC want to move up? In-division trades are so infrequent. Plus off the draft chart do we need to throw in 4.142?

Lamp Davis & Jarron Jones & Elder I can get behind at their slot. Engrams I'm iffy on - the Combine might make his draft stock soar but I wonder if his size Q's will let him slide. If we kept 4.142 a Zay Jones or RB would represent a nice value pick (I think Jones Combine will let him fall outside the top 100).

Overall other than the trade down to then get Engram, can't argue the value. I'd hope Elway breaks with tradition and stops going with all projects with our 3-4 top 100 picks in Rd 2-3.
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just curious - why would KC want to move up? In-division trades are so infrequent. Plus off the draft chart do we need to throw in 4.142?

They would be moving up for a QB here. I don't see an issue with value since the players I have top grades on fall off after around pick 60-65.

Quote:
I'd hope Elway breaks with tradition and stops going with all projects with our 3-4 top 100 picks in Rd 2-3.

I agree, but of my picks in top 100, I see two 3 down starters (Lamp/Jarrad) a guy that should get 60-70% of snaps (Engram) a rotational DL that likely gets about 30-40% of snaps (Jarron) and a project who shouldn't see time (Dorian).
Crickett

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Denver Broncos Mock Offseason 2017 v.3 Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
NFL DRAFT

*** Denver trades 1.20, 3.82 and 4.146 to Kansas City for 1.27 and 2.59 ***

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
3.82 – Dorian Johnson OL – Pittsburg (Senior, 6’05, 300lbs, 5.20 40 EST)
WHY? While he is listed as an OG, this kid has the talent to make a move to OT with some NFL seasoning. He is big, athletic with well-developed body. He may never have the agility to make it at OT, but we draft him with the intent of trying him there and if he failed, move him inside where he is already proven.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh. Ok meant 3.100 or whatever our second COMP pick would be.
elliot878

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big fan of this! It covers every need, and I'm a big fan of the players you picked in the draft, especially your late rounders. If this happened I'd be thrilled. We're a little raw at nose tackle but there's upside there, and I love big Stevie.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:
Just curious - why would KC want to move up? In-division trades are so infrequent. Plus off the draft chart do we need to throw in 4.142?

They would be moving up for a QB here. I don't see an issue with value since the players I have top grades on fall off after around pick 60-65.

Quote:
I'd hope Elway breaks with tradition and stops going with all projects with our 3-4 top 100 picks in Rd 2-3.

I agree, but of my picks in top 100, I see two 3 down starters (Lamp/Jarrad) a guy that should get 60-70% of snaps (Engram) a rotational DL that likely gets about 30-40% of snaps (Jarron) and a project who shouldn't see time (Dorian).

Re: trade scenario moving up to take QBOTF, ok that makes sense. Going off the trade value chart I think moving up from 27 to 20 justifies moving up 23 spots in Rd 3 to late rd 2, that's all. But I'm going off memory alone.

My criticism of Elway rd 2-3 wasn't directed at your picks. Getting 1 project in 3-4 top 100 picks is justifiable. It's just been the overwhelming norm with Elway. I hope it changes this year to something similar to your top 100 picks.

EDIT: I just looked up the trade chart. Moving from 27 to 20 is a 120 pt difference while 82 to 59 is a 130 pt difference. It's all for fun but I think we'd likely keep 4.142 as it's usually the team moving up in Rd 1 that pays more.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/draft/draft-trade-chart/
broncs4life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be VERY happy! Great work

Thanks to CalhounLambeau for the incredible sig!!
Von Miller 2011 DROY and SB50 MVP!!!!!
IT'S MILLER TIME!!
GO BRONCOS!
Counselor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adjust this for the comp picks

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me Bolles over Lamp, you built a nice off season...congrats....you are a scholar and a gentleman.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: