Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PFT: BROWNS TO GO AFTER KIRK COUSINS ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeT14

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeSean sounded like a sure thing too, came here, didn't leave until deal was done...

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
TheGreeK1973 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Casserly reads my mind:

https://youtu.be/U6_J7rqbLRc

Man you are going to upset a lot of people with this post. LOL.

I love when Charlie pointed out the Scherff move and he is exactly right when he said if Moses was not there it would have been a disaster. Spending a top 5 pick on a Guard with Williams seating there for the taking....

If only someone on the board had decried that mistake when it happened?

Oh wait, you mean most of the frigging board screamed and rent their garments when we passed on Williams? That the person who posted the video was one of the few who defended the pick?

Look, McCloughan's gone. We'll see what happens going forward. I think Casserly and Allen's backers here will be sorely disappointed.

I was of those who said WTF is Scott doing? However lets face it Brandon is a stud and we have a heck of a OL right now so I totally forgive him. However last year's draft I don't forgive. Billings seating right there in the 4th and we trade out of it? Still don't get that move, its not we got this year's 3rd or something.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
Woz wrote:
TheGreeK1973 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Casserly reads my mind:

I love when Charlie pointed out the Scherff move and he is exactly right when he said if Moses was not there it would have been a disaster. Spending a top 5 pick on a Guard with Williams seating there for the taking....

Oh wait, you mean most of the frigging board screamed and rent their garments when we passed on Williams? That the person who posted the video was one of the few who defended the pick?

Look, McCloughan's gone. We'll see what happens going forward. I think Casserly and Allen's backers here will be sorely disappointed.

I was of those who said WTF is Scott doing? However lets face it Brandon is a stud and we have a heck of a OL right now so I totally forgive him. However last year's draft I don't forgive. Billings seating right there in the 4th and we trade out of it? Still don't get that move, its not we got this year's 3rd or something.
Remains to be seen if passing on Billings to get future picks and then draft Ioannidis a round later is the right move. Billings is working back from his knee injury who cost him his rookie season while Ioannidis started to flash some in December as he became a rotational piece.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
The more I think about it... why wouldn't the Browns just trade for Kirk without Kirk agreeing to a LTD?

They get him on the tag this year, then next year they can transition tag him. With the amount of cap space Cleveland has, they can match any team's offer and then some. They've built up their OL , added some weapons on offense, and have a boatload of draft picks. They can use all those picks to become a powerhouse with a franchise QB already in place.

Looks like the Browns are coming around to my way of thinking:

Cleveland may make a run at Kirk Cousins
Quote:

Regardless of whether Kirk Cousins did or didn’t demand or request or whatever a trade from Washington, Cousins may be getting one.

Per a league source, there’s a growing belief in some circles that the Browns will try to acquire Cousins via trade. Another source said that, when Cousins chose to sign his franchise tender last week, the one concern he had is that, after the tender is signed, he can be traded. He specifically was concerned about being traded to Cleveland.

Although it has been reported that Cousins would accept a trade only to the 49ers, his one-year, $23.94 million contract can be traded to the Browns or any other team, if the Browns or any other team is willing to trade for a guy who is under contract for only one year.

The Browns, who have dumped $16 million into a quarterback they’ll never actually put on the field, could easily justify paying $23.94 million to Cousins in 2017, and if necessary to give him a 20-percent raise in 2018 ($28.78 million) via the transition tag. They also would have the opportunity to try to persuade Cousins to sign a long-term deal through July 15.

If they’re willing to absorb Cousins’ contract without a long-term deal, the question becomes whether Cleveland would offer enough to get Washington’s attention via trade. The easiest way to do it would be to dangle the supposed Garoppolo package (No. 12 this year and the second-round pick acquired from Houston in the hot potato Osweiler trade).

How could Washington reject that? For Cleveland, it’s easy to justify the offer; they get a proven quarterback instead of a roll-of-the-dice rookie with the twelfth overall pick, and they give up the extra second-round pick they bought from the Texans.

That doesn’t mean a Cousins-to-Cleveland trade will happen, but it’s on the radar screen. And even though Cousins may not want to be traded to the Browns, it may not be a bad thing. Coach Hue Jackson runs the same offense as Jay Gruden does in Washington, and the expectations in Cleveland are about as low as they could be.

More at link.
Dashing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^ it'd make sense for the browns and hue Jackson very good offensive minded coach . Idk if Kirk would like Cleveland but if they can assure him the money he wants I feel as if he will get more appreciation and love from the fans .
A TRAIN 89

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm beginning to think Kirk doesn't care about the situation. He wants 2 things:

1. To be wanted

2. To get handsomely paid on a long term deal

He is a Midwest guy and Hue Jackson is a great QB coach. I think he would do just fine in Cleveland all things considered. They just bolstered their Offensive Line and have a decent running game.

Not to mention, he can win over the Cleveland fans and be the savior of that franchise much easier than he can in Washington. That is a god damn fact.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A TRAIN 89 wrote:
I'm beginning to think Kirk doesn't care about the situation. He wants 2 things:

1. To be wanted

He is a Midwest guy and Hue Jackson is a great QB coach. I think he would do just fine in Cleveland all things considered. They just bolstered their Offensive Line and have a decent running game.

Not to mention, he can win over the Cleveland fans and be the savior of that franchise much easier than he can in Washington. That is a god damn fact.
I don't know man. Cleveland is where QB careers die.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports the Browns "aren't expected" to make a run at Redskins franchise player Kirk Cousins, but that three other teams have in the past 10 days and were "immediately turned down."

Profootballtalk reported Tuesday there's a "growing belief" in league circles Cleveland will make a play for Washington's disgruntled quarterback. Beat writer Mary Kay Cabot reports it's unlikely because of both the draft pick compensation and contract the rebuilding Browns would have to shell out. It's still not a categorical denial. The Redskins have adopted a "This Is Fine." public posture with their quarterback, but the rest of the league isn't buying it.

Looks like we're either seriously not going to trade Kirk this offseason, or we are prolonging it so that teams compete against themselves to drive the price up, and we will trade him for the best deal right before the draft.

Even if that second part isn't what we're doing, the prospect of getting traded to a place like Cleveland or NYJ will hopefully give Kirk more incentive to sign the LTD here.
redskins4life

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
The more I think about it... why wouldn't the Browns just trade for Kirk without Kirk agreeing to a LTD?

They get him on the tag this year, then next year they can transition tag him. With the amount of cap space Cleveland has, they can match any team's offer and then some. They've built up their OL , added some weapons on offense, and have a boatload of draft picks. They can use all those picks to become a powerhouse with a franchise QB already in place.

Looks like the Browns are coming around to my way of thinking:

Cleveland may make a run at Kirk Cousins
Quote:

Regardless of whether Kirk Cousins did or didn’t demand or request or whatever a trade from Washington, Cousins may be getting one.

Per a league source, there’s a growing belief in some circles that the Browns will try to acquire Cousins via trade. Another source said that, when Cousins chose to sign his franchise tender last week, the one concern he had is that, after the tender is signed, he can be traded. He specifically was concerned about being traded to Cleveland.

Although it has been reported that Cousins would accept a trade only to the 49ers, his one-year, $23.94 million contract can be traded to the Browns or any other team, if the Browns or any other team is willing to trade for a guy who is under contract for only one year.

The Browns, who have dumped $16 million into a quarterback they’ll never actually put on the field, could easily justify paying $23.94 million to Cousins in 2017, and if necessary to give him a 20-percent raise in 2018 ($28.78 million) via the transition tag. They also would have the opportunity to try to persuade Cousins to sign a long-term deal through July 15.

If they’re willing to absorb Cousins’ contract without a long-term deal, the question becomes whether Cleveland would offer enough to get Washington’s attention via trade. The easiest way to do it would be to dangle the supposed Garoppolo package (No. 12 this year and the second-round pick acquired from Houston in the hot potato Osweiler trade).

How could Washington reject that? For Cleveland, it’s easy to justify the offer; they get a proven quarterback instead of a roll-of-the-dice rookie with the twelfth overall pick, and they give up the extra second-round pick they bought from the Texans.

That doesn’t mean a Cousins-to-Cleveland trade will happen, but it’s on the radar screen. And even though Cousins may not want to be traded to the Browns, it may not be a bad thing. Coach Hue Jackson runs the same offense as Jay Gruden does in Washington, and the expectations in Cleveland are about as low as they could be.

More at link.

I LIKE THAT! Get the deal done already!
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports the Browns "aren't expected" to make a run at Redskins franchise player Kirk Cousins, but that three other teams have in the past 10 days and were "immediately turned down."

Profootballtalk reported Tuesday there's a "growing belief" in league circles Cleveland will make a play for Washington's disgruntled quarterback. Beat writer Mary Kay Cabot reports it's unlikely because of both the draft pick compensation and contract the rebuilding Browns would have to shell out. It's still not a categorical denial. The Redskins have adopted a "This Is Fine." public posture with their quarterback, but the rest of the league isn't buying it.

Looks like we're either seriously not going to trade Kirk this offseason, or we are prolonging it so that teams compete against themselves to drive the price up, and we will trade him for the best deal right before the draft.

Even if that second part isn't what we're doing, the prospect of getting traded to a place like Cleveland or NYJ will hopefully give Kirk more incentive to sign the LTD here.

If we're dealing him, it needs to be before the draft. Once the draft happens, his trade value goes way down.

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

If we're dealing him, it needs to be before the draft. Once the draft happens, his trade value goes way down.

What about during the draft?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
TheGreeK1973 wrote:
Woz wrote:
TheGreeK1973 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Casserly reads my mind:

Remains to be seen if passing on Billings to get future picks and then draft Ioannidis a round later is the right move. Billings is working back from his knee injury who cost him his rookie season while Ioannidis started to flash some in December as he became a rotational piece.

True, just like we will see how Doctson turns out. You can't account for injuries. But I think we could have had both and probably still draft the QB in the 6th.
lavar703

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:

Not to mention this isn't really worth it to me. The 12th pick and a second next year would be highway robbery for the Browns.
duke2056

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
A TRAIN 89 wrote:

1. To be wanted

None of the QBs the Browns have had since 1999 were any good prior to playing here, so not sure where you are coming from with that.

Pick 12 and a future 2nd? Oh my god I would wet myself if you guys traded us Cousins for that.

Some of you even sound like you WANT that deal to happen. Lord WHY???
We draft Garrett at #1 (out on a limb there).
We trade back from 12 for another 2018 1st.
We do NOT draft a QB in the first 2 rounds.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke2056 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
A TRAIN 89 wrote:

1. To be wanted

None of the QBs the Browns have had since 1999 were any good prior to playing here, so not sure where you are coming from with that.

Pick 12 and a future 2nd? Oh my god I would wet myself if you guys traded us Cousins for that.

Some of you even sound like you WANT that deal to happen. Lord WHY???

Some people can't stand Cousins because...reasons. So they would be happy he's off our roster.

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 26 of 27

Jump to: