You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tannehill Cleared

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joeyL.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Tannehill Cleared Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000787402/article/ryan-tannehill-reportedly-at-full-health-for-dolphins

Quote:
The successfully recovery means Tannehill will participate in the team's April conditioning program and organized team activities in May. The quarterback is expected to sport a knee brace throughout the 2017 season, though

Quote:
Tannehill weeks ago passed a battery of tests on his ACL and Grade 2 MCL sprain, The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero reported Thursday. He is not only fully healthy, per Salguero, but also no more susceptible to a future ACL tear in his left knee than if he'd undergone surgery.

This is encouraging considering the amount of uncertainty surrounding the injury.

Now, lets put the Romo and other Trade rumors to rest.

^^^packerbacker87, mad props yo.
"
This is America, the land of individualism, civil
disobedience and footballs that dont roll like the rest of the world wants them to"
cddolphin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stem cell treatments have been a boon to athletes.

Good for Tannehill, glad to see it. Won't miss a single offseason program.
MDolphins2399

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignoring the appearance that things definitely seemed to start clicking for tannehill in very positive ways as this season went on, Tannehill's greatest ability is most definitely his durability. This guy has always taken huge hits and bounced back. Anyone who saw this injury "knew" he had severely damaged his knee. Less than 4 months later he's cleared to fully participate in offseason activities. That's pretty incredible.
green4gulf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news. Now we just need to bring in 2 FA upgrades at OG and our Offense will be looking solid, roster wise. Add a FA upgrade at LB and we will be set for the BPA on defense in round 1 and 2.
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to throw cold water on it, but he still has a partially torn ACL, and will be required to wear a knee brace. It won't affect his throwing motion, but he won't be able to scramble like he used too. That brace is like putting handles on his leg, defenders will be able to lock onto it.
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I hate when I'm right. Tannehill reinjured his left knee, while scrambling away from defenders in practice. It was a non contact injury. Tanny was running, tried to slow down, and the left knee buckled. He got up, but couldn't hardly put any weight on it, and limped off the field. The Dolphins brass has banned anyone from talking, however some Dolphins have talked in secret, saying that it is a serious injury.

The rumor is that Tanny further tore the ligaments in his knee.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericsvibe wrote:

Sounds like they found no structural damage to any of his ligaments and this was merely a hyperextension.

Still makes me a bit concerned about the integrity of his knee.
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
ericsvibe wrote:

Sounds like they found no structural damage to any of his ligaments and this was merely a hyperextension.

Still makes me a bit concerned about the integrity of his knee.

If he can barely run without hurting it, how in the world is he going to take a shot from a 300 lb D-lineman running at full speed.

There is going to be a lot of doubt in Tannys mind now. They better have Jay Cutler on the phone.

I know doubt that Tanny can make it through training camp.
Dashing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think jay cutler signs and hate to break it to you guys I feel like Gase sees cutler for of his qb . I read an article just now about how much he really lied cutler .

In my eyes cutler hasn't declined or lost a step he is what he has been since 2006 and played with a very injured bears roster .

He honestly will improve your offense he has an amazing arm and can stretch the field to .
green4gulf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
I think jay cutler signs and hate to break it to you guys I feel like Gase sees cutler for of his qb . I read an article just now about how much he really lied cutler .

In my eyes cutler hasn't declined or lost a step he is what he has been since 2006 and played with a very injured bears roster .

He honestly will improve your offense he has an amazing arm and can stretch the field to .

I don't have any problem with signing Cutler and paying him starter money for 1 year. In Gase system I expect him to run the Offense better than Tannehill and Moore. It might not be a terrible idea to let Tannehill sit out the year and watch Cutler to get a better take on how to do some things, yet also on how to not do some other things ( cutler can be a turnover machine ). Although, Cutler to Stills and Parker deep could be dynamic.

I fear that if we don't sign Cutler then by weak 4 we will be hearing Tebow chants.
Deadeye

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it took 8 months or so, but the Phins finally did the right thing with Tannehill:

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football

Quote:
ESPNís Adam Schefter reports the Dolphins have placed quarterback Ryan Tannehill on injured reserve.
After opting not to undergo surgery last offseason with a partially torn ACL, Tannehill is choosing the opposite this time around. He will likely be ready to go for training camp next season after season-ending surgery due to happen shortly. Jay Cutler will now be the starting quarterback. Fantasy players shouldn't be avoiding Dolphins skill players solely because of this change as Cutler has supported multiple top 24 fantasy receivers in his career.

I think Gase could end up being a great coach, but our FO sux big time.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: