Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PFT: BROWNS TO GO AFTER KIRK COUSINS ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dashing


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 8922
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: PFT: BROWNS TO GO AFTER KIRK COUSINS ? Reply with quote

Quote:
NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah "would not be shocked at all" if the Redskins and 49ers agree to a trade involving Kirk Cousins at the Combine.
Jeremiah isn't a typical Rotoworld source on the NFL side, but with draft season upon us, he has an ear to the ground and talks with numerous personnel people. He believes there's a "better than 50 percent" chance Cousins isn't a 2017 Redskin, and a deal sending Cousins to San Francisco, possibly along with the Redskins' No. 17 overall pick, in exchange for the 49ers' No. 2 overall pick is in the cards. Further, Jeremiah reports the Redskins still aren't sold on Cousins long-term. Washington seems intent on bungling an offense that had become one of the best in the league. Cousins would be a massive get for the rebuilding Niners.
Source: 1090 San Diego Feb 22 - 12:11 PM


Thoughts ? I wouldn't trade our first at all although Kirk is someone that I've lately talked down on he has put up some impressive numbers and been pretty accurat at 60 percent throwing completion .

But as I speculated I'd trade him for SF two firsts or a deal that gives us there first -2nd and 4th this year .


But be warn from what I'm about to say I do believe he won't come back and I do see us being interested in Romo who easily hasn't lost a step but thus the issue would be can he. E healthy? I am willing to risk having Romo and two firsts with literally almost tons of caps than to spoil everything on cousins it really sounds like he won't come back next year and will command an amazing contract .


thats just me ... I don't see cousins as the guy to get us to the SB or Romo but it's the picks that make it super sexy for us . Also could be that Gruden is on the hot seat.


Last edited by Dashing on Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Slateman


Joined: 13 Nov 2006
Posts: 10351
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like speculation.

But if you don't have a long term deal with Cousins by the draft, they gotta trade him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
21 ALL THE WAY


Joined: 18 Dec 2008
Posts: 5901
Location: WASHINGTON DC
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Per Roto : SF -WSH discussing trade for Cousins ? Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
Quote:
NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah "would not be shocked at all" if the Redskins and 49ers agree to a trade involving Kirk Cousins at the Combine.
Jeremiah isn't a typical Rotoworld source on the NFL side, but with draft season upon us, he has an ear to the ground and talks with numerous personnel people. He believes there's a "better than 50 percent" chance Cousins isn't a 2017 Redskin, and a deal sending Cousins to San Francisco, possibly along with the Redskins' No. 17 overall pick, in exchange for the 49ers' No. 2 overall pick is in the cards. Further, Jeremiah reports the Redskins still aren't sold on Cousins long-term. Washington seems intent on bungling an offense that had become one of the best in the league. Cousins would be a massive get for the rebuilding Niners.
Source: 1090 San Diego Feb 22 - 12:11 PM





Thoughts ? I wouldn't trade our first at all although Kirk is someone that I've lately talked down on he has put up some impressive numbers and been pretty accurat at 60 percent throwing completion .

But as I speculated I'd trade him for SF two firsts or a deal that gives us there first -2nd and 4th this year .


But be warn from what I'm about to say I do believe he won't come back and I do see us being interested in Romo who easily hasn't lost a step but thus the issue would be can he. E healthy? I am willing to risk having Romo and two firsts with literally almost tons of caps than to spoil everything on cousins it really sounds like he won't come back next year and will command an amazing contract .


thats just me ... I don't see cousins as the guy to get us to the SB or Romo but it's the picks that make it super sexy for us . Also could be that Gruden is on the hot seat.



We better not give them the 17 pick!!! Take the #2 pick and 2nd this and next year!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BigTimeRedskins


Joined: 10 Mar 2015
Posts: 1875
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MINIMUM I'd be willing to take is #2 overall. I wouldn't even take that deal. I would ask for their second and perhaps a swap of thirds, too.
_________________

Adopt a Redskin
Mack Brown- 8GP, 8 carries, 82 yards, 1 TD; 2 special team tackles
Ryan Kerrigan- 15 GP, 33 (25 solo) tackles, 11 sacks, 2 FF, 2 PD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Slateman


Joined: 13 Nov 2006
Posts: 10351
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cousins to San Fran doesn't make any sense. They have too many holes. Trading for a QB and then signing him to a huge deal is something you do when you have a quality team but need a QB to take you to the next level.

Denver, Kansas City, or Houston make more sense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MKnight82


Joined: 04 Mar 2009
Posts: 19352
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smokescreen.
_________________


Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dashing


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 8922
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
Sounds like speculation.

But if you don't have a long term deal with Cousins by the draft, they gotta trade him.


Here's the thing we have had since January first to discuss a deal heck even last season . It really sounds like cousins is vouching for top 3 qb historical contracts and has given us the cold shoulders of not wanting to be here .

If that's the case trade him when we tag him .

We haven't even tagged this man yet but to me I feel like we just don't want him and he doesn't want us so the tag is like we'll what other option you have .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dashing


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 8922
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTimeRedskins wrote:
The MINIMUM I'd be willing to take is #2 overall. I wouldn't even take that deal. I would ask for their second and perhaps a swap of thirds, too.


Agreed .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dashing


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 8922
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
Cousins to San Fran doesn't make any sense. They have too many holes. Trading for a QB and then signing him to a huge deal is something you do when you have a quality team but need a QB to take you to the next level.

Denver, Kansas City, or Houston make more sense.


SF makes a lot of sense they don't have a QB and Kirk is Kyles guy heck Kyle have stated he wants a guy long term and SF and the most cap available to spend .

houston invested way to much on oswiler ,KC isn't that desperate to trade multiple picks they'll go after Romo while Denver has two young qbs who again will try if anything to get Romo.

Idk if they'll trade two firsts but I can easily see them giving us there first -second-4th and next year third for cousins .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MikeT14


Joined: 02 Jan 2006
Posts: 10119
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misleading thread title is misleading.
_________________

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dashing


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 8922
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
Misleading thread title is misleading.


I put a question mark .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81110
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe this is a true thing. It has to be reported wrong. Cousins is a top 1/2 of the league qb. No way should we be trading him and our 17th overall draft pick for the #2 pick.

If we did this, I'd want Allen & Mccloughan to just hand in their papers and go find somewhere else to work.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81110
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTimeRedskins wrote:
The MINIMUM I'd be willing to take is #2 overall. I wouldn't even take that deal. I would ask for their second and perhaps a swap of thirds, too.
Same here. We'd have to hope though that San Fran wouldn't be the only team willing to trade for KC. If they are we could be stuck with just taking the best deal we could get.

Even this trade would be better than losing Kirk for nothing - except possibly a 3rd round Comp pick in the future - damn it would be the hardest trade to swallow in skins history though. It'd be more lopsided than Bailey & a 2nd for Portis.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dashing


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 8922
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I can't believe this is a true thing. It has to be reported wrong. Cousins is a top 1/2 of the league qb. No way should we be trading him and our 17th overall draft pick for the #2 pick.

If we did this, I'd want Allen & Mccloughan to just hand in their papers and go find somewhere else to work.


I think the writer ment to put 49ers next year first and got confused .

People need to realize Kyle shanahan is the true GM for SF and honestly he is the one who vouched for Rex and Beck before so you gotta understand he is willing to risk and pay cousins contract .

It's either long term or FA for us makes 0 sense to spend 24mil one year if we have like 60 cap including last year to get Kirk deal done .

Fact is Kirk could be looking at maybe 110 mil-120 mil after he made the pro bowl te price went up . That's why the progress been slow and why he hasn't been tagged .

Folks hate to say it but Kirk 50 percent gone ..the tag would be stupid because like dude ... we could sign you to a long term contract already I mean it shouldn't have been taking this long for an important position .

Either he's here long term or he's gone andif we decided if he will be gone than the 49ers would make A lot of sense .


Thinking about it tho we might. Not get two firsts ... SF could just wait next year to get Kirk instead of trading two firsts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 81110
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I can't believe this is a true thing. It has to be reported wrong. Cousins is a top 1/2 of the league qb. No way should we be trading him and our 17th overall draft pick for the #2 pick.

If we did this, I'd want Allen & Mccloughan to just hand in their papers and go find somewhere else to work.


I think the writer ment to put 49ers next year first and got confused .
Either that or the guys on the San Diego radio station are just speculating and have no clue what they're even talking about which is most likely the case here.

Quote:
People need to realize Kyle shanahan is the true GM for SF and honestly he is the one who vouched for Rex and Beck before so you gotta understand he is willing to risk and pay cousins contract .
Eveeyone does realize this and most people realize that paying Kirk isn't much of a risk based off of what he's shown us the last two years.

Quote:
It's either long term or FA for us makes 0 sense to spend 24mil one year if we have like 60 cap including last year to get Kirk deal done .
I think it's long term deal and if that can't get worked out we'll tag him, continue to work on a long term deal and if we can't get one by July we'll trade him.

Quote:
Fact is Kirk could be looking at maybe 110 mil-120 mil after he made the pro bowl te price went up . That's why the progress been slow and why he hasn't been tagged .
Pro bowl had no effect on Kirk's price. He's the top qb on the market and will get paid as such which will be near a Luck deal. It's either going to happen in D.C. Or he'll be traded and sign the deal in San Fran, Chicago or for the NYJ.

Quote:
Folks hate to say it but Kirk 50 percent gone ..the tag would be stupid because like dude ... we could sign you to a long term contract already I mean it shouldn't have been taking this long for an important position .
Deadlines always make deals. But yeah, there's never a sure thing with a player re-signing. To my knowledge we haven't talked to a h of our own free agents.

Quote:
Either he's here long term or he's gone and if we decided if he will be gone than the 49ers would make A lot of sense .


Thinking about it tho we might. Not get two firsts ... SF could just wait next year to get Kirk instead of trading two firsts
Yes, they could do that for sure.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 1 of 27

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group