You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LondonBengal Mock v1.0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: LondonBengal Mock v1.0 Reply with quote

Been out of the loop for a while now; wallowing in a beer-fuddled stupar following our woeful 6 win season.

After much deliberation; thought I'd entertain you all for a few seconds with my mock v 1.0.

1. Assumes we somehow get Kirkpatrick/ Whitworth/ Zeitler re-signed or franchised; cut Adam Jones for being a complete horses-a$$ and don't bother with Chykie Brown/ Burkhead/ Dansby/ TJ Johnson/ Gilberry/ Hunt/ LaFell/ Peerman & Peko. Rex would be a nice re-signing, but I suspect he gets better offers elsewhere.

2. Assumes we trade QB AJ McCarron to CHI for their 2nd & 4th round picks this year.

3. Assumes we trade down from #9 with ARZ for their R1 #13 & R3 #77 picks this year.

4. Assumes we get 4 additional compensatory picks awarded this March; (R3 for Sanu, R4 for Jones, R6 for Nelson & R6 for Andre Smith)

.....a lot of assumations I know, but there you go.

================================================
R1-#013 [t/down ARZ] WR John ROSS [Washington].
Impact speedster opposite AJ. We all saw how anaemic our offence looked without Green and Eifert. Ross gets separation, can get deep in a hurry, and has value as a lightning K/PR if we let go of Adam Jones.
[Replacement for Brandon LaFell]

R2-#036 [trade-CHI] DE Tanoh KPASSAGNON [Villanova].
Perhaps a surprise pick here for many; but I've watched a lot of this guy, and rate him highly. He's got a little Javon Kearse in him; tall, big wingspan, cat-quick for a big guy, and fits into the Bengals mould for a DE. One of the very best rushers IMO this year. DUNLAP-GENO-BILLINGS-KPASSAGNON .....wow !!!!
[Replacement for Hunt immediately, MJ90 eventually]

R2-#041 OC Pat ELFLEIN [Ohio State]
I take a centre here, but I have this guy rated above Pocic. Elflein looks like that tough, hard-nosed guy who'd come out of any bar fight still standing. Like to think he could be our centre for a decade. The sort of snarly, inside leader we need up front IMO.
[Upgrades Bodine in camp]

R3-#073 TE Bucky HODGES [VT]
Like this guy. We can't have another year of weakness @ TE; where at some point, we lost all three of Eifert/ Kroft and Uzomah to injury. He could do with bulking up a little and improving his blocking, but like Eifert; he's a huge mis-match in pass mode.
[Upgrades Kroft, but I'd go with 4 TE's + Hewitt + 3 x RB's anyways]

R3-#077 [trade-ARZ] CB/FS Kevin KING [Washington]
Big tall flexible DB capable of playing all spots in the backfield, and capable of going toe-to-toe with the biggest receivers.
[Replaces Adam Jones]

R3-#99? [comp-Mo Sanu] OT/G Zack BANNER [USC]
This is the sort of guy you want getting off the team bus first; I absolutely love guys that are so big; their jersey numbers look small. Can you imagine being a 190 lb DB, and this 360 lb mammoth comes round the corner looking for someone to pancake !! Transforms our running game instantly, but needs to get his feet moving in pass pro. Alexander needs to ditch this 'all-technique' fashion with our lineman, and go get some folks that are going to tattoo people.
[Backs up Fisher @ RT, and Zeitler @ RG]

R4-#114 [trade-CHI] DT Jarron JONES[Notre Dame]
We seem to do OK with 4th round DT's, so why not ?
[replaces Peko, competition for Billings, Sims & Thompson]

R4-#137 RB Jeremy McNICHOLS [Boise St].
Nice back, good hands, good STeamer, solid guy.
[Replaces Burkhead & Peerman]

R4-#144 [comp-Marvin Jones] OLB Carroll PHILLIPS [Illinois]
Coming off his best year, looks like good tenacious, all-round tackling/rushing LB.
[Replaces Karlos Dansby]

R5-#154 QB Chad KELLY [Ole Miss]
Ignoring his off-field highlights, and just focussing on his film; he looks like a solid NFL prospect, and reminds me a little of Romo, with some of his uncle thrown in. Lets all hope for his sake he turns into more of a Jim Kelly than a Johnny Manziel.
[In the competition to back-up AD with Driskel + another vet QB or UDFA]

R6-#193 K Zane GONZALES [Arizona St]
Draft the best possible K here to compete with Bullock & Brown. Best man gets the job. Can't have another season like last, where the damn kicker cost us a winning season.
[Enters competition for the kicking job]

R6-#217 [comp-Reggie Nelson] CB Jeremy CLARK [Michigan]
Watched a couple of Michigan games last year, and this big, tall, fast guy stood out to me; and perhaps would get picked higher but for injury.
[In the competition with Benwikere, McRae, Russell for depth DB spots, but the sort of guy you want to squirrell away somehow for the future].

R6-#220 [comp-Andre Smith] QB Seth RUSSELL [Baylor]
What could possibly go wrong with a 6th round quarterback ? Guy needs to bulk up a bit, but is an interesting prospect if healthy.
[In the mix with Driskel and Kelly to back-up Dalton if we trade AJM]

R7-#229 OG Kareem ARE [Florida State]
Seems a better prospect to me than some guards ranked much higher. Big, strong guy with the raw tools to work with.
[Competes for a back-up OG spot with Westerman/ Hopkins/ Redmond]
================================================

....fire away guys.........
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be happy with it overall

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:

That's ocho's way of saying he's not a fan of John Ross that early but the rest of the draft makes up for it...
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't love a wide receiver @ 12. I like Elflein a lot and hope we get him.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

That's ocho's way of saying he's not a fan of John Ross that early but the rest of the draft makes up for it...

You're right in the fact that I dont like him that early, but I looked at overall what we walk away with as a draft and I am happy with it so I won't nitpick about how early we took him

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you figure Sanu nets a higher comp pick than Jones, when Jones got a bigger contract?
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
How do you figure Sanu nets a higher comp pick than Jones, when Jones got a bigger contract?

Comp picks are in; you're right 'INB', R4#138 4 Marvin Jones, R5#178 4 Mo Sanu, R6#219 4 Reggie Nelson, & R7#253 4 Andre Smith.

Is it me, or have the comp pix been announced much earlier this year ? I didn't think they were announced til after the late March owners meeting ?

Perhaps they're earlier, because they're now tradeable ?
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm late on this, but what I think about this. Starting off with free agency

Free agency here would be great, but not very likely they managed to bring back all 3 guys in Kirk, Whit, and Zeitler. I agree with most of the guys being let go except for Lafell. Johnson is a RFA, so its almost certain he will be back.

Getting a 2nd and 4th for McCarron is pretty good, can't argue with that. Interesting trade with the Cardinals, moving down only 4 spots is something I can live with. Now for the draft.

1.I can understand taking a WR here, but is there seriously no better options sitting at 13? Also I want to see who you have as the first 12 picks.

2a.They definitely need to get a DE in the 2nd round. However, not sure how I feel about drafting a project player in the 2nd round.

2b.Finally getting a replacement for Bodine will make me happy, good pick here.

3a.We agreed on the same pick here. I would have no problem whatsoever getting Hodges if he falls in the 3rd.

3b.Another good value pick, they need someone to fill the Jones void.

3c.Adding another OL player as insurance wouldn't hurt, even if they did managed to resign both Whit and Zeitler

4a.Solid depth at DT, good pick

4b.We also agree on this pick, so no arguments here.

4c.Would of much rather preferred to address the LB position much sooner than the 4th round.

5.We're all on the Chad Kelly bandwagon it seems. Although I would wait till the 6th round to get him IMO.

6a.Getting Gonzales this late in the draft is a steal.

6b.Practice squad pick, so that's good.

6c.Don't like the idea of drafting 2 QB's in the draft, especially considering Russell may not even get drafted.

7.Good practice squad pick, thats it.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: