FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are transitioning to a new forum software platform. Your current password will not work after August 12th. Update the email in your profile so you are not locked out. Click here for more information.

Surprise 1st Rounders
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Counselor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nazair Jones DL UNC

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counselor wrote:
Nazair Jones DL UNC

I like Nazair Jones a lot. In an average DL class he might sneak in but could also fall to the 5th round

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counselor wrote:
Nazair Jones DL UNC

There is no way this happens.

I'm also skeptical about Mahomes going in the 1st round - especially to Arizona. Could you imagine being Carson Palmer and Larry Fitzgerald and seeing the pick team a quarterback who's not going to contribute to wins for at least a whole season (which might be the last season of your career)?

Houston, Pittsburgh, and KC are possibilities but all of those teams are also in "win now" modes, as well. I think he's definitely a second round possibility to those teams (including Arizona), but first round doesn't quite make sense in a strong draft class.
jetskid007

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's important to remember that even in a poor OL class, at least 4 guys will go in round 1. 2015 was a pretty weak year and there was still 7 that went in the 1st round. My guess is there will be around 5 OL that go day 1, and it will really come down to flavors. The more you read, it seems like scouts opinions are all over the place, which is a sign to me that we should expect "surprises" at the position.

Two players I have a feeling will be drafted on Day 1 are Dion Dawkins and Taylor Moton. In most classes they're 2nd round picks, but in a weak class their value will be pumped up. I think teams believe Dawkins can play 4-of-5 OL spots, which will separate him from the guards in this class. I have similar feelings about Moton, who may not be a LT but can certainly play LG/RG/RT.

Antonio Garcia should go in round 1. He's my favorite LT, however, I can't help but thinking that he slips. You don't really see a G (unless he plays in a ZBS), and there are not many teams in the bottom half that need a LT. The teams that do may nitpick on his size and length. Giants would be a great fit, but he's not the kind of OL Jerry Reese selects in round 1.
mr fluffles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be more surprised of Mahomes and Garcia didn't go in the first. Reddick is probably going in the first too.

Derrick Rivers
Zay Jones
Carlos Henderson
Kevin King
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
Counselor wrote:
Nazair Jones DL UNC

There is no way this happens.

I'm also skeptical about Mahomes going in the 1st round - especially to Arizona. Could you imagine being Carson Palmer and Larry Fitzgerald and seeing the pick team a quarterback who's not going to contribute to wins for at least a whole season (which might be the last season of your career)?

Houston, Pittsburgh, and KC are possibilities but all of those teams are also in "win now" modes, as well. I think he's definitely a second round possibility to those teams (including Arizona), but first round doesn't quite make sense in a strong draft class.

If I'm the Cardinals GM, I don't care. Palmer and Fitz are likely done after 2017. They aren't in my long-term plans. I'm not drafting to appease them.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zane Gonzalez, K, ASU
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaleel Johnson in the top 15.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
If I'm the Cardinals GM, I don't care. Palmer and Fitz are likely done after 2017. They aren't in my long-term plans. I'm not drafting to appease them.

But with their return, the roster and the team mindset is undoubtedly "win now." You're not necessarily just appeasing Palmer and Fitz, you're getting a player who can contribute from day 1 and play into your team's Super Bowl plans. Either way you're contributing to your teams' future, but if you draft a quarterback you're not contributing to your team's [urgent] present at the same time.

I don't believe in Palmer's ability to get the Cardinals to the Super Bowl anyway, so it's not like I'm disagreeing in terms of what I would do as GM. I'd just be surprised if that's who Keim decided to draft.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

But with their return, the roster and the team mindset is undoubtedly "win now." You're not necessarily just appeasing Palmer and Fitz, you're getting a player who can contribute from day 1 and play into your team's Super Bowl plans. Either way you're contributing to your teams' future, but if you draft a quarterback you're not contributing to your team's [urgent] present at the same time.

I don't believe in Palmer's ability to get the Cardinals to the Super Bowl anyway, so it's not like I'm disagreeing in terms of what I would do as GM. I'd just be surprised if that's who Keim decided to draft.

If any GM has a guy who he believes is a potential franchise QB sitting in their laps and has a long-term need for a franchise QB -- and passes on them -- they deserve to immediately be fired.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based off of his combine performance I could see Melifonwu, somebody will fall in love with his measurables. 6'4 220 if he runs 4.4 or lower, runs a good 3 cone (Which is the most important for him IMO with fluid hips as well) and shows lower body explosion, I someone will fall in love.

Someone could trade back up into the 1st with one of the playoff teams, or one of the playoff teams would like him too
indigo_rex

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he performs the way I expect this week, Tanoh Kpassagnon is going to be a 1st RD pick.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im on the Tyus Bowser hype train.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
Based off of his combine performance I could see Melifonwu, somebody will fall in love with his measurables. 6'4 220 if he runs 4.4 or lower, runs a good 3 cone (Which is the most important for him IMO with fluid hips as well) and shows lower body explosion, I someone will fall in love.

Someone could trade back up into the 1st with one of the playoff teams, or one of the playoff teams would like him too

I can see him being the Pats pick.
VanS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OLB Derek Rivers - I think he tests freakish at the combine. This boosts him into the top 20.
CB Cameron Sutton - I think a few NFL teams have him rated very high but are keeping it quiet for now. Wouldn't surprise me to see him go in the fist 20 picks.
S Marcus Maye - This is a loaded safety class. If there is a run on them early, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go higher than most assume.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: